PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Revised Edition Combat Question

HMS Invincible
2012-03-05, 06:59 PM
My group were doing an encounter and they wanted to take someone alive. So they set their blaster pistol to stun, and went to town.
The problem was we didn't know what it meant. The only thing we can tell is that stun only works within 4 meters.
Some quick questions:
1. Does a pistol work on stun setting past 4 meters?
1a. Does it only deal damage, or just stun?
2. Does a pistol deal both stun and damage at close (2 meters) range?

In addition, is there any armor that doesn't impart armor check penalties? Or something with higher max dex?

utherphoenyx
2012-03-08, 10:18 AM
if memory serves me right you can't shoot farther than 4m for stun setting and any distance less doesn't change anything also your armor question what armors are you currently using second in revised core armor only helped to protect wound damage and for stun your best results imo if you have access to a mastercraft +3 A280 combat rifle its bigger than an E-11 but it will do 3d8+6 and = damage as its stun setting with like a DC 16 stun

HMS Invincible
2012-03-29, 10:31 AM
I'm using the core book plus the arms and equipment guide. Does armor provide ac bonus and dr? I know it gives dr.

Beleriphon
2012-03-29, 10:40 AM
I'm using the core book plus the arms and equipment guide. Does armor provide ac bonus and dr? I know it gives dr.

Nope. I can't think of any Revised armour that provides AC. As far as I can recall they only provided DR, since that's "realistic".