PDA

View Full Version : a Light'n dark priest

felhanded
2012-03-02, 05:19 PM
Been thinking about making a priest character from some time, and im a big fan of the shadow priest aspect of WoW.
But im really bad at playing evil characters, i prefer neutral so i thought about making a light'n dark priest or twilight priest.
They way i imagine the character is that he has a "good" personality, the light part, and an "evil" personality, the shadow part. Kinda like the Prince in Prince of Persia - The Two Thrones, where he got a shadowy version of himself, like an alter ego.

But im totally lost about what class levels, feats etc. to pick.

Could really use a helping hand :smallsmile:

PairO'Dice Lost
2012-03-02, 07:14 PM
If you have access to Tome of Battle, one option might be using ruby knight vindicator, a PrC that progresses maneuvers and divine casting, with something like cleric 3/crusader 1/swordsage 1/RKV 10. The RKV gives access to both Devoted Spirit (a supportive, paladin-esque discipline) and Shadow Hand (a sneaky, assassin-esque discipline); pick up mostly Devoted Spirit with crusader and mostly Shadow hand with swordsage. If you take the Adaptive Style feat, you can change your readied maneuvers as a full-round action, so you can literally change your character's abilities from "I'm a good paladin!" to "I'm an evil assassin!" in a single round.

Pick up some options to help you do the same with your cleric casting (like choosing to spontaneously inflict and then taking Spontaneous Healer so you can use both cure and inflict spells spontaneously, and picking one "good" and one "evil" domain), and you're set. The best part is that RKV requires you to worship Wee Jas, a morally-ambiguous neutral-but-still-kinda-creepy goddess, so a "twilight" priest really fits the flavor nicely.

Hope that helps.