PDA

View Full Version : How It's Made: Earth as we know it

lerg2
2012-03-07, 12:46 PM
This thread is about my campaign. If you are in my campaign world, don't read this. Don't even look at this thread. Well, you'd have to look to see the warning, but as soon as you're done, stop looking.

I have a pretty good map of this world and some ideas on how it's expanding. (It's not a full map, just the province they're on) What I want to do catapult them into 2017 Times square around 15-17th level. I have no Idea how. I was thinking about an enemy they took down, but not out, re-awakening around then and they're sent to stop it again. I know I'm the DM but I want this to be believable and have them fully understand what happened. I don't expect many replies but any help would be appreciated. I'm going for sort of a D20 not-far-from-now feel, but far enough that the party's weapons are almost obsolete.

NinjaStylerobot
2012-03-07, 01:00 PM
Well, I suggest we solve global warming by compressing all the Co2 into canisters and burying them underground.

Not a noble solution but eh.

Thats how I imagine earth and humanity:

"Not a noble solution but eh"

Arbane
2012-03-07, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question - you want to move a bunch of D&D characters to a slightly-future Earth?

Plane Shift ought to handle that simply enough. Or an artifact malfunctioning. Or the ever popular 'crazy wizard with a new spell'.

The Crazy Wizard one actually gives me a good idea. The Wizard THINKS his spell will catapult the PCs into THE DEPTHS OF OBLIVION!!!@!, but it actually has just stranded every previous test-subject on Earth, since none of them had any idea how to get back. (Which could be a problem for Earth, since at least one of the test subjects was a dangerous monster.)

Anne Calie
2012-03-07, 05:22 PM
The Crazy Wizard one actually gives me a good idea. The Wizard THINKS his spell will catapult the PCs into THE DEPTHS OF OBLIVION!!!@!, but it actually has just stranded every previous test-subject on Earth, since none of them had any idea how to get back. (Which could be a problem for Earth, since at least one of the test subjects was a dangerous monster.)

This remind of Narnia, all those Guinea pigs trapped in the "inter-wolrds" space.

Well, I find the OP's idea of making the PCs chase an old enemy pretty good. You could make some kind of spell that would lead the Pcs to the location of the enemy. And would even more interesting if that enemy was already adapated to our world and held an important position, while the Pcs would have a hard time surving in a big city. ( Yeah, it's cliché but sound fun.)