PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons: The Dragoning - Who's GMed it?

Endarire
2012-03-08, 02:10 AM
Dungeons: The Dragoning (http://lawfulnice.blogspot.com/2011_12_01_archive.html) is a spiffy crossover game of D&D, Warhammer 40K, and other games. I'd love to play in such a game, but who would GM it?

Also, who do you know that's GMed this game?

johnroth
2012-03-08, 11:16 AM
Uh, who would GM it? I did. It was a lot of fun. I couldn't print out the whole book, but I made a bunch of copies of the character creation stuff and passed it out to my group. I made a bunch of my own stuff up, they got kidnapped and trapped on a planet that was owned and managed by a corporation which named the planet after themselves.

Basically the complaint department of this corporation was getting over-run because it's citizens were all incredibly unhappy. Imagine a soul crushing office atmosphere extended to an entire planet. The PC's were on a ship that got a bit to close to the planet, and a ship was sent out to capture them. Eventually it was explained to them that they were brought to the planet to help reduce the complaint department work load, thus reducing the budget that was being spent on it, by becoming heroes and inspiring the people so that they would be less depressed and more motivated.

The company didn't want to spend more than it needed though and the heroes had to be their own villians at the same time. Essentially they had to create problems without being seen and then try and solve it and look like heroes. This lead to some pretty awesome situations.

They were given the task "Disrupt the transportation system, and then fix it." Two of the players came up with a plan to rob an underground subway car, while another player came up with a PSA song (He made his character a musician) advising people to remove all their clothes and use the corner of the subways and busses as a waste recepticle. Then the remaining two players created stink bombs and such to make everything smelly?

Lol, they mostly just created an awful problem here. Nobody really attempted to solve it. It was pretty funny though, and later they got reprimanded for just creating an awful situation and abonding it by the corp.

That was one of the earlier sessions. I think we played over 10 sessions and it was a lot of fun. They eventually got off the planet. Now we're starting a shadow run game. I kind of wish I could buy a copy of the book or owned a printer or something. As it stands it costs like 40 bucks to print just one copy of the damn thing at fed-ex. Otherwise, we loved it.

Endarire
2012-03-13, 02:47 AM
How'd you handle creatures, though? To my knowledge, DtD has no pregen stats for "Wolf" or "Dragon" or "Starship."

johnroth
2012-03-19, 07:58 AM
It actually does have some, it's just not a lot, and you have to look through the book to find it... It's just a couple of "monsters". I mostly had to make up my own creatures... which was fine, because I've done that with almost all the games I've ever played...

Slipperychicken
2012-03-19, 10:00 AM
The company didn't want to spend more than it needed though and the heroes had to be their own villians at the same time. Essentially they had to create problems without being seen and then try and solve it and look like heroes. This lead to some pretty awesome situations.

This is so awesome.

Sodalite
2012-03-20, 03:10 PM
I apologize for being somewhat off-topic, but would anyone care to GM the D:tD game that's currently recruiting over on the 'Finding Players' board? We've got quite a few players, but no one over there has stepped up to GM.