PDA

View Full Version : Flail Support

IcemanJRC
2012-03-10, 03:25 PM
So I struggle to find support for the flail weapon group and so I'd like to ask where one could find Flail support and what type of support flails would appreciate, so maybe I can homebrew something for them.

Zaq
2012-03-10, 05:32 PM
Flails are one of the best-supported weapon groups in the game. Flail Expertise is so good it almost feels too damn easy to use. Dragging Flail and Lashing Flail help you send your foe all over the friggin' map. That really ought to get you started. What were you looking for, in particular?

WickerNipple
2012-03-10, 05:35 PM
Flails really don't need any additional support.

Flail Expertise lets you Prone an enemy any time you would slide them, best coupled with a character who already gets a slide as a part of a melee basic attack.

Lashing Flail adds an additional slides or provides your first if you lack a MBA that can do it. Dragging Flail adds even more. Toss in Rushing Cleats, a Staggering flail, Hindering Shield and Repel Charge...

...and you have a character that's immune to charges and slides everyone huge distances with their basic attack while knocking them prone and slowing them too.

Seriously: do not give them more than that! :smallbiggrin:

IcemanJRC
2012-03-10, 07:08 PM
Hm. I obviously don't know where to look then. HM... Well at least I got what I needed, thank you.

WickerNipple
2012-03-10, 08:44 PM
Feats:
Flail Expertise - Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium
Lashing Flail - Martial Power 2
Dragging Flail - Martial Power
Hindering Shield - Dragon 385
Repel Charge - PHB3
Battering Shield - PHB3

Common items for a Flail build:
Rushing Cleats - Adventurer's Vault
Staggering Weapon - Adventurer's Vault

Flail Expertise is the lynchpin. Everything else just augments that to some extent or another.