PDA

View Full Version : Star Thugs

sonofzeal
2012-03-07, 05:39 AM
You Might Be a Snarfhocker If:
1. You ask what a snarfhocker is.

2. Anything is ever "Off the scale."

3. You wonder why people laugh every time you say the word "Tachyon."

4. You think Star Trek is a drama and not a comedy.

5. You think "Shields" are ephemeral energy fields that can stop anything you want, including bad language.

6. You think that "In space, no one can hear you scream." (Look at your copilot and tell me you think that the fact that sound doesn't travel through space means he won't still turn around and tell your whiny posterior
to shut up.)

7. You think that "alien crossdressers" are a joke. (We only wish.)

8. You think you're clever for saying it's impossible to hack an alien operating system with a Macintosh.

9. The first words out of your mouth when meeting an unknown member of an alien race are "We come in peace" or "Take us to your leader." Or worse, you expect them to say that.

10. You think that, just because laser technology exists, a conventional firearm is no longer capable of putting a hole in someone's brain.

11. You think that when an energy weapon misses, it puts a cute little scorchmark somewhere like a good boy and doesn't punch through the wall and fugg up your bathroom.

12. You think that a "Photon Gun" is more powerful than a laser, and that a "Phased Particle Cannon" is more powerful than a plasma gun.

I have never heard anyone mention this obscure, out-of-print RPG (http://web.archive.org/web/20070210191920/http://www.ghazporkindustrial.com/?P=StarThugs), but I've been a fan of the Maggott Show for a while and a friend of mine has the book but has never managed to put a game together. But the few reviews I can find don't really give me a sense of what gameplay is like, and the most recent of them is seven years old.

Has anyone else heard of it? Has anyone played it? Is anyone interested in it? Or have the Narxblosh won?

Artanis
2012-03-09, 06:47 AM
I have heard of it, and in fact used to know the guy who made it. If you can put a game together, I might be interested indeed.