PDA

View Full Version : UserCP and threads not updating most recent post.

Karen Lynn
2012-03-03, 11:56 PM
In PbP games, you check the CP to see who posted last, like a shortcut for your subscribed threads. I've noticed that even though I check them often, refresh, and clear my cache(even using two-three different PCs), that even though I'm last to post, The previous poster is shown as most recent. This also occurs when I check the subscriptions folders, and see that UserCP doesn't list any recent posts, but somebody posted a half hour before I checked. Maybe this could get looked into?

Savannah
2012-03-04, 03:48 PM
That is a know issue -- the sever errors are causing several ways to screw up posts. I've seen instances where it shows that the thread is updated but the posts don't appear in the thread and where it does not show that it's updated but the posts do appear in the thread (your situation).

If you know there's a post but you can't see it, just click "reply" and scroll down to below the textbox where you can review the last several posts and you will see the "missing" post(s). You can then either respond to the posts or hit "back" to avoid posting.

In your situation, if you're in a pbp and it's not showing that you posted, I'd post OOC or PM everyone to let them know that they need to manually check your post.

Karen Lynn
2012-03-04, 04:37 PM
Alright. Thanks, Savannah.