PDA

View Full Version : Enhance Wild Shape Spell -> Plant?

imneuromancer
2012-03-09, 04:12 PM
Plants are pretty much awesome, and the Enhance Wild Shape spell (SpC p. 82) says that one of the options is to "Assume the form of a plant with your next wildshape".

So I *ASSUME* based on the text of the spell that 1) you cannot become a plant larger than you could normally wildshape and 2) you have to pick a shape that replicates a real plant creature, you can't just add the "plant" type.

#2 is a little iffy, though. I am making the assumption that you just aren't adding the plant type and getting its immunities because there is a 5th level Druid spell called Plant Body (SpC p. 159) that basically does this already.

So given that Enhance Wild Shape let's you wild shape into a plant creature:

1) What good plant creatures are there for level 7 (i.e. medium plants of 7 HD or less)

2) What good plants are there for level 8 (i.e. large plants of 8 HD or less).

I looked in the Complete Polymorph Thread and the Wild Shape Optimization Thread (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=124391) but couldn't find anything. Any ideas?

Private
2012-03-09, 05:22 PM
I like to consider myself pretty Wildshape savvy, but I couldn't find anything that'd help you here. :smallfrown:

Urpriest
2012-03-09, 08:08 PM
The Master of Many Forms Bible has plants around 12HD or so (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528526/updated_Master_of_Many_Forms_Bible__official_wild_ shape_rules). 8 is trickier, since not too many characters try to take plant forms then. I'll look around a bit.

Edit: actually lots of the good plant options in that guide are around 8HD or so.

Saintheart
2012-03-09, 08:11 PM
Wildly tangential, but any chance you could stretch your DM to allow greenbound (Lost Empires of Faerun) forms? The greenbound template changes any summoned nature's ally to plant...?

Necroticplague
2012-03-09, 09:15 PM
Wildly tangential, but any chance you could stretch your DM to allow greenbound (Lost Empires of Faerun) forms? The greenbound template changes any summoned nature's ally to plant...?

Sorry, but RAW doesn't support this. Wild Shape is based off Alternate Form, which says you can't take the form of a templated creature with it. Now, specific does overule general in some cases (artic wild shape, celestrial wild shape), this doesn't appear to be one of those.

imneuromancer
2012-03-09, 11:38 PM
Thanks for reminding me about the Master of Many Forms thread, that is another great resource for getting ideas on polymorph/wild shape forms.

Unfortunately, I didn't see anything that would fit the bill at level 7. There just aren't too many medium plants, apparently.

At level 8 there seem to be some options, but not many.

Oh, to get those sweet, sweet immunities!!

gomipile
2012-03-10, 12:04 PM
If your druid has Assume Supernatural Ability, use Enhance Wild Shape to turn into a Phantom Fungus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/phantomFungus.htm) to gain Greater Invisibility?

Edit: You could also turn into a Violet Fungus to gain its poison attack.

eggs
2012-03-10, 12:38 PM
Myconids are a nifty plant form once you get large size. They let you build non-undead zombie creatures under your control, which can allow some pretty unique effects for a druid.

Ferguson
2012-05-14, 07:16 AM
I've been looking for the same thing. So far the best I've found seems to be Vine Horrors at 7, especially with 2 castings of Enhance Wild Shape, because of their nifty abilities and ability to speak and use tools. Shambling Mounds are 8 HD Large plants, so there's an option for level 8.