PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Aberration Based Summoner (Work in Progress- Need Help)

TheZenMaster
2012-03-10, 12:32 PM
This is essentially an archetype for the summoner to summon aberrations rather then outsiders.

In order to avoid confusion, this archetype can still be used in conjunction with synthesis and master summoner.

When Summoning the Aberrations it does not count as an evil nor a good act but as a Chaotic one only.

Summon Monster change:

Changes to the Summon Monster List:

Instead of using celestial or fiendish templates for summoned creatures that do not have the aberration type use "Star Spawned" templates

Remove Summonable Elementals, Demons, Devils, Angels and Archons

Add the following monsters to the following spells:

Summon Monster 2:

Flumph
Akata (No Void Bite)

Summon Monster 3:

Choker

Summon Monster 4:

Otyugh
Choker Brute
Tentamort
Fungal Crawler
Grick

Summon Monster 5:

Gibbering Mouther
Elder Thing

Summon Monster 6:

WeaverWorm
Destrachan

Summon Monster 7:

Yithian

Summon Monster 8:

Moon Beast
Royal Naga

Summon Monster 9:

Roper
Frogemoth
Irlgaunt
Ghorazagh

Star Spawned template:

Essentially the Celestial template except:

Replace cold and fire resistance with cold and acid resistance,

The Dr given is halved but is DR/-.

DR 3/- at 1-4 HD
DR 5/- at 5-10 HD
Dr 8/- at 11-15 HD

And instead of smite evil the creature deals 2d6 extra acid damage with natural attacks and count as chaotic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction

On The Eidelon

Because the Eidelon has a one step lower Hit die and worse BAB I propose giving it one extra evolution point per level.

In addition it can use those evolution points to buy special abilities that only Aberrations have.

I have some Ideas:

Gibber: Functions like the gibber ability of the Mouther The save DC is Charisma Based. Its a 4 point evolution and its minumum summoner level is 14. It can be used every 1d4+2 rounds.

Blyte
2012-03-12, 02:38 PM
in the spirit of making an aberrant creature, I think you should not be able to specifically tailor the aberrant evolution.

perhaps devope a list of 1, 2 and 3 point aberration evolutions, and at 1-8 reserve a 1 point randomized dip.. at 9-13 a 2 point randomized dip and a 3 point dip at 14-20.

make the abilities common to aberrations of an appropriate CR.

other than that, just give the standard eidolon the aberration template in place of the outsider one and it's all good.

edit: you might take some of the aberrant sorcerer bloodline powers and replace some of the comperable summoner powers with them.

you might also use the "first worlder" summoner as your base template rather than the standard one.

TheZenMaster
2012-03-12, 02:46 PM
First worlder sucks. And it is. Replaced the eidelon and replaced some summoning list stuff.

Thing is, looking over at aberrations and the evolutions offered. I realized there wasn't much I could create.

Aberrations are the most varied monster type outside of magical beast.

Some have weird abilities, whilst others just pull you in with tentacles.

Thats what most of the evolutions already offer. Unnatural presence, magic talents for spells, breath weapon for acid spit.

It already offers everything you need to create an aberration.

RndmNumGen
2012-03-12, 02:50 PM
I think this should be in the Homebrew forums? I'll send in a report, but correct me if I'm wrong.

TheZenMaster
2012-03-12, 02:54 PM
I think this should be in the Homebrew forums? I'll send in a report, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh crap. It should be :smalleek: