PDA

View Full Version : Request: Custom Character Sheets?

Absol197
2012-03-09, 11:20 AM
Hey there, all you amazing artists!

So, I'm going to be running an Avatar: the Last Airbender campaign soon, from a system I made myself (see my sig for details).

Now, while this system is Pathfinder (read: 3.5) and Star Wars SAGA Edition based, there are several major changes needed to the character sheets in order for the players to have easy access to all the needed information.

I've tried to design character sheets myself, but I've discovered that I suck something fierce at it. So, I wanted to see if there were any Playgrounders that enjoy designing character sheet that might want to help out.

I was debating putting this here or in the Roleplaying Games forum, but I thought here might be better. I've got a basic idea for layout, but if you can come up with a better one that gets all the need-to-know info onto two or three sheets, I'll leave it in your (much more capable)hands.

Thanks a lot, in advance!

Dr.Epic
2012-03-09, 03:01 PM
You say you suck at designing character sheets? How difficult do you think it will be for someone who's never played the game to design the thing? You mentioned it's based on Pathfinder, but I don't think that's enough. I think you're better off getting help from people in real life. Ask one of your friends who is good at this sort of thing. You can talk to them in real time, see what they're doing, and make corrections to their sheet design.

Absol197
2012-03-09, 06:11 PM
You say you suck at designing character sheets? How difficult do you think it will be for someone who's never played the game to design the thing? You mentioned it's based on Pathfinder, but I don't think that's enough. I think you're better off getting help from people in real life. Ask one of your friends who is good at this sort of thing. You can talk to them in real time, see what they're doing, and make corrections to their sheet design.

Well, that's why I came here. As the Arts and Crafts board on a forum for a webcomic that is about D&D (at least tangentially), I figured that this was the board to come to for people who both:

A) Play D&D, and

B) Have artistic/image-manipulation ability.

Your suggestion, while a good one, rests upon the assumption that I have a friend that is good at this kind of thing. If I did, I would definitely have gone to her for help; it would be, as you said, much easier. As it is, though, the combined artistic talent of me and all of my friends would add up to about early xkcd (http://xkcd.com/9/) level.

Obviously, more information is needed before someone could even begin. I have that information to give (such as what the changes are, what sort of layout I was thinking of), but I was first attempting to "feel out the waters," so to speak, to see if anyone would even be interested in helping.