PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 pre gen faerun campaigns

Ryulin18
2012-03-05, 07:24 PM
What exists?

The only pre gen campaign I have played/runned was expedition to caste greyhawk which went well and fit the difficulty.

Are there any faerun campaigns that are pre made?

nyjastul69
2012-03-05, 08:49 PM
Expedition to Undermountain is set in the Forgotten Realms. It's underneath the city of Waterdeep. Expedition to Castle Ravenloft can be fit into most standard settings as well. The Adventure Path series by Paizo can also be fit into most settings.

Bonzai
2012-03-05, 11:07 PM
The most infamous one is City of the Spider Queen, which can be a real meat grinder. Other's off the top of my head are;

Sons of Gruumsh
The Twilight Tomb
Expedition to Undermountain
Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land
Anauroch: The Empire of Shade

I have some experience with all but Son's of Gruumush.

Ryulin18
2012-03-08, 08:44 PM
Wow, that was a good 3 hours of scouring the internet for them (to buy them....:smalleek:)

Can't wait to get my read on!

Edit: My pocket hurts

nyjastul69
2012-03-08, 09:51 PM
I forgot to mention Expedition to the Demonweb Pits. This would also work in most settings. :smalleek: It seems you have plenty to work with already however. I'm curious though, which ones did you buy? I've DM'd some of the ones mentioned.

Ryulin18
2012-03-08, 11:18 PM
I'm curious though, which ones did you buy?

Baught
Sons of Gruumsh
The Twilight Tomb

Could only find download - will buy at first opportunity
City of the Spider Queen

Yeah, now I got a lot to read...:smalleek:

Kol Korran
2012-03-09, 01:14 PM

I know of these 3. they are in fact continuous. i've played through the first and about 2/3- 3/4 of the second before the DM burned out.

the things is... they are quite railroady. the first one in particular doesn't leave much room to move, but it's fun in a traditional way. it involves the shadow plane which could be made quite interesting i believe. i'd forgo the undead lizard folk dungeon. quite unnecessary and boring i think.

the second one has TONS of place to improvise, but the adventure as written tries to railroad the hell out of the party. i suggest to know the setting well, very well, and then let the PCs do their thing. it has some sweet spots.

i don't know anything about the last, but it's in one of the realms most epic locations, so good luck!

Bonzai
2012-03-09, 05:45 PM
I know of these 3. they are in fact continuous. i've played through the first and about 2/3- 3/4 of the second before the DM burned out.

the things is... they are quite railroady. the first one in particular doesn't leave much room to move, but it's fun in a traditional way. it involves the shadow plane which could be made quite interesting i believe. i'd forgo the undead lizard folk dungeon. quite unnecessary and boring i think.

the second one has TONS of place to improvise, but the adventure as written tries to railroad the hell out of the party. i suggest to know the setting well, very well, and then let the PCs do their thing. it has some sweet spots.

i don't know anything about the last, but it's in one of the realms most epic locations, so good luck!

We are over halfway through the third one right now. Started with the Twighlight Tomb, and then jumped on the trillogy. Yeah... there is some iffy stuff in some of these mods. However, it's what the DM is running and we are slogging through. I belive my Truenamer is now convinced that he will have no peace until Shar and all of her worshippers are dead.

nyjastul69
2012-03-10, 12:52 AM
Baught
Sons of Gruumsh
The Twilight Tomb

Could only find download - will buy at first opportunity
City of the Spider Queen

Yeah, now I got a lot to read...:smalleek:

Yes you do. :smallcool: Good luck with the one/s you choose to use.