PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Bard/Sublime Chord/Ur Priest/Mystic Theurge build!

Icestorm245
2012-03-09, 10:39 PM
Basically, the title says it all. How can I go about making this work, still end up with 9th level spells in both arcane and divine splls? I was thinking Bard 9/Ur Priest 1/Sublime Chord 1/Mystic Theurge 9. But I have this nagging feeling that I'm missing something that will determine whether this build will actually work. I think it may be because Ur Priest doesn't give Listen as a class skill, which I need 13 ranks of for Sublime Chord. If this is it, how can I get around this?

Coidzor
2012-03-09, 10:51 PM
Nah. Even paying 2 skill points for listen on the level you took Ur-Priest would clear that up if that's all you were thinking of.

I think it's usually more like Bard 8/ Ur-Priest 1-2/(Bard +1 or X 1)/Sublime Chord 1-2, Mystic Theurge 8-9, but it is a build that sometimes gets mentioned around here.

Urpriest
2012-03-09, 11:05 PM
Depending on how quickly you want the Ur-Priest casting you can get in with Savage Bard (UA Variant) 5. You'd then want a Theurge class after Urpriest 2, either by misreading the Mystic Theurge advancement or by grabbing another Theurge class with stricter prereqs like Arcane Hierophant or Fochluchan Lyrist, both fun choices but requiring some trickery to enter. If you're starting at high level though this is less relevant.

Remember, once a skill is a class skill for one class the cap is always 3+character level, no matter what other classes you have. Lots of people somehow decide the cap comes back, despite there being no logical and consistent way this could be implemented.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-03-09, 11:15 PM
Savage Bard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bardVariantSavageBard) 8/ Ur-Priest 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Mystic Theurge 8 is probably the easiest way to do it. Savage Bard gives you the necessary saves to qualify for Ur-Priest before 9th, and you need 2nd level divine spells to take Mystic Theurge. You also get Song of Arcane Power and Rebuke Undead with that.

Icestorm245
2012-03-10, 01:03 PM
Wow, thanks a lot guys. It appears this is easier than than I thought this would be. I can see why Savage Bard is necesscary, having a good Fort and Will will qualify me for Ur-Priest sooner than anything else, barring Multiclassing.