PDA

View Full Version : Who here doesn't actually play D&D?

rrgg
2012-03-05, 05:06 PM
Never tried it, never seen a rulebook. Honestly I don't think I would be that fun to play with.

Although, it's never really been much of a barrier to enjoying the likes of OotS or DMotR. If anything figuring out the rules has felt way easier than almost any other fiction where the author simply makes them up as he goes along.

Veya
2012-03-05, 05:16 PM
I never played D&D, but not by option, where I live, it is near impossible to find people who even KNOW what D&D is, much less find people who want to play it.

I do think it would be fun, I mean, I always think that if something is famous, there is a reason behind it, so I'd like to at least try it before deciding if it is good or not...

Aldreck
2012-03-05, 05:24 PM
Played a few computer games based on D&D rules, (NWN, Temple of Elemental Evil), never played a tabletop game. I would be open to the idea if I could find some likeminded people.

oppyu
2012-03-05, 05:28 PM
Never played, never have been remotely interested in the whole tabletop rpg thing until I started reading the comic. As it is, I tried reading the basic rules for D&D online and they were off-puttingly complicated.

Claudius Maximus
2012-03-05, 05:30 PM
Now if only there were a forum of like-minded people with a section for playing online...

I guess you're out of luck until someone invents such a thing though.

zedyue
2012-03-05, 05:31 PM
I never got the chance to play because when growing up it was forced upon me the concept of D&D was for nerds and I was shown pictures in magazines and such of fat people crouched over some board game.

I would play now but I wouldn't know where to start since I have no way of figuring out who to play with. Also I don't know if there are any videogames that adequately model the D&D universe.

Now if only there were a forum of like-minded people with a section for playing online...

The problem with that is I don't want to look dumb (I don't know much about the game other than concepts), so I wouldn't try to play with people until I've tried some videogame.

Aldreck
2012-03-05, 05:35 PM

I thnk I'd prefer to play face-to-face with people I can meet in real life to playing over the internet.

Quild
2012-03-05, 05:36 PM
I started to play a few months ago and have only played a 4 or 5 times.
I have played to video games based on D&D, and read a lot of fantasy. I sometimes miss a reference do D&D, but usually "guess" there is a difference, and get it while reading the discussion thread or searching a bit.

Still, I was aware of D&D game mechanics before I started reading oots (stats&skill points, dice rolls, round per round, that kind of stuff).

River
2012-03-05, 05:42 PM
Very much like Aldreck I've played some D&D "based" cRPGs (different ones, though) and never happened to find a group (well, aside from a few guys in the middle of a campaign playing a hungarian system that quite obviously is not D&D... but then, I am a roleplaying-over-mechanics person)
Still, the fact I do not have any direct experience with the system was never detrimental to my enjoyment of the comic.

Riverdance
2012-03-05, 05:47 PM
There was once a time when I thought, "I will never play DnD. How could I ever possibly learn all those rules? It's like learning another language." I am now fluent.

Michaeler
2012-03-05, 05:52 PM
There are two types of RPG. There are those you date and those you marry.

DnD is the kind you buy a couple of drinks and sneak into a back alley with. It can be fun but it mostly leaves you wishing it was another system. Not that we don't owe it a great debt, I mean without DnD there would be no rpgs to speak of, but then without the horse and cart there would be no ferraris but I'd rather drive a ferrari than a horse and cart.

Math_Mage
2012-03-05, 05:57 PM

DnD is the kind you buy a couple of drinks and sneak into a back alley with. It can be fun but it mostly leaves you wishing it was another system.

Someone sig this before I scrap mine in an impulse decision I will no doubt regret later.

Grinner
2012-03-05, 06:14 PM
I would play now but I wouldn't know where to start since I have no way of figuring out who to play with. Also I don't know if there are any videogames that adequately model the D&D universe.

The problem with that is I don't want to look dumb (I don't know much about the game other than concepts), so I wouldn't try to play with people until I've tried some videogame.

There's your first problem. You're getting hung up on the rules.

Honestly, most people don't know the rules as well as you think. Just take a gander at the D&D 3.5 forum.

You do need to know:
-How to roll a twenty-sided die (a "d20")
-How to add and subtract

Congratulations, you now know how to play D&D. Pick up a Player's Handbook and make a character in accordance with the step-by-step guide.

ellindsey
2012-03-05, 06:16 PM
I have played it in the past, and would do so now if I could find a good local game that matched the time I have available for one.

Fish
2012-03-05, 06:21 PM
I enjoy OOTS because I used to play D&D. I rarely played 3.0 or 3.5, and have never seen 4.0.

It was, however, very influential in my life and the subsequent games I learned — V&V and GURPS among them. Today I mostly play the latter system, though that is a thread for elsewhere.

rbetieh
2012-03-05, 06:26 PM
I have played it in the past, and would do so now if I could find a good local game that matched the time I have available for one.

Thats kind of where I am. AD&D was fun times years ago, and every so often I itch to start playing again, but I want to sit at a table with a bunch of buds and eat pizza while I play, and that is a lot harder to do....

Hardcore
2012-03-05, 06:45 PM
Gurps Cthuhlu FTW.

Feathersnow
2012-03-05, 07:10 PM

DnD is the kind you buy a couple of drinks and sneak into a back alley with. It can be fun but it mostly leaves you wishing it was another system. Not that we don't owe it a great debt, I mean without DnD there would be no rpgs to speak of, but then without the horse and cart there would be no ferraris but I'd rather drive a ferrari than a horse and cart.

This. Shadowrun is pretty good, and classic deadlands is mentally ill. In a fun way.

Goosefarble
2012-03-05, 07:38 PM
I have also never played Dungeons and Dragons. The first thing I heard about it was the eponymous cartoon series which sort of has not much to do with the game. It always sounded kind of interesting to me, but also really complex. I picked up most of the rules (most of the ones I've picked up, that is) through Order of the Stick. When I came into the story I had no idea what any of the terms were, and now I have a semi-basic grasp of them. I kind of want to play, since I always liked roleplaying and stuff, but I've never got around to it.

skaddix
2012-03-05, 08:00 PM
Never Played, Most Likely Never Will.

MoonCat
2012-03-05, 08:02 PM
I actually got into DnD because of OoTS. It's pretty fun, I do recommend you try it.

t209
2012-03-05, 08:11 PM
Plan to try it after reading Goblins, OOTS.
I only played skyrim, warcraft III, (Which some of the spells shared with D&D)
P.S- How do Soul gems work in D&D? I know it isn't Elderscrolls but I heard you can soul bind them to Black sapphire.

Whiffet
2012-03-05, 08:19 PM
I've played exactly two sessions of D&D. I was an elf rogue and enjoyed it well enough, all things considered. I figured out pretty quickly that the DM wasn't very good, though, what with the whole punishing-the-party-for-his-own-mistakes thing. "Oops, sorry, I messed up and forgot about these immunities. Okay, I'll just put half the monsters back and let them kill you while you're low on HP and the cleric can't help you" (not his exact words). I didn't want to stick with a group like that. I would like to play more, but it's hard to find a group around here. I know of another one, but the timing doesn't work for me at all and they're pretty full already.

I guess I could try PbP, but I'd rather actually be around people.

Surfing HalfOrc
2012-03-05, 08:20 PM
Never tried it, never seen a rulebook. Honestly I don't think I would be that fun to play with.

Although, it's never really been much of a barrier to enjoying the likes of OotS or DMotR. If anything figuring out the rules has felt way easier than almost any other fiction where the author just make them up as he goes along.

Well, you start off with a pretty negative statement, so I'm not sure where you want to go with this...

I started playing D&D in Junior High, way back in 1979. I played off and on all through High School, and my first few years in the Navy.
Then Dragonlance came out, with Kenders. Too many people mistook "childlike" with "childish," and I decided to drop D&D for a while. Got into it again after 3rd Edition, had three different groups over about 8 years, then got into Old School Renaissance D&D clones because I liked the simplicity.

Tabletop D&D is like anything else you do with other people for fun. If you want to have fun, and others want to have fun, you will probably have fun.

t209
2012-03-05, 08:27 PM
Too many people mistook "childlike" with "childish," and I decided to drop D&D for a while.
That's what my dad told me when he found out about the rules of D&D. I tried buying at half-price book but
1. it's too long
2. I don't know what to get.
3. Too expensive.

Eigenclass
2012-03-05, 08:34 PM
If you're not sure whether you'll like D&D, or can't find people to play with, find just one buddy to help you roll up a solo adventure and see how you like it - you can even start by using the SRD rules (for 3.5 anyway) so you don't have to make the financial investment until you're sure.

I'm a long-term geek and gamer myself, but my wife only just started playing this weekend, thanks to OOTS! I was raving to her about the kickstarter, and all the reasons why this webcomic rules, and she wanted to see what all the buzz was about.

At first she was a bit leery about the rules being complicated too, but she rolled up a Rogue just to humor me. But as someone pointed out, what it really comes down to is rolling the d20 and letting yourself become part of the story.

Once she'd rolled the first handful of skill-checks, she started really getting into it, making sure I was adding her ability bonuses and skills accurately, and trying to figure out my "system" for assigning DCs, etc... The coolest part was her first round of D&D combat ever - she rolled a 20 for initiative, and her first attack ever was a critical hit sneak attack!

It might seem nerdy or boring until you try it - but like a high-level mage with Suggestion prepared in all spell slots, you're bound sooner or later to blow a saving throw against how much FUN you're having, and then it seems rational and natural even to just go with the flow!

A lot of credit goes to the contributions of webcomic authors like Rich & Tarol Hunt of Goblins, and even DNDorks (in their day), towards bringing these often misunderstood hobbies a little more into the mainstream with their art and creativity.

Whiffet
2012-03-05, 08:39 PM
3. Too expensive.

Oh yeah, there's that reason too. :smallwink: Filling up my gas tank is a bit higher priority than a sourcebook.

Fortunately you only "need" a small number of books. The player with little disposable income doesn't need to bother with BoED or BoVD or the many others.

Surfing HalfOrc
2012-03-05, 08:49 PM
That's what my dad told me when he found out about the rules of D&D. I tried buying at half-price book but
1. it's too long
2. I don't know what to get.
3. Too expensive.

Well, here is a short, free version of a 1st Edition Clone: Labyrinth Lord (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=64331&filters=0_0_0_31807)

This is the No Art version, but it has all the rules you need to play.

This version is a "clone" of the Tom Moldvery Basic D&D rules, the Advanced Edition Characters is closer to 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, and is also available for free. OSRIC is another free 1st Edition clone, as well as Dark Dungeons. You might be able to find the Pathfinder Beta Rules somewhere, which is a 3.X clone. For Gold and Glory and one other (I can't remember the title now) are 2nd Edition clones coming out soon. All have free versions.

EDIT: The Dark Dungeon version is a riff on the old Jack Chick anti-D&D mini-comics.

Dr. Magic
2012-03-05, 10:24 PM
Never played in my life, no real interest. I'm a comic guy, s'why I'm here. It is interesting though how the D&D folks feel like you're missing a limb if you don't play...

Anyway, if you're here for good webcomics, as I am, here are some I recommend:

Delilah Dirk & the Turkish Lieutenant (http://www.delilahdirk.com/ - contains awesomeness)
Plume (http://plumecomic.com/ - contains old timey language)
The Meek (http://www.meekcomic.com/ - contains occasional nudity)
Much, the Miller's Son (http://muchthecomic.com/ - contains occasional nudity)
Battlepug (http://battlepug.com/ - contains continual partial nudity, sort of)
Bearmageddon (http://bearmageddon.com/ - contains gore)
Ratfist (http://ratfist.com/ - contains weirdness)
Power Nap (http://www.powernapcomic.com/d/20110617.html - contains freaky monsters)

rrgg
2012-03-05, 10:46 PM
Well, you start off with a pretty negative statement, so I'm not sure where you want to go with this...
I think you may have misread, I wasn't trying to be negative towards D&D or its players at all.

Dr. Magic
2012-03-05, 10:49 PM
I think you may have misread, I wasn't trying to be negative towards D&D or its players at all.

BTW, me neither, with my last comment about limbs - i just thought it odd that an innocent thread about the 'non D&D'ers who enjoy OOTS sort of became a proselytizing thing...

MeanMrsMustard
2012-03-05, 10:56 PM
I haven't played before, but after reading OotS, I think I'd like to.
(Unrelated: Veya, I love your avatar!)

Sutremaine
2012-03-05, 11:16 PM
I don't, although I did join one short-lived game in the forums here. I like reading about it though, and thinking how neat it'd be to have a build that does XYZ.

But everything I like about D&D I can get from Dwarf Fortress, and I don't have to wait on other people for progress.

BaronOfHell
2012-03-06, 10:51 AM
About 9 years ago I played once a week for a few months. It was fun enough, but the game went way to slow for my taste. I haven't played D&D since then.

I had before and after this time period played a few computer games based on D&D, or at least something similar. Especially the might and magic genre springs to my mind. Though it's not more than at most a year ago I played a little DDO.

I would like to play more, but it's hard to find a group around here.

Says she who's apparently from.. Saturn?:smallconfused: Somehow I'm surprised you even had access to the internet. What's that? Oh! Please forgive my manners. Hello! We're from Earth! We come in peace! No! Please! No stop that! No! Please don't eat us!! No we're not made out of 86% curstard:smalleek: Oh it's Saturn custard then technically I suppose..

guguma
2012-03-06, 03:22 PM
What got me into D&D was cRPG's based on D&D (Especially Baldur's Gate 2) but I have only played a couple of tabletop sessions.

The problem with the tabletop version is that the tabletop version is long and you play it with people, so the people you play with matters A LOT, especially the DM.

In my opinion a good DM should be very familiar with the rules, supply excellent feedback about what is going on(the computer in cRPG;s is great at this :biggrin:) and will emphasize the role playing rather than rules and dices. A good DM must be a good storyteller who can plan the story, improvise a lot without being ridiculous (once my party needed to die for the story to continue and we kept killing everything thrown at us so the DM summoned 6 death knights that ambused us by jumping at us from the trees...with their horses :biggrin:) and have several plot twists in mind.

It is all about story and interaction with people, you can play a super linear game starting from goblin castle->orc castle->ogre castle->...->big bad villain castle and it would be most terrible gaming experience ever.

You should try playing it, but play it with cool, easygoing, fun people with a mixed group of females and males and a superb storyteller as a DM then it would be amazing, and do not make it all about the monsters conspire against eachother in the group a good DM will give you a lot of possibilities (once we had an elf ranger in the party I hated ,not the guy playing it but the character itself, he had a particular interest in this raven and I ripped the raven's head off while he was sleeping no one could tell what happened, and I managed to kill his wife too, and he did similar stuff to me and there were others doing other stuff it all depends on the DM he needs to make everything believable). Anyway It is like sitting around a bonfire in the beach with friends and listening to a very good story, only better because you are in the story.

Zordrath
2012-03-06, 04:14 PM
I've never played DnD (mainly for lack of fellow players, and being too introverted to go out of my way looking for them), but I am familiar with it thanks to Baldur's Gate, which allowed me to get most of the OOTS rule jokes. I even found this comic thanks to Bioware, who had a "What's your favorite webcomic" poll on their site a few years ago. OOTS was one of the most popular options, so I went to check it out and was hooked instantly :smallbiggrin:

J's
2012-03-06, 05:09 PM
Someone sig this before I scrap mine in an impulse decision I will no doubt regret later.

I would. But as I have never played the game I feel that I would be misrepresenting myself.

Hallavast
2012-03-06, 06:01 PM

I rather have the mirror opposite analogy. D&D is very much like my wife. That said, I fool around on her a lot. She doesn't seem to mind, though, as long as I keep coming back to her. I've had some wild nights with Gurps, various WH40k rpgs, lots of indie rules light games, homebrew systems, other d20. These ladies are all very fun and know how to show you a good time, but I always seem to find my way back to D&D. There's something familiar and comfortable about it that just seems natural. Despite her flaws, I think we were meant to be together.

kickassfrog
2012-03-06, 06:04 PM
I never played D&D, but not by option, where I live, it is near impossible to find people who even KNOW what D&D is, much less find people who want to play it.

I do think it would be fun, I mean, I always think that if something is famous, there is a reason behind it, so I'd like to at least try it before deciding if it is good or not...

This.

[More text in case minimum text level is required]

meep
2012-03-06, 06:11 PM
No, not a D&D player, but I used to play Magic. (Yes, I know it's not similar at all)

I once tried to do a LARP, and ended up getting disinvited from later sessions. That was hilarious.

Thrar
2012-03-06, 08:48 PM

I agree. I played quite a few different RPGs, some of them more, some less.
I did play some D&D, but fairly late in my roleplaying 'career' and found it very much focused on combat tactics, fun but a bit too much for my taste.

I was part of a great Shadowrun party with an amazing DM and played/DM'd a lot of The Dark Eye; both of these emphasize background interaction much more than encounter-based D&D, at least the way we played it.

As others in this thread, I haven't played recently, largely due to location. I've lived in Asia for the past few years and it's much harder to find a group (or players to start one), plus often there are some language issues between players of different native languages and source material language.
Unfortunately, you need to be pretty good with a language to use it for an RPG (even more so as the DM), it's hard to get immersed when you're struggling to find the right words.

pkitty
2012-03-06, 08:59 PM
I play several tabletop RPGs. I roleplay heavily -- typically at least once per week. It's a huge part of my life.

But I don't play D&D. In fact, I can't stand the system -- and that goes for editions 1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, and Pathfinder. It's just a personal thing -- I have nothing bad to say about the people who play it. It's just drastically not for me.

I prefer GURPS, but also enjoy Savage Worlds, World of Darkness, FUDGE/FATE, and several others.

Tycho_Bloodbeard
2012-03-06, 09:00 PM
I enjoy OOTS because I used to play D&D. I rarely played 3.0 or 3.5, and have never seen 4.0.

It was, however, very influential in my life and the subsequent games I learned — V&V and GURPS among them. Today I mostly play the latter system, though that is a thread for elsewhere.

More or less on the same boat, but now a lapsed player myself.

Started with the "pick a path" books when I was 5-6. Continued reading as many of those as I could (some latter ones had dice and PC sheets!) until I was 13. Then I got my hands into the D&D basic boxed set. Madness ensued. Became the DM for a group of junior high school friends - the older sister of one had the older version of the game (with the dice you needed to crayon in to see the number). Very handy, since the boxed set only covered the rules until level 5.

DM'd and played from the age of 13 to 18. Then started playing CoC, and WW games. Pretty much played once every couple of weeks until I was 22 and moved out of the country to study abroad.

It is a nice platform, if a bit complicated. But as mentioned, if you try to have fun you'll be ok. I ran a couple of games with no dice while a friend and I were "manning" a booth in a very slow day in an amusement park.

I loved the 2nd. ed. Ravenloft setting :)

i6uuaq
2012-03-06, 10:45 PM
I think the OP raises an interesting question, and it probably deserves a poll.

Never played any D&D personally, nor any of the derivative computer games. Wouldn't mind trying, but the time commitment is daunting.

Occasional Sage
2012-03-06, 11:33 PM
I started playing in... '83 or so. I'll still play D&D with the right group, but other RPGs interest me more these days. And board games are a better fit with the time I have to play, anymore.

If you're in Sao Paulo, I suspect there's at least one group in your area. Though my friend doesn't (to my knowledge) frequent GitP.

Alysar
2012-03-07, 12:15 AM
I run an online 3.5 game sunday nights. When the campaign is over, I don't think I'll do another.

Personally I prefer GURPS as an actual player.

Surfing HalfOrc
2012-03-07, 12:29 AM

Honestly I don't think I would be that fun to play with.

Well, this is what you started with. If you ask someone what they think of a game with this, it's hard to know where to go from there...

Anyways, tabletop D&D has been around since 1974 (or earlier, in playtest at Gary and Dave's respective tables), and it has never completely gone away. And I think it has stayed because of the social aspect more than anything else. Your 'toon in any MMO might look awesome, but it's the joking and camaraderie of hanging out together, playing a game with friends, sharing chips and soda and whatever that is what makes it fun to play. I play WoW from time to time, tabletop, Play by Post (PbP), and Computer RPGs of all sorts. But I "enjoy" tabletop for many reasons, including having played them when computer games were still text based...

Occasional Sage
2012-03-07, 01:40 AM
Well, this is what you started with. If you ask someone what they think of a game with this, it's hard to know where to go from there...

Anyways, tabletop D&D has been around since 1974 (or earlier, in playtest at Gary and Dave's respective tables), and it has never completely gone away. And I think it has stayed because of the social aspect more than anything else. Your 'toon in any MMO might look awesome, but it's the joking and camaraderie of hanging out together, playing a game with friends, sharing chips and soda and whatever that is what makes it fun to play. I play WoW from time to time, tabletop, Play by Post (PbP), and Computer RPGs of all sorts. But I "enjoy" tabletop for many reasons, including having played them when computer games were still text based...

mmmm Zork....

rrgg
2012-03-07, 02:34 AM

This is where I think you misread, I was making a lighthearted joke at my own expense due to the fact that in real life I tend to be over competative and a rules lawyer. The simulationist in me loves the idea of a tabletop RPG, but also knows that I probably wouldn't be able to go 5 minutes without spouting off some insane opinion about "what would be more realistic."

Anyways, I didn't really start the thread asking peoples' opinions on D&D. The primary purpose was to poll how many here aren't big tabletop gamers (tabletopers?), and postulate why an extensive knowledge of D&D isn't that necessary for enjoying a comic about D&D.

Dungeonstone
2012-03-07, 02:58 AM
I started off back in 1980 with the AD&D hardback books and subsequent to that I have run some version of 2nd edition D&D for nearly two decades now.

Currently this takes the form of a Hackmaster game (2nd edition as modified by Kenzer and Co.) which has been running the same campaign for the past eight years.

I've dabbled a bit with 3.0/3.5 but never managed to get too deeply into it.

Haven't touched 4.0 at all.

Lvl45DM!
2012-03-07, 03:58 AM
Just wanted to say, if you don't play D&D. You should. It's awesome :D

Surfing HalfOrc
2012-03-07, 05:19 AM
This is where I think you misread, I was making a lighthearted joke at my own expense due to the fact that in real life I tend to be over competative and a rules lawyer. The simulationist in me loves the idea of a tabletop RPG, but also knows that I probably wouldn't be able to go 5 minutes without spouting off some insane opinion about "what would be more realistic."

Anyways, I didn't really start the thread asking peoples' opinions on D&D. The primary purpose was to poll how many here aren't big tabletop gamers (tabletopers?), and postulate why an extensive knowledge of D&D isn't that necessary for enjoying a comic about D&D.

Oh, you don't need to know the rules of D&D to enjoy a LOT of D&D based comics! It's the STORY that counts, it's just that Rich is using D&D as a background to the story.

I read a book on writing fantasy, and the author said with magic, you had to have rules. Powers, and limits. If the wizard could just wave his hand and everything just happened the way the wizard wanted it to happen, it would make for a very boring story. So Rich gets to write that story, and use a set of rules that limit the wizards. And, if you are really interested in them, you can look them up, or you can just enjoy the story knowing that there are limits to the characters. Even the ones with magic.

Guran
2012-03-07, 05:29 AM
I've been reading OOTS for a pretty long time. (5 years or so?) But didn't role into DnD until recently. Not because OOTS made me curious about D&D, but because I kinda stumbled upon a party. Reading OOTs all those years definetly made starting with D&D easier for me.

Bleak Ink
2012-03-07, 11:22 AM
I'd like to play D&D proper, but strictly speaking I've only dabbled in DDO once or twice.

Sutremaine
2012-03-07, 01:05 PM
So Rich gets to write that story, and use a set of rules that limit the wizards.
I wonder how the story would have gone had Teleport not changed schools between 3.0 and 3.5?

(For the non-D&D players, Teleport used to be in one of the groups of spells that Vaarsuvius could cast spells from. Now it's in one of the groups she gave up so she could make stuff go boom better.)

Whiffet
2012-03-07, 01:38 PM
I wonder how the story would have gone had Teleport not changed schools between 3.0 and 3.5?

(For the non-D&D players, Teleport used to be in one of the groups of spells that Vaarsuvius could cast spells from. Now it's in one of the groups she gave up so she could make stuff go boom better.)

Then "V is banned from Conjuration" wouldn't be the excuse used to keep Teleport from being an option. :smalltongue:

veti
2012-03-07, 02:24 PM

Yeah... This highlights one of the big things about playing tabletop D&D: it involves other people. There are groups where your style of play would go down just fine, but I (probably) wouldn't be in them. Unless you're happy to be overruled on a regular basis.

By the way, 'rules lawyering' (as commonly used) doesn't mean taking issue with the rules - quite the reverse, a rules lawyer will usually insist that the rules as written should be followed at all costs and "realism" can go cry in the corner.

Bengui
2012-03-10, 10:38 AM

Rich would have found another excuse to prevent V from casting it. He made it crystal clear several times that he doesn't let the rules get in the way of his story.

Juggling Goth
2012-03-10, 10:54 AM
I've never played any tabletop RPG. I knew enough of the basic concepts from playing NetHack to enjoy the comic. I'm playing Neverwinter Nights at the moment though.

stsasser
2012-03-10, 11:05 AM
Everything I know about DnD, I learned here, in OoTS or Erfworld.

Am I about to be shunned?