PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul > Malconvoker, how to get in?

Almaseti
2012-03-05, 12:33 AM
For mostly fluff reasons, malconvoker would fit a favored soul I want to build really well, but Favored Souls don't have Bluff as a class skill. Or Know(the Planes). And don't get bonus metamagic feats. Does the playground have any advice on how I can make this happen? Game is starting at level 4, if that matters.

Psyren
2012-03-05, 12:40 AM
Bluff: Apprentice (Criminal)

Know (Planes): plenty of ways: Knowledge Devotion, Draconic Knowledge Education, Apprentice (spellcaster), and some setting-specific stuff.

The Apprentice feats are in DMGII, Knowledge Devotion is in CChamp, DK is in DrM, and Education is in ECS or FRCS.

Calanon
2012-03-05, 01:12 AM
Calanon: Today, We have Orcus here

Orcus: Uhh... sup?

Calanon: and Graz'zt... If he didn't decide to ***** out! Call him up, Tell him he's a little bitch... were about to go OP on this Favored Soul...

MALCONVOKER
(Demons, you all mah bitches)

Calanon: EPIC BUILD TIME here at the Playground, about to get down on this Favored Soul

Intelligence 15...
Human Master race...
4 feats... 2 OF THEM FREE WHAT UP!

First level skill points application (8 skill points for Bluff and Knowledge (Planes)

Orcus teaching languages like he teaches Necromancy

Orcus: Umm what was that? *Holding Rod*

Calanon: Uhh nuthing... just keep teaching...

Feats application...
Human: Spell Focus (Conjuration)
1st: Whatever
3rd: Whatever
6th: Augmented Summoning

Now we add those souls, spells, and everything from hell BUT WE AIN'T GOT NO PLANAR BINDING!

Summon Monster 1
Summon Monster 2
Summon Monster 3

NOW WE TRAIN THIS BITCH

Acererak: LETS DO THIS! *Sets urrthang together to Skrillex*

Orcus: AUGH! How is this going to help me rule the Abyss!?

Calanon: You like Planar Domination? We got Planar Domination! WWW.MURDERFLIX.COM/OPTIMIZE! You get one month free trial of all the free Domination schemes and we get Wealth by level. DON'T YOU MESS THIS UP FOR ME! I NEED ME WEALTH BY LEVEL!

*Ding*

Calanon: ITS DONE :smallbiggrin:

AND NOW! THINGS GET STUPID!

External handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5573.0)
External handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5812)
External handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11186)

Evil, now which one of you bitches is gonna play this ****!?

Graz'zt: Which one of you pieces of **** called me a bitch :smallmad:

Everyone: :smalleek: *Points at the build*

Graz'zt: *Plays it all the way to 20*

Calanon: Next time, we build the Lady of Pain

I was probably ninja'd into oblivion by the time it took me to finish all this but GOD was it fun to do :smallbiggrin: (I will probably get in trouble for this but eh... somethings are just worth it...)

EDIT: oOo Psyrens ideas aren't actually to bad, go with his.
EDIT2: Or mix our ideas into some sort of fusion of pure nonsensical... Idk where I was going with this so just mix our ideas since mines leaves you with 2 open feats :smallannoyed:

Thurbane
2012-03-05, 01:29 AM
For mostly fluff reasons, malconvoker would fit a favored soul I want to build really well, but Favored Souls don't have Bluff as a class skill. Or Know(the Planes). And don't get bonus metamagic feats. Does the playground have any advice on how I can make this happen? Game is starting at level 4, if that matters.
In addition to what was posted above, if your race permits, Human Paragon can help you get there. Any ten skills as class skills (one permanently added to all classes), and you get a bonus feat at 2nd level. The main downside is it's only 2/3 casting level increases.

dextercorvia
2012-03-05, 09:21 AM
Why not just buy them cross class? You only need 4 ranks of them? You aren't getting in to Malconvoker until level 7 anyway. Be a Human, then even if you have an 8 Int, your 18 skill points are more than enough to cover you for prereqs. Your Concentration will suck, unless you have at least a 10 Int, but really these aren't bad requirements.