PDA

View Full Version : [Eikan]Collective - IC

Sen isSaqqara
2012-03-06, 01:03 PM
Later that night, you each find yourselves in the bar of the tavern. The lights are somewhat dim, and a circle of chairs has been pulled up. Sitting in the chairs are a mixture of kith and humans, generally older. Kavin and Rassi are both sitting in their favorite chairs, Xain standing behind them. Four chairs have been added to the circle for you to sit in. One chair stands empty at the far side of the circle.
Kavin stands up, calling the meeting to order. "I've called you here, " he begins, "because Javin is dead. We found him out front earlier tonight, a large wound in his neck." There is some muttering and exclamations from among the crowd. One kith speaks up.
"You told us someone saw what killed him." he says to Kavin.
In reply, Kavin gestures towards Phiala. "Why don't you tell what you saw first?"

WindStruck
2012-03-07, 07:18 AM
Phiala uncomfortably shifts in her chair. "I... guess you could say that I saw it. But I have no idea what I saw." She meekly eyed the other members, expecting them to be disappointed by the slight overstatement. "What I did see wasn't much. Whatever it was, it was way up on the roof. About Human size, I think. It seemed to have some sort of face... looking down on me. And then when I saw it, it leaped off into the sky or something and disappeared just like that."

Sen isSaqqara
2012-03-07, 08:26 AM
A kind looking old man sitting a ways to your left speaks up. "Why don't you start from the beginning, tell us what happened. What you saw."

WindStruck
2012-03-07, 02:18 PM
"Well, first there was all that noise -- an explosion and then a thud outside the door. We opened the door and found Javin's body there on the ground... I take it that sound was him falling. I didn't see anything else nearby, but there was that monster on the roof. Also, there was this weird, magic... thing left on the roof. Kavin and I went up to take a look at it. It's like the wood came alive and turned into tentacles." :smalleek:

Phiala continues wearily, "It's really hard to describe... but that's it. That's all I know... I feel like we know nothing..." :smallsigh:

Sen isSaqqara
2012-03-28, 09:39 PM
The old man nods his head slowly. "Still, at least we know something. Does anyone else have anything to add?"

Egneil
2012-03-29, 01:06 PM
Prothius cleared his throat to gather the groups attention, "I must concur with the lady's assessment. We know nothing about the attacker, but I do have some theories," Shaking his head he puts his hand under his chin in thought, "However, all of them seem unlikely."

Sen isSaqqara
2012-03-29, 01:36 PM
Another elder nods agreement. He opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted by a knock at the door. After a second, one of the younger members of the council, a kith with gold-brown hair, gets up from his seat near the entrance and moves to open the door. From where you are sitting, none of you can see him. You hear the door opening, and a second of silence. Someone who can see screams, then the kith runs back through the room, straight out the back door.

Egneil
2012-03-30, 02:22 PM
Hearing the scream Prothius immediately started moving to the door, pulling out and loading his crossbow as he went.

WindStruck
2012-03-30, 02:32 PM
The scream startles Phiala, and she abruptly jerks forward in her chair. Wide-eyed, she gets up and moves sideways to get a better look down the hallway, keeping her distance from it.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-03-30, 05:35 PM
Standing in the open doorway is a familiar form: Javin. His head is on a bit of a tilt from his body where the neck wound opens it, and his eyes are flickering with red fire. His right arm seems to have been transformed, it hangs larger than normal and covered in thick fur, ending with a heavy paw with four long curving claws. It hisses at you, and starts lumbering slowly towards you. As he moves forward, you notice the torchlight glinting off of a rather long, spike-like crystal about 3cm in diameter protruding a few centimeters from his chest.
I'll put a map up momentarily. Perhaps rolls for initiative?

EDIT:http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/dreamingmage/InneshInn.png
Javin's body just entered via the front door. You are all in the main common room, seated at chairs facing in a circle, unless otherwise specified.

WindStruck
2012-03-31, 07:57 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]

Egneil
2012-03-31, 09:10 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Egneil
2012-04-02, 06:55 PM
Startled at the moving corpse of the old town watch, Prothius took a moment to think about what could cause it. Finding no answers in his memories, he decides to stay away and watch.

----
Sorry about the double post, but I wanted to get this combat started.
Readied action to move closer to the fireplace if Javin's corpse moves within 10 of Prothius.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-02, 07:16 PM
OK, not waiting for initiative any longer. Anyone who hasn't rolled can go at the end.

Rassi jumps from his seat, moving towards the corpse. "Hey Javin, is that you?" he asks, in a loud voice. The corpse turns it's head towards him, and takes a swipe at him with the clawed right hand. He dodges backwards just in time to avoid being hit. "Guess not. Well, then, come get me!" He continues to dodge its grasp, ducking behind it and keeping its attention on him.

Behind your seats, Kavin approaches you slowly. He whispers: "Rassi'll lead it outside, away from the council. You follow, show them your skills as the new town watch!"

WindStruck
2012-04-03, 06:10 AM
Phiala nods to Kavin. She grabs the first useful thing she can think of at the moment: a chair. Maybe it can be used as a shield or a distraction... maybe even to hit whatever that monster is that Javin became. Phialla doesn't really know what she's doing, but she'll be damned if someone else dies tonight. She begins following Rassi and "unJavin" outside.

Egneil
2012-04-03, 02:00 PM
Seeing Rassi engage the creature, Prothius follows them outside. Staying back he keeps an eye on the council. Aiming his crossbow he notices the girl from earlier hauling a chair. With an exasperated sigh he pulls of his bolt case and yells at her, "Drop that chair girl, you'll do better with my crossbow."

----
Prothius well stay within 35 feet of the melee. If he can't stay there with one move then he'll take a double move action. Also he'll offer his crossbow and 30 bolts to Phiala if she wants to take them.

WindStruck
2012-04-03, 04:11 PM
With a blush realizing how silly she must have looked, Phiala replies, "I'll gladly take it! But what do you plan on doing?" She sets the chair back down on the floor.

Egneil
2012-04-04, 10:24 AM
Smiling at the girl Prothius responds, "Well little missy, I don't have any magic but I have my ways to help."

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-04, 10:31 AM
The body continues to advance with slow but steady strides, taking swings at Rassi every few steps. He backs out the side door, into the stableyard outside. It is a large open area, about 40ft by 40ft with a hard-packed dirt floor. Just as he passes out of sight, he misses a step and takes a rather wicked backhand to the torso. He just barely manages to get his arms up in time to partially block it, but he still gets sent flying backwards.

Egneil
2012-04-05, 09:10 PM
Letting out a small cough to clear his throat Prothius said, "I'll tell you the details later. Right now though, A performance.

With a finger in the air he begins to speak as clear as a moonless night. The words seemed to describe the scene around them, but they belonged to a story that he said that evening.

----
Using inspire courage on both Rassi and Phiala, it won't affect Phiala unless she delays. I'm not good enough to try and write what he'd say.

WindStruck
2012-04-06, 09:03 PM
Phiala quickly gets the crossbow and a few bolts before madly dashing after Rassi and Javin. She notices him oddly reciting something...

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-08, 09:49 PM
Emerging from the Inn, you see the the corpse continuing its slow, sure pace towards Rassi. He is sprawled on the ground near the stables, and looks as if he is unsuccessfully trying to get up.

WindStruck
2012-04-10, 04:07 PM
"Rassi!!" Phiala shouts.

She charges at the deformed body of Javin in an attempt to knock it over or push it away from Rassi.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Strength Check Roll: [roll1] (a bull rush gets +2)

Egneil
2012-04-10, 11:02 PM
Letting out a sigh, Prothius stops reciting his story. Shaking his head he knows it wouldn't help matters if he just stood there reciting stories. Following the girl into battle he yells, "Hey, little missy. Try to grab hold of it, I'll assist," Knowing his weaknesses he decides that it would be best to support the others.

-----
I don't quite know the current initiative order, so I'll assume that I'm still after Phiala.
Prothius will move to the far side of Jassi's corpse for flanking, as a move action. Then as a standard action he will use aid another to give her a bonus on her next attack roll.

Attack roll- aid another(bonus to attack roll):[roll0] (+2 if Phiala can flank with Prothius)

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-10, 11:35 PM
Phiala hits the corpse, knocking it towards the front gate. It staggers, but keeps on its feet, turning to face her. As it starts lumbering towards her, Prothius manages to move up behind it and distract it, giving Phiala an opening.

WindStruck
2012-04-11, 06:32 AM
The adrenaline from rushing to save Rassi has passed. Now Phiala is face to face with this... thing. But the familiarity of Javin's face still haunts her, and she's quite a bit intimidated by its morphed form. Luckily Prothius arrives and distracts it. Remembering what he said, she tosses the crossbow and bolts a bit to the side and attempts to hold the monster securely.

She will try to do this fighting defensively. (-4 hit, +2 AC)
Phiala will have a net attack bonus of -1 and AC of 15.
First unJavin gets an attack of opportunity, but if he misses:
Touch attack: [roll0]
1st grapple check: [roll1] (+1 normally, but not sure if defensive fighting or aid another still apply)

Egneil
2012-04-11, 08:24 PM
Continuing his original plan Prothius says, "It looks like the crystal is what's controlling him. If you can pin him down we can extract the crystal without breaking it," Looking away for a moment he turns back to the girl, "If you can't pin him, then break it."

----
Standard action will be to aid another to Phiala's next attack.

Attack roll- aid another (attack roll):[roll0] (+2 if Phiala's flanking)

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-11, 09:42 PM
As you hit the body, you hear a sharp crack. It stumbles, but manages to right itself and lashes out at you.

Attack: [roll0]

WindStruck
2012-04-12, 04:46 PM
"Well I hope this isn't infectious." :smalleek:

Phiala tries the same thing as last round...

15 AC
Touch attack: [roll0]
Grapple check: [roll1] +?

Egneil
2012-04-13, 08:28 AM
"I doubt that you'll become one of these even if it's infectious," Prothius said in reply, "Now stop trying to keep it away from you, that's my job here."

-----
You might want to stop fighting defensively, I can provide the same bonus without a drop in your attack roll. EDIT: Unless I happen to roll a natural one.
Standard action to aid another with Phiala, this time for an AC bonus instead of attack.

Attack- aid another(bonus to Phiala's AC):[roll0] (I'm still unsure if Phiala's providing a flanking bonus.)

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-13, 01:09 PM
The swaying body manages to dodge your punches, at least part by dumb luck. It seems somewhat disoriented, it still tries to strike back.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage (if it hits): [roll1]

WindStruck
2012-04-13, 07:56 PM
"I doubt you'd feel the same if it was after you." :smallmad:
Phiala tries once again to grab hold of this monster.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Grapple check: [roll1]

BTW: since when did aid another cause damage?? This is relating to the question I've sent to dreaming mage. I haven't seen anyone actually trying to HIT the zombie thing.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-13, 11:08 PM
Sorry, I should really be more specific as to who I am addressing. For reference, Prothius was the one who hit the thing, and it was him who the corpse attacked.

Prothius: The transformed arm cuts into you, leaving a deep cut on your upper arm.

Phiala: You successfully get hold of the corpse.

Egneil
2012-04-14, 12:16 AM
Well I'll post and end the current round. The next five rounds should be fun though.

Grasping his arm as blood gushes out, Prothius finds himself unable to move. Before falling to his knees he says, "The crystal... focus on the crystal," Hitting the ground hard on his knees, the rest of his words were obscured as he started to lose consciousness, "I've helped... as much as... I could."

As he collapses on the ground the rest of his senses shut off as his weak body tries desperately to survive.

----
I hope no one minds me taking the liberty of describing how he blacks out. I don't get to do a lot of KO scenes.
Currently though I'm at -5 HP so I have five turns to stabilize. Although I'm rather attached to this character, so I wouldn't mind waiting to have him raised.

WindStruck
2012-04-14, 02:50 AM
"Rassi! Can you hear me?"

Phiala attempts to pull out the crystal protruding from the corpse's body once.

I think this might count as "drawing a weapon" or using another's weapon. But I guess I'll keep the crystal since the zombie thing isn't actually holding it in its hands...

Grapple check: 1d20+1

WindStruck
2012-04-14, 04:12 AM
Sorry, dice roller wasn't working when I changed what I did and added in a roll AFTER the edit...

Grapple check: [roll0]

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-14, 09:56 AM
Phiala: The body struggles under your grasp, trying to turn around and face you.
Opposed grapple check to try and stop you from pulling the crystal out: [roll0]
It manages to keep our arms from finding the crystal. It seems to be growing weaker and more unsteady on its own, though, and it does not make an active attempt to break your hold.

From the corner of your eye, you notice Kavin running out of the inn. He dashes out towards you, veers to avoid the corpse, and grabs Prothius by the shoulders, dragging him a few feet away from the combat. He stops for a second to examine him, then runs back into the inn.

WindStruck
2012-04-14, 01:44 PM
Phiala tries it again because... well, it's going to take some effort to get away from the monster anyway. And she had better keep it occupied in case anyone else wants to come out and help the wounded.

Phiala yells towards the inn: "I'll keep it occupied as long as I can if you are going to help them!"

Grapple check: [roll0]

LOL, and i forgot something else too. I had completely forgot about factoring Dodge into AC as well... so, from now on, let's just say of course she'd also be focusing on this monster to dodge, bringing normal AC up to 14...

Egneil
2012-04-14, 11:42 PM
Blood pours from the wound in Prothius' arm as he was moved. It continues unabated bringing him that much closer to death.

----
I'll keep describing my death scene if that's okay
Current HP:-6
Stability roll:[roll0]

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-16, 12:43 PM
The corpse still attempts to break your hold, though with less strength with each passing second.

To try to break the grapple: [roll0]

Meanwhile, Kavin hurries back out of the inn. He has a red box in one hand, and a long strip of white cloth in the other. He kneels down by Prothius, and starts to tie the cloth around the wounded arm. He pulls a wad of cotton from the box, but then replaces it and put the cloth aside. He pulls a small bottle from the box, uncorks it, and pours it across the wound.

Healing for [roll1] HP

WindStruck
2012-04-16, 03:54 PM
"Good thinking, Kavin!" Phiala says. "I think this thing... is getting weaker." There's a hint of being winded in her breath as she tries to pull out the crystal once more.

Grapple Check: [roll0]

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-16, 04:35 PM
It continues to struggle, trying to keep the crystal from your reach.
Resist the attempt to pull the crystal out: [roll0]
It is to slow, however, and you get a grasp on the spike, pulling it out. The corpse stagger a few steps, and collapses. The crystal pulses gently with light in your hand, highlighting a series of cracks near the base.

Egneil
2012-04-16, 04:36 PM
As his senses return, Prothius shakes his head as he sits up. Still groggy from his experience he takes a moment to collect his thoughts. Remembering the fight he stands up and says, "Do you still need any help?"

----
I'm back in the positives so I'll take a move action to stand. I take it Kavin used a potion?

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-16, 04:39 PM
Kavin leans over you. "Might want to stay still for a bit. I have another mix back in the inn, and you're still injured."

WindStruck
2012-04-16, 05:09 PM
Phiala sighs with relief. "It seems our friend here was right about this crystal... I wonder what it could be? And could it be dangerous?" :smallconfused:

She gathers up the crossbow and bolts again and places the crystal on top of it, not wanting to touch it directly. Then she says, "Oh, and Rassi ...!" She can't seem to finish the sentence.

----

My character is curious, as am I.. where has he been? Not knocked out is he? She's currently looking around, maybe you could give some info. :smalltongue:

Egneil
2012-04-16, 11:26 PM
Letting out a sigh of relief at the corpse's fall, Prothius slumps to the ground. Looking at Kavin he says, "I'm fine. I'm fine, don't worry about me," With a smile on his face he started to laugh and said jokingly, "I've been in worse bar brawls than this. Although I'll take what you're offering."

Calling the girl forward Prothius says to her, "If you're done with my crossbow now, would you be a dear and unload it before handing it back please?" Taking on a more serious tone he says to no one in particular, "Would anyone mind if I took a look at that crystal? I might be able to get an answer or two from it."

Sen isSaqqara
2012-04-16, 11:55 PM
Rassi, still slumped over against the stable wall, starts trying to pull himself up. He's swaying back and forth a bit. "Hey Kavin, have any of that stuff left for me?" he calls.
"Sure," replies Kavin. "not much, though, so try not to get hurt next time." He turns to Prothius. "You may as well take it, but let's let the council inside take a quick look at it first. They might know something about it."

WindStruck
2012-04-17, 02:31 AM
Phiala nods to Prothius at first. Upon hearing the suggestion regarding the council, however, she changes her mind.

"Maybe I'll just bring everything to your seat. Don't worry yourself with the crossbow for now." :smallwink:

Phiala waits a while for everyone and figures out how to unload the crossbow in the meantime. A thought creeps into her head.

"Hey guys... someone put this crystal in Javin's body, right? But how did they find him? Do you think I was being watched? Maybe we're still being watched right now!"

Egneil
2012-04-17, 10:39 PM
After a moment Prothius stands up with a grunt, "Thanks," He said to the girl, "As for being watched... It's possible but I doubt it. Too much risk of being seen, and if you can reduce that risk, then it would probably be easier to put something on his body that you can track," As he started to pace he continues his train of thought, "Of course it would be easier still to simply to keep an eye on the inn. So that would make your being watched more likely, so we're back to square one."

Stopping, Prothius looks at Javin's corpse for a moment. Looking at the others he says, "I have an idea to learn more but I'd need to use Javin's corpse to test it. I won't act without the council's permission, although I'd like to keep an eye on his corpse to see if the magic causes other changes."

----
Craft (Alchemy)- to see if there are ways to check of Lycanthropy and other forms of magic: [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana)- to see what spells/effects could cause the mutated arm:[roll1]
Bardic Knowledge- for anything notable about the other knowledge skills:[roll2]

WindStruck
2012-04-19, 09:16 PM
With a worried look, Phiala says, "Well whatever you do, I think we'd better make sure everyone gets back inside together. And hopefully Javin's body stays put this time."

------

Not much else for her to do IMO, but she'll wait for everyone to get in safely before going in herself.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-05-23, 11:49 PM
Alright, who's still here? Anyone who is, ready to go back to the IC threads?