PDA

View Full Version : anticipate teleport plus baleful transposition

Phaederkiel
2012-03-07, 08:32 PM
anticipate Teleport says it affects all creatures teleported with a spell with the (teleportation) description.

What happens if I have AT active and use Baleful Transposition on someone?
What happens if I had cast AT on a buddy and then used BT on someone?

This could make for an really ugly combo, especially if I can stop myself to be affected by AT...

It is hghly probable that this either does not work or is an old hat, but humor me...

Jack_Simth
2012-03-07, 08:47 PM
anticipate Teleport says it affects all creatures teleported with a spell with the (teleportation) description.

What happens if I have AT active and use Baleful Transposition on someone?
What happens if I had cast AT on a buddy and then used BT on someone?

This could make for an really ugly combo, especially if I can stop myself to be affected by AT...

It is hghly probable that this either does not work or is an old hat, but humor me...
Well, Extraordinary Spell Aim (Complete Adventurer) can exempt you, yourself, from an Anticipate Teleportation spell that you cast, as can the Archmage's Mastery of Shaping. So that's a simple way to sidestep the question of what happens if the person carrying the Anticipate Teleportation is teleported (which is a funny, not-specified-in-RAW question that your DM would have to answer, and you don't want to be surprised by it).

And yes, it could make for an ugly combo. If they fail the save for Baelful Transposition, they're out of the battle for a little bit, making it a 'divide and conquer' strategy. Of course, if they fail a save vs. a spell, there are many other ways that they could be out of the battle, too.

deuxhero
2012-03-07, 08:57 PM
Note that this is just a lower level version of Maze with less prep time against non-Wizard/Factotum/Psion and a save as an end result. Not a bad effect mind you.

Phaederkiel
2012-03-07, 09:14 PM
well I can always just exchange two baddies with each other and then prepare to fire when they come down, can I not...:smallbiggrin:

It is a nice save or something that works against two targets who can have quite a bit of distance between them.

and I can use it to save my hide if something goes really bad. Just benign me and a friend, when we come down all is good again.

What do you say, how does abrupt jaunt work with anticipate teleportation?