PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas

RandomNPC
2012-03-10, 05:01 PM
I'm looking for something thematic to challenge a player other than "Here's a bunch of opponents, 1 2 3 go!" But that's what the character is all about... Story time!

The party member in question is an unarmed sword sage, we'll call him Person A, who traveled with his teacher for a good number of years. Recently the party has run into an ogre who calls himself "The Bard" and he mentioned The Warrior. The idea of a person calling themselves the Warrior got interest, as there's only one caster in the group.

In a fight with a necromancer Person A got hit with blindness, and managed to land deathblows on the necromancer and two fighters, in the last three rounds of combat.

Going to a town to have the blindness removed, they run into the Bard, traveling with person A's old mentor, Master Dommic. Dommic want's a remove curse, and behind the scenes the Bard pays for Person A's remove blindness if he'll take extra money and offer Dommic a remove curse, explaining that Dommic doesn't want to owe the Bard anything.

So, spells are cast, Person A can see, and the first thing he sees is Master Dommic get his remove curse, and toss a belt of gender changing into the fireplace while becoming a woman. The Bard says "It is you! Welcome back Warrior!" and promptly slaps her backside. She promptly throws the (ogre) Bard into the fireplace (Yes I rolled for it, she trained the unarmed sword sage remember?) and nobody sees the party sneak pull the belt out of the fireplace before the Bard hits it. The Bard gets up and pats himself out while mumbling something about it "Being worth it." and they all wander out.

Due to player brain meltdown, the party spent some loot and we stopped there. I mean not only is your mentor secretly a woman, but an ogre just hit on her and gave up her identity as the Warrior.

tl;dr

Party member found some things out, old mentor changed gender and a horny ogre called her the Warrior, his brain melted and we called the game there.

Thing is the Bard, Warrior, and other "Adventurers" are getting old, and the titles actually mean something, they carry weight, and can only be passed from one adventurer to a new one, just calling yourself the Bard doesn't make you The Bard. Most of them are looking to retire at about the same time, and are looking for apprentices, I can tie most of the group to most of the adventurers no problem.

So here's what I need, The Warrior is already impressed with the Blind Sword Sage tale, but what kind of test should I toss at him to inherit the title of Warrior?

And for later on, what about the Bard?