PDA

View Full Version : Greater Dispel Magic as a Beguiler

Studoku
2012-03-05, 06:42 AM
I'm playing a beguiler in a 1-20 campaign (3.5 World's largest dungeon). We're still pretty low level, but I'm trying to figure out problems early so I can build around them.

In this case, the problem is that Dispel Magic is on the beguiler's spell list but Greater Dispel Magic isn't, making dispelling things into the higher levels difficult. Is there a way to add this spell to my list, or should I just add it to my things I need to UMD?

Corlindale
2012-03-05, 07:00 AM
Arcane Disciple might be an option, if you can find a Domain with GDM on its list. Without further tricks you'll only get it 1/day, though.

Best solution is probably to let the cleric handle dispelling, though. GDM can be somewhat expensive to UMD because it's very CL-dependent.

Jeff the Green
2012-03-05, 07:05 AM
I think the only RAW way is to take Arcane Disciple: Liberation domain. You'll need 16 WIS to cast it, though.

You might also try to convince your DM to let you use the Warmage ACF Eclectic Learning (PHB II), which lets you learn a spell from any school with Advanced Learning, but it counts as a spell level higher so you wouldn't be able to get it until level 15.