PDA

View Full Version : [SWSE] Gm questions

utherphoenyx
2012-03-05, 11:07 AM
okay im kinda new to Dming so i was need a few questions answered first off can a character start of at lvl 1 already fallen? my second question is in rise of the empire era are miraluka available to be played? and where is a good start for a fringe game?

IdleMuse
2012-03-06, 05:54 AM
Firstly, good luck with GMing!

can a character start of at lvl 1 already fallen?

I wouldn't recommend it. In fact, I'd recommend not letting anyone play a fallen dark side character at all. Skirting the edge is fine, great roleplaying at the core of what Star Wars is about to some people. But a fallen player character isn't really a recipe for a cohesive party dynamic, and as per the guidelines, I'd make any character that falls into an NPC.

my second question is in rise of the empire era are miraluka available to be played?

I can see no reason why not. The stats for Miraluka are in the KOTOR era campaign setting, or failing that, there's a 'lite' stats block for them in Threats of the Galaxy as well - I can't remember if there are any mechanical differences between the two, but the KOTOR one has the culture and history sections and so forth.

and where is a good start for a fringe game?

Call me traditional, but if you're lacking ideas, Tatooine is a great place to start; players will at least know what you're talking about!

Ranos
2012-03-07, 09:59 AM
In fact, I'd recommend not letting anyone play a fallen dark side character at all.

Just chiming in to say, this doesn't necessarily apply. The dark side users are just as varied as the light side users. Just take a good look at your players, and ask yourself if they would be the kind to immediately jump at the chance of making a disruptive, Stupid Evil character. If not, making a darksider is absolutely fine.

utherphoenyx
2012-03-07, 01:22 PM
hmmm just found out that the fallen person is a no go he just wanted to be a bit darker also i have a starter point the planet of correllia and on of the players is the heir to a small starship manufacturing company (noble with wealth and connections) the other player wants to play a force sensitive bodyguard which i know how to handle

KillianHawkeye
2012-03-27, 08:46 PM
From experience: Don't let your PCs take Force Lightning at level 1.

In general, I think the Force power system would be greatly improved by giving each power a minimum required level to learn.