Level: Bard 2, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One baby grand piano
Duration: One hour
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: No

This spell produces one baby grand piano, that appears between zero and ten feet in the air above the target of the spell. If the piano appears above floor level, it drops under the effect of gravity, producing 1d6 damage and 2d6 dignitynonlethal damage per 2 caster levels.

Focus: One small piece of ivory worth 5gp.

Steward
2012-03-10, 12:10 AM
Nice! This sounds like the kind of spell Road Runner would spend all his spell slots on!

If the piano remains for an hour after the spell is cast, I recommend giving stats for it (ie Str check to move it off, hardness and hp to break it, etc.)

Also, I *think* all Conjuration spells (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm) belong to a subschool (in this case, this spell is probably 'Conjuration (creation)'.

The Bushranger
2012-03-10, 12:31 AM
Ah, right, subschool. Added, thanks. :smallsmile:

As for stats, I figure there have to already be some for a bog-standard piano somewhere. :smalltongue:

And glad you like it! ^_^

The Mentalist
2012-03-10, 02:07 AM
One can find Piano stats in Song and Silence as I recall.

Approximately 350lbs, hardness 8 if made of wood and it doesn't matter about playing it after it has been dropped ten feet.

phantomreader42
2012-03-10, 10:39 AM
Summon Baby Grand
Conjuration (creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One baby grand piano
Duration: One hour
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: No

This spell produces one baby grand piano, that appears ten feet in the air above the target of the spell, then drops under the effect of gravity, producing 1d6 damage and 2d6 dignitynonlethal damage per 2 caster levels.

Focus: One small piece of ivory worth 5gp.

Now we need a similar spell for an anvil. :smallsmile:

Absol197
2012-03-10, 10:50 AM
This should definitely also be a bard spell. You should say that the caster can choose to have it appear anywhere from ground level up to its maximum height, so that someone actually interested in playing the piano can.

The Bushranger
2012-03-10, 03:58 PM
Those are good ideas. Especially the bard. I always forget bards which is silly because I like them. Modified!