PDA

View Full Version : Bard IC/DFI Cohort?

Legendairy
2012-03-05, 10:59 AM
Ok so in my campaign I have a Dread Necro Big Bad, what I need is a build for his bardic cohort/companion. Does not have to be super optmized but I would like to see feats and a build progression(he may be recurring). So i guess im needing some sort of undead bard that is opt. for IC guessing bard/warchanter or something like that.

His stats are 17-17-16-16-12-11

I would like human or Half-Elf but doesn't have to be.

All books available but NO dragon mag stuff.

As always thank you all in advance.

Legendairy
2012-03-05, 06:55 PM
Damn, no one? See if this helps. I planned on something like bard 8 WC 10ish not sure on all the feats but silverbrow human is a possibilty but since he will be undead eventually im not sure if that would work and all. Bards are not my forte and never have been, when I was first introduced to D&D our DM banned them outright because he thought they were silly.

Again, thank you all in advance.

Lord Ruby34
2012-03-05, 07:37 PM
Here, take a look at this (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9830), it should help.

Coidzor
2012-03-05, 07:52 PM
Well, unfortunately the Death Metal Leader Bard (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6497.0)build uses heartfire fanner. One very similar to it could use PrC bard possibly though.

Have you checked out the handbook on Inspire Courage Op (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9830)?

One thing to consider would be a Bard 4/Crusader(or Warblade) X focusing on White Raven Tactics, with the feat Song of the Raven.

Let's see. Silverbrow Human

H - (Wild Cohort is always an option for a spare feat, or dragontouched)
1 - Dragonfire Inspiration (or for something other than fire or cold, take draconic heritage for whatever energy type you want him to have and bump all of the feats down)
3 - Song of the White Raven (go Bard 2, then Crusader 1 or Warblade 1, finish up bard and then straight martial adept)
6 - Requiem
9 - Song of the Heart(with more bard levels this could be grabbed instead of a bardic music effect as a bonus feat)
12 - Free
15 - Free
18 - Free

Legendairy
2012-03-05, 08:50 PM
Awesome on both accounts. Any thoughts on making him undead because with the minionmancer he would get jacked by the negative energy flying around? I like the fanner and the build as a whole but as a dm I want my characters to be able to do it too and I have no access to drag mag except online. Again thank you both.

Coidzor
2012-03-06, 04:17 PM
Awesome on both accounts. Any thoughts on making him undead because with the minionmancer he would get jacked by the negative energy flying around? I like the fanner and the build as a whole but as a dm I want my characters to be able to do it too and I have no access to drag mag except online. Again thank you both.

If he was made by a dread necromancer 8+ in a descecrate effect with an evil altar present who had also taken the corpse crafter line of feats, then that would compensate for having a d12 HD with no constitution score if you wanted him in melee.

Otherwise undead are just fine as caster combatants/ranged support.

You'd have to rule that necropolitan worked with the corpsecrafter feats, but that would be just fine to turn him into human DFI bard only undead now.

Otherwise... Bard + Ghost savage progression online would work. If you're not averse to online homebrew I think Frank and K's swordwraith might work for this concept.

gomipile
2012-03-06, 08:30 PM
You'd have to rule that necropolitan worked with the corpsecrafter feats, but that would be just fine to turn him into human DFI bard only undead now.

Silverbrow Human. :D

JonRG
2012-03-06, 08:54 PM
Any thoughts on making him undead because with the minionmancer he would get jacked by the negative energy flying around?

Tomb-Tainted Soul (Libris Mortis 31) would give him healing from negative energy/damage from positive energy like an undead without being one. Only pre-req is a non-good alignment which shouldn't be an issue.