PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Poison-body Alchemist

Crasical
2012-03-03, 09:11 PM
I've had the concept of a character with poisonous blood/saliva for a while now, so when I noticed the Vishkanya (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/monsters-as-pcs#TOC-Vishkanya)in Pathfinder's Monsters as PCs area, I had an urge to revisit the concept as an Alchemist with the theme of brewing poisons and extracts inside their own body. Unfortunately, the save DCs for poisons are still low enough that I forsee problems. I've got these salient points:

The save DC by round increases with additional applications of the poison. That means getting many attacks a round and the Sticky Poison discovery can potentially boost the DC high enough that targets won't instantly make their save.
Concentrate Poison lets me increase the save DC by 2 points but effectively doubles the cost of the dose.
Adder Strike lets me split a single dose between two hands and deliver them with unarmed strikes.

Obviously I'm a little concerned that what seems to be the most effective means of delivering poison involves two weapon fighting and unarmed combat, two fairly weak fighting styles... Does anyone have any alternative ideas?