PDA

View Full Version : General Sluggishness

Hefty Lefty
2012-03-04, 02:21 PM
Hey, I don't like to complain about this much, but this site specifically runs really, really slowly. In the past few days I've had difficulty posting in threads/created 2x or 3x posts and created two identical threads because of the lagging of the forums.

Is this the general consensus of everyone else?
Is there anything being done to improve the quality of the site?

Thanks! :smallsmile:

Occasional Sage
2012-03-04, 03:17 PM
I am having no such issues on my phone or laptop.

As for improvements ot the site:

This is going to be a big year for me, and for OOTS, and for GITP. And for you, I guess. You have a veritable shower of goodies waiting for you in your reward packages, and there will be some unknown number of new ideas and improvements to the website, the comic, and whatever else I can make better for everyone by throwing some of this money at. I hope you're as excited as I am to see what comes next.
(http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599092525/the-order-of-the-stick-reprint-drive/posts/178261)

Roland St. Jude
2012-03-04, 03:58 PM
Sheriff: Yes, the forum performance issues are well-known. Peruse the threads in the Board Issues subforum for numerous examples both general and specific.

And, yes, things are often being done behind the scenes to improve performance. Larger-scale things might be added when time and money permit.