PDA

View Full Version : And when you get REALLY mad, you can set things on fire. [3.5. Feat. PEACH]

Sgt. Cookie
2012-03-09, 04:44 PM
Elemental fury
As your rage reaches its highest, your weapon becomes wreathed in flame and cold.

Prerequisites: Rage or Frenzy ability
Benefit: Upon gaining this feat, choose two energy types from the following list: acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic. You do an aditional 1d6 of that energy type (Except sonic, which does 1d4), when you attack while using rage or frenzy. Additionally, for every two levels in a class or PrC that grants Rage or Frenzy as a class feature (If you have classes or PrCs that grant both Rage and Frenzy, they stack) you do an additional 1d6 (1d4, if sonic) of damage. You decide which type to use when you start your rage or frenzy.

I.e, a 2nd level barbarian could do 2d6 of cold or fire damage.

legomaster00156
2012-03-09, 04:50 PM
So, out of curiousity, how is sonic damage fluffed?

Sgt. Cookie
2012-03-09, 04:52 PM
You're so angry, your weapon vibrates?

Steward
2012-03-09, 08:43 PM
That looks pretty good to me. Just mumble something harmonics and frequencies. It makes about as much sense as quivering palm, and is about 100x cooler.

If I'm reading this right, you can't stack the elemental damage. Of the two that you pick, you can only use one per attack. Does that apply for every attack per round, or for just one attack, or what? (That is, if you're a high level melee character that can make, say, three attacks per round, and you chose fire and electricity as your two damage types, can all three of your attacks benefit from this feat or just the first one? If the former, can you choose to switch (ie your first attack does electricity while your next two attacks use fire, or do all three of your attacks in that round have to use the same energy attack?

Sgt. Cookie
2012-03-10, 10:06 AM
That's correct, when you start your rage or frenzy, you decide which energy type you want to use.