PDA

View Full Version : Don't get mad, get annoyingly creative.

Ryulin18
2012-03-03, 03:23 AM
After a few threads of talking about how my power abusive party has ruined the game for me, I have decided on a new and creatively nasty way to get even whilst testing their power gaming abilities.

I'm going to make the party healing/buffing/protecting cleric!

Here's the twist (http://geektyrant.com/storage/2011-post-images/mnight-afterearth-conceptart.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=13269147 80405)
I'm going to make him a anthropomorphic toad who has 5ft movement and roleplay him as a mostly crippled geriatric old man. Anyone who has read savage species knows that they come with a +6 wisdom so they can make damn good clerics. But is the party going to carry this nasty old toad around all day (in full plate as well) because of his amazing healing and buffing arts?

I'm making a check list to see what I can achieve before they either drop his crippled old ass in a dungeon or get me killed.

1 - Fit one of them with a saddle
2 - Get the party crafter to make me a wheelchair
3 - Use my wheelchair to go kobold bowling
4 - Sit in one of their backpacks (small size character) and suddenly become incontinent on their food supply.
5 - Get a foot rub mid dungeon for heals. (preferably mid battle)
6 - Call toilet breaks mid battle and teleport/recall away
7 - Any more ideas?

Ryulin18
2012-03-03, 04:15 AM
character stats after racial mods are

STR 4
DEX 16
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 24... that's right. Level 1 master
CHA 4

My only query is can I still use my 5 ft move in the heaviest armour I can find or should I go cloistered cleric for light with my normalish dex?

SilverLeaf167
2012-03-03, 04:33 AM
I really like the character concept :smallbiggrin:

You could just ride around on a pony. It would be humorous, without annoying the party too much.
As long as you don't attempt anything too fancy, you mightn't even need Ride ranks.

Ryulin18
2012-03-03, 04:55 AM
You could just ride around on a pony.

I could hire an npc mount!

http://cinemagogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/yoda-luke.jpeg

Closer you must go, heal I must.

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE NOW! THANKYOU, FORCE! I UNDERSTAND MY TASK NOW!

ahenobarbi
2012-03-03, 05:03 AM
Be Old man of the Sea, Sindbad version (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_of_the_Sea) :smallredface:

BobVosh
2012-03-03, 05:19 AM
character stats after racial mods are

STR 4
DEX 16
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 24... that's right. Level 1 master
CHA 4

My only query is can I still use my 5 ft move in the heaviest armour I can find or should I go cloistered cleric for light with my normalish dex?

Did you get the age benefits? You could have a 1 str and 27 wisdom ya know...

Which humors me even more.

Sneaky Weasel
2012-03-03, 05:46 AM
Oh, this is awesome. You should definitely go for the age benefits, and wear the heaviest armor you can find. Then you make someone carry you in a sling, papoose style. And then you remind them about encumbrance rules.:smalltongue: Also, if they refuse to carry you, your Move Silently will be so low as to make it impossible for them to sneak up on anyone. It occurs to me that there should be an armor ability that subtracts 10 from move silently in exchange for a price reduction. Hmm...
Also, take as much time away from the action as you can by complaining of sore bones, taking bathroom breaks, and demanding that you get hot food. All preferably in the middle of raging combat. I would also suggest taking Vow of Nonviolence, to annoy your fellow players even more. Vow of Poverty might fit as well, but if you take it you should insist on getting your share of the treasure and then using your cash(and at least a whole playing session) making houses for the poor.:smallamused:

Coidzor
2012-03-03, 10:48 AM
Well, it sounds like, of all things, you just need a 3 month break from your friends.

Tyger
2012-03-03, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I have to second Coidzor here. Why annoy them? Is this something that is going to be taken well, and in the spirit of a good-natured joke, or is this just going to annoy the other players and the DM? Nothing says "we would rather you stopped playing" like someone who intentionally detracts from the other players' fun.

Have you spoken to them about your wants with regard to the games? Have you had a chat with the DM about how you aren't enjoying the game? Those have to come first, and frankly, being "annoyingly creative" would result in you being asked to shape up or ship out from my group, and I would hazard from most groups.

Voyager_I
2012-03-03, 12:25 PM
Well, it sounds like, of all things, you just need a 3 month break from your friends.

This.

Your friends play the game a different way than you. If you don't like it, don't play with them. Yes, it's silly of them to be okay with munchkinized Wizards but not Tome of Battle, but that doesn't give you any right to join their games with no intention other than irritating them. You're being spiteful and immature now.

Just find a DM that works for you. That way everyone gets to have fun and nobody ruins any friendships.

Ryulin18
2012-03-03, 12:44 PM
Just find a DM that works for you. That way everyone gets to have fun and nobody ruins any friendships.

I live in a very "Non-D&D" area, people prefer to watcher football or go out on the piss 7 days a week then play. I spent 3 years looking for this group. I can't start searching again.

I'm good friends with them everywhere but on the battlefield, metaphorically. And my goal isn't to just annoy them, but to test them as well.

If a few of them believe they can munchkin themselves off the map, see how they fare by really having to carry the party?

Voyager_I
2012-03-03, 12:50 PM
This is a juvenile way of dealing with your problem, most likely will not make anything better in the long run, and is also liable to get you un-welcomed from the only group in your area you've been able to find.

Furthermore, the group does not exist for your amusement. Even if they play the game in a way that you or the majority of the forum doesn't agree with, the simple fact that it's still their group, their game, and their fun. If you're desperate for a game and can't find any groups that match your style better, then either don't play, or man up and deal with it. Trolling their games is simply not an option for any sort of mature social interaction.

Basically, you're about to be 'that guy'. Don't be that guy.

Ryulin18
2012-03-03, 12:59 PM
you're about to be 'that guy'. Don't be that guy.

...:smallfrown:

......:smalleek:

I'm taking a sabbatical from the group.

Thanks for the early warning guys in the playground.

Venser
2012-03-03, 01:57 PM
Great idea :)

The only downfall is that the party might decide that they had had enough of you very soon and kill(forcing u to make a different character)

The Glyphstone
2012-03-03, 02:00 PM
...:smallfrown:

......:smalleek:

I'm taking a sabbatical from the group.

Thanks for the early warning guys in the playground.

Yeah, this was a 'That Guy' in the making. But rejoice, for you managed to stop it before it began.

Voyager_I
2012-03-03, 02:08 PM
If you're hard up for local groups, you can try Play-by-Post games online. There's a decent collection of them here, as well as dedicated PbP communities at www.myth-weavers.com and www.dndonlinegames.com.

Ryulin18
2012-03-04, 02:15 PM
The only downfall is that the party might decide that they had had enough of you very soon and kill you.

The party hasn't started yet. Got a few months before it begins. But my current character in the party is taking a long quest to learn his epic level spells.

gorfnab
2012-03-04, 06:01 PM
With that high of a Wis mod consider a level of Monk or buy a Monk's belt instead of using full plate. Also consider taking the feat Intuitive Attack (BoED) for Wis mod to attacks with simple/natural weapons.

Ryulin18
2012-03-04, 08:03 PM
With that high of a Wis mod consider a level of Monk or buy a Monk's belt instead of using full plate. Also consider taking the feat Intuitive Attack (BoED) for Wis mod to attacks with simple/natural weapons.

Monk's belt is a definite. But I wasn't planning on attacking unless it was an unavoidable situation.

NOT taking vow of non violence...