PDA

View Full Version : Deepest Darkvision

Kuulvheysoon
2012-03-02, 05:58 PM
It's Friday and ICO XXX doesn't close for more than a few hours, so here's a bit of a silly challenge.

What's the biggest range for darkvision that you can come up with? (While still being at least semi-playable?)

Off the top of my head, I've got Duergar Rogue 4/Ardent 1/Hoardstealer 9, with Deep Vision (feat) for...

120'(Racial)+30'(Light and Darkness mantle)+90'(Hoardstealer 9)+30'(Deep Vision feat) for a total of 270'.

Playground, show me what you got.

Varil
2012-03-02, 06:05 PM
Off the top of my head, you could get another 60' darkvision by using Devil's Favor and Devil's Sight from the Fiendish Codex II.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-03-02, 06:08 PM
Off the top of my head, you could get another 60' darkvision by using Devil's Favor and Devil's Sight from the Fiendish Codex II.

Ah, one of the few books I don't own/pdf.

If someone could confirm that stacking for those feats(?), then we're up to 330'

Hirax
2012-03-02, 06:09 PM
Superior darkvision lasts for hours/level, has a range of touch, and grants unlimited range darkvision. Ebon eyes lasts for 10 minutes/level, has a range of touch, and grants the ability to see in magical darkness, but only if illumination is sufficient in the first place (it doesn't help if the area is naturally dark anyway). Combo them for deeper darkvision that goes as far as you can see.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-03-02, 06:12 PM
Alright, well, that just throws that theory out the window.

But let's assume that there's no access to the spell here; let's try to get the furthest 'mundane' darkvision, shall we?

Hirax
2012-03-02, 06:33 PM
I'll toss this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm#nightsighted) copper piece on the pile then.

Anxe
2012-03-02, 06:37 PM
It may not be playing fair, but the Fierce Axe of Dwarvish Lords Artifact doubles darkvision of dwarves. From a conservative point of view that adds on another 120'. That one's sort of DM approval restricted though.

KicktheCAN
2012-03-02, 08:50 PM
The Baator domain grants you the ability to see perfectly in any kind of darkness, no limit to the range.