PDA

View Full Version : Reworked cleric prestige!

B33rm4n
2012-03-06, 12:32 AM
I wanted to build a cleric focused on Time based spells and abilities. I took Chronepsis from Draconomicon as my diety and picked up the Time and Planning
Domains. I'm planning on going into ordained champion in the future but i've decided to jump into something else first. The Bone Knight (Five nations) caught my eye immediately, but didn't quite fit the flavor of the character i was building, so i reworked some of the abilities.

Requirements: in order to become a Time knight, a character must posess these features.
Must worship Chronepsis as your patron diety and gain access to the Time Domain.
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Skills: Craft Armorsmithing 6 ranks, Knowledge(religion) 4 ranks, Ride 6 ranks.
Special: the ability to turn undead
special: the ability to cast 1st lvl divine spells

Clockwork Armor: At first level, you learn to make and wear the ageless Clockwork armor,
you can produce a suit of medium or heavy clockwork armor, this armor has the same cost and time to create as normal armor of that type.
it is possible to spend additional time to produce spiked or masterwork clockwork armor. Only a character with this ability can wear
clockwork armor.
The armor grants the user a very small glance into their immediate future, granting a +4 bonus on sense motive checks, and +1 AC if the armor
is medium, or +2 ac if the armor is heavy.
Clockwork armor protects it's user from time based abilities as the user see's fit, granting immunities to spells like Slow and Time stop(if cast
by an opponent, spells cast by the Time Knight are not subject to this ability.)

Turn Undead: Time knights simply abhor undead, no creature should cheat the fate that time has set forth for them, improving his ability to turn
Undead as a cleric of your time knight level. if you already have the ability to turn undead, add your time knight level to your previous
effective cleric level for turning undead now. You can no longer Rebuke undead when you gain this ability.

Spells: Beginning at 2nd level you gain new spells per day and increase in caster level (and spells known if applicable.) to a level in a divine
spellcasting class to whcih you belonged to before adding the prestige class level. you do not, however gain any other benefit a character of
that class would have gained. if you had more than one divine spellcasting class before becoming a Time Knight, you must decide which class to
to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.

Distortion: At 2nd level, you gain the ability to lock away a creature forward in time, effectively locking them one round in the future.
The target makes a will save, (as if you had cast a divine spell) if they fail they disappear from existance for one round. The creature is
unaware of this change completely, and acts as it would the moment the effects wear off, any spells or effects lingering on the subject also
freeze in time, continuing with their remaining duration when the effects of Distortion ends. At 4th level this ability can lock an opponent 2 rounds
and at 9th level 3 rounds into the future, at the Time Knights whim.

Summon Warhorse: At 2nd level, you're dovotion to the ideals of Chronepsis earn you the services of a Mighty steed. Treat the mount as
a heavy warhorse, This mount gains the same special abilities as the paladins mount does progressively, if you had paladin levels before you
became a time knight, you may add those levels to your time knight levels to determine the Powers of your warhorse.

Dragontouched: At 3rd level you grant any allies within 60 feet of you a bonus on their saving throws against spells from the necromancy school
equal to your charisma modifier (if any.)

Improved Clockwork Armor: at 4th, 7th,, and 10th, levels the armor class bonus you recieve through the use of your clockwork armor increases
by 1. At 4th level, your Clockwork armor grants you immunity to stunning attacks and nonlethal damage.
At 7th level, your Clockwork armor has a 50% chance to negate any critical hit or sneak attack made against you. in addition, the Clockwork armor
allows you to act and fight without penalty even while disabled or dying.
At 10th level, your Clockwork armor grants you immunity to extra damage from critical hits and sneak attacks, and the armor itself is immune
to sundering and spells that would otherwise destroy it (ie Rusting grasp)

Timewrought: At 5th level, you can use the spell Slow as a spell like ability twice per day.

Clockwork Weapon: At 6th level, if you have at least 6 ranks in craft (weaponsmithing), you can craft weapons with timeless metal granted to you.
the clockwork weapon has the same cost and time to create as a normal weapon of that type. It is possible to spend additional time and money
to produce a masterwork clockwork weapon (which may then be further enhanced through magic). In the hands of a Time Knight of 6th level or higher
it deals an additional 1d6 points of damage to living creatures, and 1d8 points of additional damage to undead.

Timelessness: At 8th level, you stop aging and are immune to effects that would cause you to age. Chronepsis grants his clerics the time
to carry out his will, granting them immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, death effects, fatigue, exhaustion, ability damage, energy
drain, and death from massive damage.

End time: At 9th level once per day, you may use a Clockwork weapon to strike down a living or undead foe. you must decide
to use this ability before the attack roll is made. if the attack succeeds, the target must succeed on a fortitude save
(DC 10+ your Time knight level + your cha modifier) or age to the point of their death
(or decay, in the sense of undead) this is a transmutation Death effect.

It's incredibly similar, but i wanted to know if anyone thought anything was too way over the top i may change the undead traits, but i wanted a general opinion first.