PDA

View Full Version : Surrender Now, or Prepare to Fight! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

NeoSeraphi
2012-03-07, 05:44 PM
A pair of bards Performing this feat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBVrPWwSlRM&feature=related)

Prepare for trouble!
And make it double!
To protect the world from devastation!
To unite all peoples within our nation!
To denounce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now, or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

Incredible Stage Presence (General)
Prerequisites: Bardic music class feature, Inspire Awe or Inspire Courage class feature, Perform (Oratory) 9 ranks, Cha 13
Benefit: You take advantage of the classic adage, "Two heads are better than one", and apply it to your bardic performance. Whenever you begin your Inspire Awe or Inspire Courage class feature for the first time during an encounter, one of your allies with at least 1 rank in the Perform (Oratory) skill may spend an immediate action to join your performance, adding incredible dramatic effect.

If you are Inspiring Courage and your ally joins you, then for the duration of the Inspire Courage effect, you and all allies affected are immune to fear and receive double the normal morale bonus you would grant to damage rolls (but not to attack rolls). This does not stack with the benefits of the Words of Creation feat.

If you are Inspiring Awe, you receive a bonus to the DC of your Inspire Awe effect equal to your ally's ranks in the Perform (Oratory) skill, to a maximum of half your character level. Additionally, all enemies who fail their saving throws cower for the first round, and then are shaken for the remainder of the performance and for 5 rounds afterwards, as normal.

Your ally need not continue performing, he must only assist you during the first round you perform in order to enhance your effect.

The Mentalist
2012-03-07, 09:45 PM
1. Epic reference I love you for it.
2. Seems balanced. Why not the bonus to attack as well? For a feat that basically replicates Words of Creation minus icky fluff it seems to work.

NeoSeraphi
2012-03-07, 09:57 PM
2. Seems balanced. Why not the bonus to attack as well? For a feat that basically replicates Words of Creation minus icky fluff it seems to work.

I've seen the numbers that IC Optimizers can pump out. Doubling that just seems wrong. Mostly because the fighters can then take that doubled bonus to attack and dump it to get twice as much damage with Power Attack, again.

I actually think that Inspire Courage's bonus to-hit is pretty balanced, and with all the ways to increase it, I find that it is more than enough. Upping that with the feat doesn't really seem like a good idea to me, (especially with the immunity to fear), but if other PEACHers say they don't think it's too much, I'll change it.

The Mentalist
2012-03-07, 10:00 PM
I actually think the fear is less IC itself in higher op games and more +8-12d6 of elemental damage on every attack but either way I could see the point.

If you do consider changing it maybe write in that it only doubles base IC and not the additional nonsense.

Edit: Rethinking with the whole immunity to fear it seems balanced as is, you're right. (Though you make the PhB Pali cry even more into his breakfast cereal)

NeoSeraphi
2012-03-07, 10:03 PM
I actually think the fear is less IC itself in higher op games and more +8-12d6 of elemental damage on every attack but either way I could see the point.

If you do consider changing it maybe write in that it only doubles base IC and not the additional nonsense.

Good point. I'll keep that suggestion in mind, thanks. :smallsmile:

Edit: Rethinking with the whole immunity to fear it seems balanced as is, you're right. (Though you make the PhB Pali cry even more into his breakfast cereal)

If I cared about the PHB Pali's feelings, I wouldn't have made the squire (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225434). The PHB Pali has been replaced by the dawnblade, as far as I am concerned. :smallamused:

NeoSeraphi
2012-03-09, 01:55 PM
No other suggestions/comments?