PDA

View Full Version : combined rogue powers

Jimbob
2012-03-09, 06:17 AM
All,

Im a 1st level rogue soon to be hitting 2nd level.
Now I have already decided to take tumble as my next power.
So my question is, tumble states that you can shift half your movement, and when I use deft strike I can move 2 squares before I attack, so my total movement with deft strike is 8 (6 for race + 2 for power), so can I tumble 3 squares then move 2, or tumble 4 squares?

cheers all

tcrudisi
2012-03-09, 06:31 AM
I am befuddled as to what you are asking, exactly.

You have a Standard Action, a Move Action, and a Minor Action. The minor isn't important here, so we'll ignore it.

That leaves standard and move. You can spend your move action to move 6 squares. Then you use your standard action for Deft Strike which lets you move 2 more and then make the attack. You've moved 8 squares total in the round.

You can use the Standard Action to Deft Strike to move 2 squares and attack. You then use your Move Action for Tumble, which lets you move half your speed, or 3 squares. In this case, you move 2 squares and shift 3 squares, for a total movement this round of 5 squares.

Deft Strike does not actually increase your speed. It lets you move 2 squares, sure, but that's not your speed. Tumble lets you shift half your speed. Your speed is 6, ergo half your speed is 3. When you use Tumble, you shift 3 squares. If you then use Deft Strike, you move 2 squares and attack. Tumble has nothing to do with this. They are separate actions.

Also, the "Ask a simple question" thread is the perfect place for a question like this. I'm not trying to be rude, but simple questions are best suited for that thread.

Jimbob
2012-03-09, 06:57 AM
Your second to last bit is that answer that I was looking for and did think but wanted to get peoples views on this.

And whats the point of having a 4e forum if I cant ask 4e related questions???

Anecronwashere
2012-03-09, 07:07 AM
Your second to last bit is that answer that I was looking for and did think but wanted to get peoples views on this.

And whats the point of having a 4e forum if I cant ask 4e related questions???

It's the fact that there is a Thread all about answering questions like this.
tcrudisi is simply saying "Please post these types of questions in this thread, not it's own"

That Thread has people on it answering questions so it will get answered, unlike a new Thread where there is a chance it will be missed.
It also clogs up the forum with lots of Threads if everyone posted like this, so other Threads (like a "Help me build X" or "Hey look at this Trick" Thread or Discussions about stuff) that need more than 2-3 other posts are missed in the rush.

Jimbob
2012-03-09, 07:48 AM
So as not to upset any one else, with my questions concerning 4e, posting them in the 4e thread :smallconfused:.
Can you point me in the direction of the "ask a simple question" thread.

Jimbob
2012-03-09, 07:50 AM
scrap that I have found it.
sorry to of wasted your clearly presious time.

Tegu8788
2012-03-09, 08:21 AM
That's not the point. What he's saying is you have a better chance to get your question answered quicker in that forum, saving your precious time.

tcrudisi
2012-03-09, 11:50 AM
scrap that I have found it.
sorry to of wasted your clearly presious time.

I'm sorry to have offended you. There are various reasons why this question would have been better asked in the "ask a simple question" thread, such as the fact that you will get questions answered quicker there. The people who answer the questions there are used to answering questions in a clear and concise manner and do so with great knowledge of the rules. It really is to your benefit to ask there. Furthermore, a lot of questions have already been asked there. A search of that thread will often bring up the answer to a question without even having to ask. (I seriously doubt that for this question as it's a pretty unique one, but obviously for many questions it will be true.)

Good luck with your Rogue!

Jimbob
2012-03-10, 07:56 AM
Tcrudisi, you did not offend me in the slightest and thank you for your comment :smallcool:.