PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Waraxe Thrower Review/Help

JamesW
2012-03-10, 06:10 AM
Hi everyone!

Working on a new character I want to play. Eventually I want him to be able to tank while throwing axes at people.

Here is the build so far.

Str: 16
Dex: 15
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 10

Level 1: Dwarven Fighter ACF, Power Attack
Level 2: Fighter, Two-Weapon Fighting
Level 3: Fighter, Quick Draw, Throw Anything
Level 4: Fighter, Brutal Throw,+1 Str
Level 5: Fighter
Level 6: Fighter, Power Throw
Level 7: Fighter, Weapon Specialization (Dwarven Waraxe) or Dwarven Armor Profency so I can use Interlocking Plate(will give +10 if I only move 5 squares or +8 if I move.)

Not sure what to do after that or if this is the best route to get to what I want.

I looked at the Battlesmith, but I have not idea how to get the weapon focus warhammer and endurance... not unless I drop some of the throwing capability which I'd rather not do.

I really like the Dwarven Armor Prof because the interlocking plate will allow me to dual wield and still give me the ac of a medium shield if I only move 5ft.

I was thinking ITWP for the feat after I get both Dwarven Armor Prof and Weapon Spec.

I know it is a lot to go through... But I really like the idea of the character. Kind of based him off of Moraxus, I think that is how it is spelt, from HoN.

Anyway, and advice will be welcomed. Let me know if I should move my stats around more.. maybe have less con and boost my Int for skill points? I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

Item Enchants

Possible Weapon Enchantments
Defending(Will this still work if I throw the axe?)
Distance(Can I use this on a waraxe if I can legally throw it?)
Ghost Touch
Vorpal
I looked at returning... it really does work with what I'm trying to get.
Armor Enchantments
Called
Healing(My gaming group has a severe lack of healers)
Fortification(avoiding crits is nice right?)

Extra Items
Any +Strength Items
Healing Belt
Gauntlets of Infinite Daggers(want to get it to create Dwarven Waraxes)

Anything I might be missing?

Thanks again!

Amphetryon
2012-03-10, 08:40 AM
Do you have access to Tome of Battle? Bloodstorm Blade achieves most of what you would normally want from a Waraxe Thrower build without as many hoops to jump through.

Alternately, you could look at the Faerun-specific, but easily portable, Hammer of Moradin for a Dwarven PrC focused on throwing weapons that D&D otherwise treats as too large to throw efficiently.