PDA

View Full Version : E6 Elite Scout (Help with Magic items 52k)

NeverSleep
2012-03-05, 01:48 PM
Hello Playgrounders:

I've got a Scout in an E6 Campaign - He rides a griffin and has fly-by archery based feats. We're at E6+4 feats

I need help spending the rest of the cash, and I'm hoping to get some suggestions from you guys.

The E6 rules(as interpreted by DM) are that no casters above 6 exist, and therefore nothing with a spell level above 3 or CL 6 exists.

I gotta spend 52K, what do you guys suggest?

Thanks

Lonely Tylenol
2012-03-05, 02:30 PM
I'm actually working out a comprehensive list of items and item properties that are available to characters under those restrictions (in white; highlighted in yellow are items and item properties with a spell level up to 4 and a caster level up to 8, which are available to 6th-level artificers), but it's been slow going; I don't know if I'll have the whole list done by the time you'd need it.

Thus far, I've completed the Magic Item Compendium and all books up to and including Ghostwalk in alphabetical order (including both Dungeon Master's Guides and the Dragon Magazine Compendium, but not setting-specific books).

When do you need your magic items by?

Godskook
2012-03-05, 03:10 PM
1.What's your build so far?

2.Does your DM allow custom items if used responsibly?

NeverSleep
2012-03-05, 03:15 PM
Probably going to need it by Thursday.

NeverSleep
2012-03-05, 04:15 PM
@Godskook

I've got:
all 6 levels in Scout
PHB Elf(could swap this for another variety of elf I suppose-I want the dex bonus)
Str: 12 Dex: 20 Con: 12 Int: 14 Wis:12 Cha: 10
Point blank Shot
precise shot
rapid shot
ride by attack
Dodge
Mobility
Mounted Combat
Mounted Archery
Quick Draw
(I don't have any flaws, although I could take them for more feats)
max ride ranks
a Griffin named Chesapeake

Godskook
2012-03-05, 05:09 PM
By your description, your build isn't set in stone yet, so may I suggest going:

Scout 4/Ranger 2?

This lets you:
-Grab Swift Hunter(bypass immunities! second FE and preserves skirmish)
-Utilize FE related items and feats(including getting more FE from feats)
-Gives you rapid shot for free which was probably on your feat list already

Alternatively: Scout 4/Ranger 1/Cleric 1 for knowledge devotion plus turning attempts to power it, but that's a more dramatic change...

Also, you didn't answer the part about custom items, such as getting deadly precision on a weapon, but instead of SA, it adds the same amount of skirmish.

NeverSleep
2012-03-05, 05:13 PM
Custom items should be ok, tastefully.

Godskook
2012-03-05, 06:11 PM
And your thoughts about adding the ranger levels?

NeverSleep
2012-03-05, 06:30 PM
Not really interested in discussing the build, just magic items that would fit well with the "Archer flying on a griffin" archetype.