PDA

View Full Version : Bull Rushing: Special Options?

Flickerdart
2012-03-07, 11:48 AM
For a while I've been toying with the idea of a hulking Scout that uses his enormous size to push enemies around, getting his 10ft Skirmish requirement from bull rushes. However, by the description (You can make a bull rush as a standard action (an attack) or as part of a charge) it's not really clear if the bull rush can be initiated as an attack action or not. There are options that can help you get around that, such as Knockback, but all of them seem to have the same clause: you do not move with the target.

Is there any way to make a bull rush as an attack action or part of an attack action, and still retain the ability to move with your target?

Cog
2012-03-07, 12:01 PM
I know of one, but you're probably not going to like it. The third-level ability of the Master of the Unseen Hand lets you do it when using telekinesis for combat maneuvers. Not only does it require you to use TK, but the wording suggests that the author might not have been aware that bull rushing normally isn't an attack action.

teslas
2012-03-08, 04:10 PM
Before I weigh in here, would you mind telling me where you even found the that you can make a Bull Rush attempt as an attack action without any kind of aid from some feat or magical item? Going off of the SRD, you can only do it in conjunction with/substitution of a charge (Full-Round) or as an independent Standard action.

Flickerdart
2012-03-08, 08:23 PM
Knockback (RoS) and Brutal Surge weapons (MIC) both allow you to initiate a bull rush after a successful attack.
Oh, you said without. The whole "an attack" bit is what makes it a semi-plausible interpretation, but it's probably just an editing mistake.

teslas
2012-03-08, 08:47 PM
Yeah, whatever you're reading, it's assuredly unintentional.