PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Character Concept

kieza
2012-03-07, 01:59 PM
Well, I've done it. I've okayed what is likely the most outright bizarre character concept I'll ever see, and it's partly my fault.

My homebrew setting contains a lot of mad science, and a lot of mad science's creations: everything from regular humans with acidic saliva, to sentient octopi. One of my players just lost a character, and when we were discussing his new character, he asked if he could play something weird and wooly and call it the product of some insane genius. I thought it was a cool idea, so I asked how weird he wanted it to be: normal humanoid with a couple of quirks, entirely new humanoid race, not even humanoid, or even weirder. He got this strange expression and asked what I meant by "even weirder." Without thinking, I said the first thing that came to mind, something I'd come up with for a one-shot: "A swarm of collectively-intelligent, flying, venomous dire-ferrets."

So, now I've got a swarm of collectively-intelligent, flying venomous dire-ferrets--inhabiting a suit of armor. It is, without a doubt, the strangest character concept I've ever seen first-hand, much less been okay with. Fellow DM's, what's the weirdest thing you've ever allowed?

Alex Star
2012-03-07, 02:39 PM
Awesome... in a Teenage Mutants from Outer Space game I played a Medium Size Sentient Ameoba with the power to teleport.

Kaveman26
2012-03-07, 05:41 PM
I had a friend who desperately wanted to play a druid with an army of scimitar wielding baboons. The DM at first seemed to be going along with it, and actually modified a sweet array of starting statistics....with one major catch. The druid was physically unable to touch, or use any spell that touched or interacted with a living creature. He was effectively cursed out of animal companion, and a good chunk of spells. He was willing to go along with it because the DM said "trust me" with the most cheshire cat grin of all time. We started at level 3 and at level 5 the druid saw a wyvern statue with the wings broke off. As he touched it it animated and kneeled before him. He had just acquired a Wyvern without flight that functioned like a stone horse with all the wyvern stats including poison. Except this one had hardness 10 and therefore damage reduction. Guess who began sculpting baboons with scimitars that night?

DaMullet
2012-03-07, 05:52 PM
A cat wizard and his human familiar (some kind of magic brain swapping was involved).

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-08, 03:10 AM
I had a build idea of a thrallherd that built himself a mecha to walk around in and loaded gnome warlock believers to serve as the fire power. I never did get a chance to play it.

dsmiles
2012-03-08, 08:05 AM
Strangest?
That would have to be the Vow of Poverty, Grapple-focused, Were-Bear Bearbearian. (Yes, that was intentional.)

DigoDragon
2012-03-08, 08:44 AM
The strangest concept I've seen was a "Drunken Master" pink-fur wolf. Not like, an anthro upright humanoid wolfman, but a 4-legged large wolf. With pink fur. Somewhat intelligent too (In D&D terms his INT would be about 8-9).

I used to laugh, 'till it took a gulp of Jack Daniels and then single handedly curb-stomped three ninjas. :smalleek:

boomwolf
2012-03-08, 10:24 AM
Ninjas are weak

besides, kog'maw...if you know the name...hungry hungry lizard to the extreme x_x

johnroth
2012-03-08, 11:23 AM
I liked how strange my "Human Camera" concept for Shadowrun was. He was barely human, had a TON of memory, and eyes loaded with all the trimmin's. I imagined him to be a sort of a "scout" who would just hide, watch, and record things. I can't imagine ever using him though... I'm just not sure what he'd be good for, and he can't really fight...

Dusk Eclipse
2012-03-08, 11:33 AM
I have a friend who stated up an awakened gelatinous cube barbarian.

caden_varn
2012-03-08, 11:40 AM
I had a sentient, immortal sort of flying puffball mushroom character in a Golden Heroes game. The GM wouldn't let me wear a cape due to lack of shoulders, which I felt was most unfair.

Apparently nailing the cape to me was also not allowed. :smallmad:

Civil War Man
2012-03-08, 12:20 PM
A telekinetic cat. As in, an ordinary house cat with massive telekinetic power (with telekinesis being its only power. Couldn't even talk).

Campaign didn't go very far, but part of the opening involved demons kidnapping the little girl who was giving me tuna, resulting in me beating some of the demons to death with a dresser for their insolence.

Jay R
2012-03-08, 12:33 PM
In original Traveler (1976 or 1977), we rolled for everything, including race. My character wound up as a two-foot tall intelligent amoeboid, whom I immediately named "Ooze the Avenger."

johnroth
2012-03-08, 12:50 PM
Hm. So far none of these character ideas strike me as "weird". Including my own. I mean, the telekenetic cat just sounds fun. (I roll over on my back and meow at the party longingly. I want attention. Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow! Why isn't anyone petting me or paying attention to me? I blast the party with a wave of psycokentic energy. When the dusts settles I run up to someone and rub my face all over their leg. Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow!)

Awakened gelatinous cube barbarian? Fun, but not weird. (You could rage swallow people! It reminds me of the cactus monster berzerker thing a friend played in a D&D campaign who could rage hug people.)

The immortal puffball guy just sounds fun too. (I slam my body harmlessly into the enemy over and over again. Do spores come out? I want to infect him with my spores.)

Pink fured wolf Druken Master? More Holy Crap Awesome than weird. (You could get someone to make him a beer hat, or perhaps have him tie one of those big sake jugs to him. ORRRRR figure out how to give him a big hamster water thing that he can lap booze from!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Now I want to figure out how to make an actual weird character. Like how about a Dragonborne who self identifies with humans. He wants to have his claws and tail removed to make himself look more like a human. He also wants to have his teeth capped to make them look flat, like a human. But he's deeply ashamed of this and won't tell ANYONE his dark secret. But he'll get in fights and try to intentionally position himself so that his tail might get cut off, and he clips his claws really, really short. I think that has some fun potential for weirdness.

Amphetryon
2012-03-08, 12:52 PM
Had an idea for a Warforged who took the Reforged PrC, gained Unarmored Body, then immediately regretted the decision and started taking Renegade Mastermaker. It was amusing to me, at any rate.

Lost Demiurge
2012-03-08, 12:57 PM
Oh, lord... Let's see...

One time in a mutants and masterminds campaign I played a teeny tiny starship. Well, dimensional ship. It was full of inch-high green-skinned aliens that had warped in from another world. The ship was basically a 6-foot-long battleship with blasters and shields, and telekinesis so we could interact with the rest of the world. Had a "Summon" power that mimicked the effect of sending out one of our tiny scientists in an enviro-suit. Useful for skill checks!

It was off the wall and I hammed it to the hilt, firing that wave motion gun only when things got REAL. Pity the campaign didn't last long.

Vendle
2012-03-08, 02:28 PM
-some stuff-

That, sir, is awesome.

Arbane
2012-03-08, 03:15 PM
Superhero games tend to be really good for whacky ideas. In a game of Heroes Unlimited, I once played a kid named Billy. he was a normal 6-year-old, aside from having a not-so-imaginary friend named "Herbert". Herbert was invisible to anyone else, but Billy said he was 8 feet tall, had three eyes, purple fur, and horns. (Inspired by Calvin and Hobbes by way of Stanley and His Monster) Herbert SEEMED real enough, as he could move things, hit people, and talk to Billy. (I never did decide if Billy was psychic or if Herbert was something supernatural that had latched on to him - the game didn't last that long, alas.)

nedz
2012-03-08, 04:17 PM
I once played a dentist's chair in paranoia.

It was using the 'bot rules. I had a hoverbase for mobility and a chloroform mask on a little arm. This was so I could charge someone, knock them off their feet and render them unconscious.
Best of all was the de-brief. I said this is what happened "..." (all true, but with ommissions) and "bots can't lie" (RAW) :smallbiggrin:

Science Officer
2012-03-08, 06:41 PM
For a BPRD GURPS campaign that never materialised, I built a character based on Moxon's Master (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxon%E2%80%99s_Master), AKA, The Turk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turk).
Yes, a chess-playing automaton. Not a robot, but a mechanical, clock-work driven mannekin that reacted and spoke (with a gramaphone like voice) in a logical manner, as any living thing would.

He had Damage Resistance (Tough Skin, No Blood, No Vitals, No Brain), Does Not Eat, Does Not Breathe, Numb...
I gave him skills in fencing, medecine, and first aid. I considered giving him points for surgery, but then recalled that he had no sense of touch...

Pity that game never materialised. Though the other players were angry at me for playing such a dumb character "A chess-playing robot? All it does is play chess?" "It was built to play chess but it can do other things... It's smart."

mucco
2012-03-08, 06:59 PM
I've been playing a Phantom Robot from Outer Space, in vanilla 3.5. He's a Clairvoyant (Psion discipline) and he references the Hitchhikers' Guide when he divines stuff. And he behaves like Ford Prefect.

joe
2012-03-11, 09:41 AM
In a campaign intended to be ridiculous. I made an ettin that had a Paladin/Sorcerer; namely one head was a Paladin and the other was a Sorcerer. The Paladin was LG but had the standard intellect of an ettin (ie none) while the Sorcerer had some level of intellect, but the evil ettin disposition.

The backstory was that they were raised in a monastery and while the paladin head converted to the cause of the monks within said monastery, the sorcerer head would study their arcane secrets for his plans of world domination. They were eventually expelled from the monastery when one of the monks happened to notice that they were an ettin.

During the course of the campaign, they were eventually polymorphed into a two headed cat. The sorcerer head was then plotting to become a lich, but was decapitated and his lichdom went to the paladin head instead. He was then referred to as "lich-kitty" from then on.

So I ended up with a lawful good lich kitten with one head and two necks. It was a very strange campaign.

MunsterJujus
2012-03-11, 10:37 AM
Superhero games tend to be really good for whacky ideas. In a game of Heroes Unlimited, I once played a kid named Billy. he was a normal 6-year-old, aside from having a not-so-imaginary friend named "Herbert". Herbert was invisible to anyone else, but Billy said he was 8 feet tall, had three eyes, purple fur, and horns. (Inspired by Calvin and Hobbes by way of Stanley and His Monster) Herbert SEEMED real enough, as he could move things, hit people, and talk to Billy. (I never did decide if Billy was psychic or if Herbert was something supernatural that had latched on to him - the game didn't last that long, alas.)

Sounds like some characters I've seen in Monster's and Other Childish Things (I.E. Calvin and Hobbes meet Cthuhlu). Just a note, IMO the "weirdest" stock character in that game is Mr. Whispers, a sentient swamp of rats that share one collective mind and is addicted to finding and knowing secrets.

Dr.Epic
2012-03-11, 11:09 AM
Half orc cleric who thought he was a halfling and the avatar for the halfling deity.

tbok1992
2012-03-11, 01:21 PM
My strangest character concept would have to be the warforged bard, refluffed as having a pipe organ attached to him. He used a scythe as a weapon and was devoted to the Raven Queen. Pity I was only able to use him for D&D Encounters.

In a GURPS game I'm doing right now, I actually have a 7-foot-tall Troll who I built for stealthiness. He's actually rather good at it too, with his meatshield properties going rather nicely with his stealth properties, even though he actually gets a penalty to stealth for size. The guy actually once stabbed a poisoned dagger through his throat (Due to being mind controlled by a horrible plant, which the DM specifically said he made as a more lethal version of the Poison Joke from My Little Pony) and lived.

Orzel
2012-03-11, 01:30 PM
Former familiar Kitten wizard/barbarian/ragemage on a quest of vengeance after his master is killed.

BURNING WIDDLE PAWS!!

Dr.Epic
2012-03-11, 01:36 PM
Gnome druid with VoP that adventured in his birthday suit that could only speak in one word shouts and wanted to marry a tree.

The Bandicoot
2012-03-12, 09:38 AM
A midget half-Orc half-elf Druid whose animal companion is a pacifist albino brown bear. Really the bear has such a low intelligence it needs to be taught everything and my character decided being able to ride it is more important than it being able to attack.

Wyntonian
2012-03-12, 09:41 AM
I've been wanting to make a warforged bard with a giant set of subwoofers set in his chest. He'd be a battlerapper. It would be great.

Kallisti
2012-03-14, 05:12 AM
A singing, dancing Necropolitan circus bear with a pink tutu, who projects a cone of bears from his eyes when damaged? Probably the strangest thing I've ever actually played, however briefly, but the entire point of the campaign was absolute silliness, so I don't know if it counts.

Other off-the-wall characters? A sentient snatch of music that possesses people and twists them to its agenda, a set of creepy siamese-triplet priests with delusions of divine magic, the platonic spirit of an obscure linguistic concept bound into a mummified hand, another PC's reflection, and the physical manifestation of thirteen o'clock. Those are the strangest I can think of right now that I've ever played or at least had occasion to stat up; I'm sort of infamous in my group for coming up with odd concepts, but it tends to be more just 'stranger than the rest of them' than 'noteworthy in the thread that includes The Turk and a six-foot spaceship.' Both of which I am entirely stealing for future use, by the way.

Makiru
2012-03-14, 06:11 AM
I've been wanting to make a warforged bard with a giant set of subwoofers set in his chest. He'd be a battlerapper. It would be great.

You too? I've always wanted to do that in 4e, either bard or thunderborn barbarian.

A couple times I've mentioned the Troll Crusader that uses the Detach feat to wield his other arm as a weapon, then donate it to the homeless as a long-lasting food source. Never played it for obvious reasons.

Then there's the half-orc favored soul of Kord/Apostle of Peace who solves all disputes as nature intended: IN THE RING! While I still don't know how to make a wrestling ring, most of his spells would be self-buffs to get people into submission holds and any direct-target spells, like Whelm, would be pre-match trash talking.

At least half the characters I've played in Pirates vs. Ninjas have been very strange. Cannonball Carl was the first in a long line of pirates with two peg legs, who drank to dull the pain of having two peg legs, which just let him run faster and break boats in half with his face via orbital drop. Also, while the rest of the party ended up fighting evil doppelgangers in a cave one session, Carl fought himself from the future. No explanation how; he just did.

Also, he killed the Immortal Man. Like, legitimately immortal. Reality had a weird way of screwing around where Carl was.

I also played a dralasite in d20 Future, which is just a giant amoeba, that wielded four chainsaws at the same time. He basically came about from a conversation with the DM about how God of War would work in the modern day, which I answered by saying Kratos would wield chainsaws by the ripcord. Lo and behold, I got my second set of chainsaws from Kratos himself, with the added ability to Power Attack for more range instead of damage. Turns out, he actually gave me my original pair that he had powered up, which means I still have to somehow go back in time and give them to him in order to complete the time loop. And since the character is currently indisposed, things could get messy.

boomwolf
2012-03-14, 08:49 AM
Carl is not that much of a wierdness magnet...

Heck a guy in my party once had to stop his future self from killing his past self, and then a few sessions later the roles changed and he was the "future self" that tried to kill his "past self" while his "current self" stopped him from doing so...

And that somehow didn't trigger a massive paradox when he killed them both when he played the "future self" due to massive shenanigans...

Not to mention the arachnophobic drider...

Vizzerdrix
2012-03-16, 09:20 AM
In a Rifts game I played a house plant that could "talk" with machines and convince them to help it. Ended up turning my plant pot into a chicken legged walker and trying to kill the vegetarian in our group.

In D&D, I've been trying to make a Druid whose grove is a cerebrotic blot (a place where the Far Realm leaks over into the material plane). Someone that has taken it upon himself to look after the strange creatures that have been stranded in a strange place.

Mechanical, A druid with a soft spot for Abberations. This has proven difficult to stat out (but oddly enough, easier than a plant themed druid. Go figure).

Tarlek Flamehai
2012-03-16, 09:02 PM
I played a mass hallucination once.

The Bandicoot
2012-03-16, 09:13 PM

This Kind of post demands the story that explains the character!

Kane0
2012-03-16, 11:32 PM
The Speaker from House Ordos, with levels in sorcerer.

Yup, I was pretty drunk for that one...

Avilan the Grey
2012-03-17, 04:35 AM
I don't know if these are strange, but: I enjoy either to go full steretype (aka Half Orc Barbarian or Elven Ranger) OR the opposite.

Some things I have played / let other people play in various games:

female model / construct turned private eye (aka Frankensteins monster, but well, sexier) in a homebrew / horror game mix,

a halfling chaotic evil warlock (D&D 3.5 Ed),

"Volus" in the original Star Wars game (not a volus, really, but I came up with the concept because the GM needed a comic relief character and thinking back he basically was a volus minus the suit, and purple: Short, as wide as he was tall, greedy, cowardly, no weapon skills)

Mutated sentient golden retriever with four arms, gills, and green fur (because he could use photosynthesis to gain energy) from the wonderful Swedish RPG "Mutant" back in the very early 90ies.

Makiru
2012-03-19, 04:32 AM
Carl is not that much of a wierdness magnet...

Heck a guy in my party once had to stop his future self from killing his past self, and then a few sessions later the roles changed and he was the "future self" that tried to kill his "past self" while his "current self" stopped him from doing so...

And that somehow didn't trigger a massive paradox when he killed them both when he played the "future self" due to massive shenanigans...

Not to mention the arachnophobic drider...

No, I know nothing I can bring up is remotely as strange as what the rest of you are bringing to the table. Although I did have to explain to Dairun how that time loop worked out in the end.

And now our current game is nothing but nested time loops!

Although, what was pretty strange was in our last session, where I admitted I'd been playing a Chaotic Stupid demon the entire time and nobody took issue with it. It mostly came about when I sacrificed my own well being to keep Dairun's character around due to plot and one of the other players wondered if I wasn't Evil anymore.

Chookster
2012-03-19, 07:25 AM
Squeezel, the awakened rat rogue.

He couldn't do any damage at all practically speaking but in terms of scouting and infiltration there was no one better.

I loved all three hit points of that little guy.

Gligarman2
2012-03-29, 05:44 PM
In mutants and masterminds my bro played a robot mao zedong who fought a braniac ripoff. If the game starts again, he fights Teddy Roosevelt!

DontEatRawHagis
2012-03-31, 11:57 AM
Friend of mine played a villain who's entire purpose was to infect people with the common cold. Who also had bunny minions, and a bunny henchman called Mr. Bun Bun. Who was extremely small but carried an M4 carbine and wore custom made body armor. Note: Bun Bun had the most kills by the end of the game.

My character in said game was a ex-KGB Russian who turned super villain. His lab created one secret gadget for him to use... Chocolate laced with the flesh eating disease. As such he was constantly giving out free candy. In another case a little kid spilled ice cream on his shoe. When he went through a crowd of people with his machete he killed the little kid, by stabbing the kid in the eye with an ice cream cone.

Last notable thing my character did was do an entire evil villain speech on top of a parade float in the shape of Lincoln's head, set it on fire, hit the super hero's 14 year old sidekick with a malatov cocktail, and proceed to escape Carmen Sandiego style by grabbing a rope ladder from a helicopter.

NowhereMan583
2012-03-31, 03:19 PM
Jonathan P. Malus was a shell-shocked veteran who was thousands of years old, but didn't know it, because the emotional and physical trauma of being in the front lines of nearly every major conflict in history had resulted in him being unable to clearly remember anything beyond, say, last week. The party only knew he was a veteran because he would regularly have intense flashbacks, but the fact that these flashbacks were to a number of different wars made them kind of suspicious -- at different times, Malus seemed to be remembering battles against the French, the Germans, the Confederacy, the Picts, the Turks, the Hittites, and the Neanderthals.

His memory issues included a notable degree of vagueness concerning who he thought he worked for -- though the party in this campaign was part of a private organization that investigated the paranormal, he started every conversation with civilians with, "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Reactions were as one would expect.

Agent Malus was intensely paranoid, extremely direct, and was never afraid to resort to violence. He was also stubborn to an unbelievable degree -- little things like "failure", "bullets", "the law", "evidence", or "reality" wouldn't sway him from whatever plan he had cooked up. He was arrested three times and institutionalized once over the course of the two sessions in which he was part of the campaign. He carried around a box labeled "Ontological Demolitions" -- basically a bomb-making kit that messed up the fabric of reality instead of just causing explosions. (He had no idea where he got it from.)

He was the party leader at first by default, and then officially, mostly because he always sounded like he knew what he was doing. The reason he only lasted two sessions was because his leadership resulted in the entire party going on the lam. The third session of the campaign, we all rolled up new characters whose first assignment was to hunt down our previous characters and eliminate them.

The Cat Goddess
2012-04-03, 03:01 PM
Joseph P. Manly of the Parthington Manlys... The Manliest Manly you will ever meet.

A halfling martial artist in GURPS who was extremely deluded. The heir to a wealthy noble house, he adventured because his family told him to go. They hoped he would wander forever (one of his delusions was "all maps are wrong!"), but he somehow managed to get back home once every few months... only to be sent out again. He believed he was being watched over by a group of ninjas ("of course you can't see them... they're ninjas!") and hit on every attractive female he encountered... including the Aspect of a War Goddess (she wasn't amused), a female dragon ("Your mate's not here, and I'm sure not going to tell him...") and a half-ogress bandit ("You're too much woman for any ordinary man... luckily, I'm not an ordinary man!")

His delusions were so powerful (and his personality so overwhelming) that he convinced one of the party members (an ogre) to become one of his ninja assistants! Most times when Stealth was called for, the ogre would roll Intimidation instead ("You no see me!"), which worked surprisingly well at times.

Joseph Manly didn't believe in fighting one-on-one... because he knew that his ninja retainers would be secretly aiding him anyway... so what was the point of trying? He also believed that everything was "his destiny!" He was "destined to rescue the village" and "destined to defeat the evil necromancer". Whenever a new person joined their adventures it was because they were "destined to become part of my destiny!"

Joseph Manly "could not tell a lie!" because he was "too manly to lie". He was also "a professional question answerer!" There was no question he could not answer, and he guaranteed that "the answer will not be 'I don't know' or something like that." The most common answers he gave were: "Your name is the series of sounds that people use when referring to you.", "Your weight is greater than mine, yet less than an elephant's." and most commonly: "No, I am not crazy... why does everyone keep asking that?"

Trekkin
2012-04-03, 03:31 PM
The strangest character I ever saw was an AI in Shadowrun who lived in a smartgun, having originally been developed as a smartgun program that could not only plot the ideal targeting solution, but also the ideal target for the tactical situation and on up the line till he gained sentience (and, through the weapon upgrades, the ability to fly). He was actually a fairly effective negotiator, given his propensity for dramatic weapon cocking, and the player made a point to eject a round in lieu of shrugging.

He also had the distinctive style flaw, and had his associates leave a brick at every run. Trying to communicate this nearly botched their first three runs, especially when he got frustrated and shot "PUT BRICK HERE" into the wall of the run target in Braille. He was not silenced, incidentally.

Morithias
2012-04-03, 04:13 PM

Were you playing Final Fantasy X recently? Please don't tell me your character was an androgynous whiny sports star who looks like Meg Ryan.

Grey Watcher
2012-04-03, 04:29 PM

"Your name is the series of sounds that people use when referring to you."

... But that's not important right now.

Honestly, thread's like this make me feel like the strange one for playing such boring things as "human fighter". In a campaign that never got off the ground, I actually intended to make that into a specific shtick. Alongside sentient undead, awakened sea creatures, and goodness knows what else, I was going to play a character who was literally the redshirt. A generic human rogue skillmonkey, who's main function was to do the boring stuff the star PCs didn't want to do and was constantly at risk of dying to illustrate how dangerous the current situation was. (He was even going to be named something like Camicia Rossa or Chemise Rogue Rouge, just to underscore it.) The idea was that, if he died, he was fulfilling his narrative function, if he survived, he was subverting it.

Alabenson
2012-04-03, 10:13 PM
Sadly the game never got off the ground, but the strangest character concept I ever came up with was a dwarf wizard, allowed to have the Unintelligible Accent and Chicken Infested flaws, headed towards the Adamantine Chef Prc from Knowledge Arcana 9.
Essentially, I was building the Swedish Chef from the muppets.

Sith_Happens
2012-04-03, 11:57 PM
... But that's not important right now.

Honestly, thread's like this make me feel like the strange one for playing such boring things as "human fighter". In a campaign that never got off the ground, I actually intended to make that into a specific shtick. Alongside sentient undead, awakened sea creatures, and goodness knows what else, I was going to play a character who was literally the redshirt. A generic human rogue skillmonkey, who's main function was to do the boring stuff the star PCs didn't want to do and was constantly at risk of dying to illustrate how dangerous the current situation was. (He was even going to be named something like Camicia Rossa or Chemise Rogue Rouge, just to underscore it.) The idea was that, if he died, he was fulfilling his narrative function, if he survived, he was subverting it.

Better name for this guy: Kyon.:smallwink:

Morithias
2012-04-04, 12:41 AM
Better name for this guy: Kyon.:smallwink:

Suddenly I'm tempted to make some kind of "stat the SOS brigade" thread.

Kyon would be a human generic expert, Mikuru a time lord adapted from the 1st edition stuff (i'm not kidding there was a time manipulator class in one of the dragons), Yuki..no idea how to stat her..Pun-pun without the divine ranks?, Haruhi would be a quasi-deity fluffed as an overdeity who doesn't know her own power, but would be mostly a human rogue, and Kozumi would be some kind of warlock I think.

Marlowe
2012-04-04, 02:48 AM
The trouble is none of them except Yuki have powers that can be used in any half-way "normal" situation.

Haruhi's technically omnipotent but doesn't know it.

Yuki Nagato is like Yuki Nagato, only more so.

Koizumi's abilities only work inside closed space. Unless you count "walking everywhere with your eyes closed" and "standing too close to other males" as useful class abilities.

Mikuru seems to have no abilities except for being a time traveler, and she's not that great at exploiting it.

Of course, you could make the dungeon infinity recursive until Kyon leveled up enough to do his homework.

Milo v3
2012-04-04, 03:58 AM
An Awakened Dandelion Warlock who shoots fire out of his face.

He is known only by his self-proclaimed title:
THE DANDELION KING!

He believes the whole world should be the home of his subjects (non-sentient dandelions). So be made a deal with the devil to allow him to destroy the nations of others.

It was sad when he died....
He was stepped on by an elf.

WitchSlayer
2012-04-04, 05:05 AM
I sat down in front of the character builder not too long ago and decided to see what I could make.

I ended up with a pixie vampire deva infernal princess archlich warforged. I might've switched up pixie with Kalashtar for the "Psychic lolita" aspect but I decided that pixie was good enough.

Her name was Cobweb.

Socratov
2012-04-04, 08:17 AM
i haven't played him yet, but i have gotten a sort of okay on my MPD bard.

it's basically a bard, or dirgesinger depending on what his dominant personality is. the equipemtn is the same for both, but the spells known are different as are teh skills. The punchline? the DM get's to say what personality is dominant (or when i need to save for a personality change) which opens up many roleplaying opportunities and weird situations (say during a social encounter he changes personality going from happy frivolous bard (mania) to gloomy depressing dirgesinger (dementia), and niether of the sides know the other side exists)

airwolf
2012-04-05, 03:38 PM
not sure if this is werid but i played a Half Brass dragon Warforged Crusader.and now i want to play a awaken cat psion.