PDA

View Full Version : help with finding themed pics

Kol Korran
2012-03-07, 10:15 AM
an odd request. a bit of a longshot, but worth a shot non the less...

i've looked through Google, i've looked through Deviat art but my incompetence at computers extend here as well i guess.

ok, enough self pity. :smalltongue: i'm working on a new campaign for my group which features two races for which i find it hard to find suitable pictures.

1) the first race is made of constructs, similar to warforged in look perhaps, but that's it. they are highly creative to the point of artistic, make capable almost intuitive artificers, but are quite aloof finding it hard to talk to the fleshy races.

so yeah, some similarities to waforged, only i visualize them as less "warrior" and more "fey/ elfish" in the way they look. and they need to fit in a fantasy setting. any one knows of such pictures?

they are to be called "The Vizikian" which means creativity and everything connected (creator, created, creations, and the like) in the same word.

i found a few nearly acceptable pics, but i'd like to hear other suggestions if you may

2) a race of merchant princes cat folk. cat may be too strong of a word, i'm more looking for feline, various species of felines preferred (i know about the race/ species argument, please lets not go there).

i'm looking for the feel of luxurious comfort, but concealed deadliness if possible (or cats in a word), if possible with arabain tales touches (as their culture stems from that culture)

i've tried look for "cat people" , "cat person", "rakshasa" and the like but with quite poor results.

can anyone help? :smalleek:it will help a lot. thanks!

(search word: piratewitch)

SilverLeaf167
2012-03-07, 10:28 AM
What exactly is so special about these catfolk that the usual pictures don't cut it?
I can find a couple options with just a quick Google search though, but it's hard to tell what exactly you're looking for...
http://www.primordiax.com/img/races/catfolkf.jpg
http://www.primordiax.com/img/races/catfolk.jpg
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/155714/CATFOLK.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UvNmjhRKkZ4/SbBZj65N8pI/AAAAAAAAAKY/B4-qgGRMu20/s400/Catfolk.jpg

The first two are more "noble" or "caster"-like, and the other two look like rogues, but I think they're all quite nice and have a somewhat oriental feel to them.

EDIT: Also, what's up with that "searchword" on all of your posts? If it's supposed to help you find the threads, you could just search your name or something anyway.

Kol Korran
2012-03-07, 12:27 PM
thanks SilverLeaf167.

the first two pics i found as well, and might indeed be useful, though not exactly what i thought. i am hoping to find something more suitable. i would like to avoid the rogue/ assassin type of pics for these cat people. they are more... "noble like". sure, assassins may have a place, but not in the pics i first present to the party.

as to the search word- it is used to search threads about a specific subject. there are about 3 subjects, each with their search words. i prefer not to use my name since then it brings up threads from past subjects, or post in threads i did not create and have nothing to do with this project. it's just a very quick sorter.

it doesn't harm anyone, i don't see the harm in it.

Vendle
2012-03-07, 12:41 PM
The cat race of the Elder Scrolls series of computer games (the Kajiit?) might be helpful for an image search. The most recent game in the series being Skyrim.

Also, older editions of D&D sometimes used "clockwork" as the term for intelligent construct. I hope both of these turn up some useful search results for you.

TrueMikeBrown
2012-03-07, 04:23 PM
Perhaps you should look at the emirates of hacan from the twilight imperium universe? They have the Arabian feel - the unfortunate thing is that they are all lion based (as far as I know)

JonRG
2012-03-07, 05:01 PM
A request to the Dungeons & Dreamboats thread can go pretty far in finding awesome pictures.

You could always whitetext your searchwords if you want the functionality without the regular " WTF?"

TheJayde
2012-03-07, 05:33 PM
You might try looking up pictures of Orianna from League of Legends for the warforgedish race.