PDA

View Full Version : Book reprint

Dingdongtudelu
2012-03-02, 11:10 AM
Hey all,

I hope I'm not posting yet another duplicate thread, but I don't frequent the forums all that much, couldn't find anything, and could think of no better place than to post. I am an avid OOTSer though, and I had a question regarding the reprint of the books.

I am a European resident, and as I pay somewhere between 15-20$ shipping costs, whenever I make a purchase and send it over, I prefer buying the whole shebang, instead of making smaller purchases, and paying the transfer costs every time.

I made the mistake of only buying 3 books once, and would like to order the remaining 4 I'm missing. Is there any sort of date or estimation yet when the other books will be reprinted and available for the public market?

Thanks in advance!
D.

SteveDJ
2012-03-02, 11:15 AM
Wow - I've seen accidental double-posts in a single thread before, but TRIPLE-starting new treads?!? That's a first... :smalleek:

pearl jam
2012-03-02, 11:19 AM
Check out the News posts regarding the Kickstarter drive to fund reprinting. You'll find the links near the top of the navigation column on the left side of the screen.

Dingdongtudelu
2012-03-02, 11:19 AM
Dagnabbit :smallyuk:!

I got a million 500 internal server errors, and then all of a sudden I get 3 new threads. Ugh :(.

Douglas
2012-03-02, 12:04 PM
Mr. Burlew just completed an enormous Kickstarter pledge drive in order to get the money to be able to reprint the books, and it was successful enough to fund extra-large supersized print runs of every book. Many of the backers of that drive will be getting some of the newly reprinted books as part of their chosen pledge rewards, and those are estimated to arrive at some point in April.

When all of those shipments have been sent, the remaining stock should be available to the public for ordering through Ookoodook. So, you should be able to order the rest sometime in April, or possibly May.

Note, however, that Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales will not be reprinted - ever - and the Kickstarter rewards will drastically reduce how much is left of the original print run. Rich Burlew has even made a few comments that he might withdraw all remaining stock of that book from Ookoodook after fulfilling Kickstarter orders and use them as special rewards for various things in the future until they run out. If that book is one of the ones you're missing and you care about getting it, you should order it right now regardless of shipping because if you don't you may end up never being able to order it.

Dingdongtudelu
2012-03-02, 12:16 PM
I only need 4 books, and the 4 weren't available as a package then :(. Thanks for the info though!

Jaros
2012-03-02, 12:17 PM
The money from the Kickstarter reprint drive (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599092525/the-order-of-the-stick-reprint-drive/posts) should get into Rich's accounts around mid-March, at which point the reprinting process can begin. I know the estimated delivery date for most books bought in the drive is April, but I don't know how long after that it'll be before they're available on ookoodook. There'll be periodic updates on the Kickstarter page though.

Edit: Curses! There was a third version of this thread further up the page.

Nimrod's Son
2012-03-02, 12:31 PM
I hope I'm not posting yet another duplicate thread
The irony of this is delicious.

factotum
2012-03-02, 12:36 PM
You missed the whole Kickstarter drive whose entire purpose was to get the books back into print, then? Basically, all of them (apart from Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails, which was always a limited run) will be back in print within the next few months.