PDA

View Full Version : Being an outsider (evil)

Aeryr
2012-03-10, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know of a way of becoming an evil outsider (so a character can qualify for fiend of...) with a template?

The only one I found was unholy scion which should work but with a LA +5, any other thoughts?

One of my (truly evil) characters is thinking of using fiends (of corruption and possession) as cohorts so just wanted to check some options.

dsmiles
2012-03-10, 06:22 PM
Well, there are rituals in the Savage Species that can do things like that.

Yuki Akuma
2012-03-10, 06:31 PM
Two ways I know of without simply being an Outsider [Evil] race:

Divine Disciple 5 changes you into an Outsider with an alignment subtype matching your deity. The main problem with this is that Divine Disciple requires 4th level divine spells to enter, so it can be tough to qualify early.

Then there's the Otherworldly regional feat from Player's Guide to Faerun, which changes your type to Outsider. Then, you can use a ritual from Savage Species to give yourself the [Evil] subtype.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-03-10, 06:37 PM
The lowest LA way is probably +0 LA Aasimar or Tiefling (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) (wait until level 9000 to spend a level on the rest of its abilities (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030824a)) with the Ritual of Alignment from Savage Species. Note however that the ritual is extremely expensive, so you may not be able to get a Fiend of- prestige class until a much later ECL.

The lowest ECL entry to the Fiend of's is either a Bladeling (MM2) Divine Minion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) of Sebek, or a Kaorti (FF). Kaorti have 2 HD and +2 LA, and being Outsider HD those grant a good Will save. Bladelings are +2 LA, 1 HD Outsider (Lawful) post-update, and your first class level replaces that racial HD. Divine Minion of Sebek is +1 LA and switches any current alignment subtypes you have to match your deity, so Outsider (Lawful) becomes Outsider (Evil). Note that Divine Minion only gives you the evil subtype if you already had an alignment subtype from another source. That's +3 LA, and you'll need to multiclass between a few classes that give good Will saves to qualify for any of those.

dsmiles
2012-03-10, 06:38 PM
Then there's the Otherworldly regional feat from Player's Guide to Faerun, which changes your type to Outsider. Then, you can use a ritual from Savage Species to give yourself the [Evil] subtype.
Aren't Tieflings Outsider (Native)? If so all you have to do is the ritual, and BAM! Instant Outsider (Evil, Native) with only a +1 LA, and no wasted feats. (I'm AFB, so I could be mistaken on the Tieflings type and subtype.)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-03-10, 06:57 PM
Aren't Tieflings Outsider (Native)? If so all you have to do is the ritual, and BAM! Instant Outsider (Evil, Native) with only a +1 LA, and no wasted feats. (I'm AFB, so I could be mistaken on the Tieflings type and subtype.)

This ritual requires a 7th-level cleric who has the appropriate alignment domain as one of his domains.
Ritual Cost: This ritual costs the subject 56,000 gold pieces and 2,240 XP.
Level Adjustment: +0.

You won't be able to afford this until ECL 11 at the very minimum. If you can't spend more than half your WBL on any one thing, then you're stuck waiting until 13th level to get this done. Besides that, I gave a link to a +0 LA version of both Aasimar and Tiefling which are still Outsider (Native).

Aeryr
2012-03-10, 07:08 PM
The ritual is good even if it might come late in game due to it's huge cost 56k.

Tiefling is outsider (native) so yeah alignment change should work.

Divine minion isn't "the wildshape as an 11th druid" template? If so it's probably going to be too cheesy. But the trick seems nice and it might be better than the ritual.

The character concept is a bard, gone into the exemplar class with perform (violin), who has sold his soul to a few powerful beings in order to be so good. Of course every buyer is not happy and is actively following him in order to get him killed and call dibs on his soul. ATM he has a Leanan Sidhe (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20020315a) as a follower and much probably a Lilitu (fiendish codex 1) as a cohort, I was trying to get the Leanan Sidhe to be an evil outsider but it's probably not going to happen, I might talk to the dm and see if the fey could get into fiend of corruption.

I'm going to check divine disciple but don't know if I'll find anything useful on that direction. Of course selling a soul to an elder evil or a lord of the abyss is still an option so I am going to check those directions.

Thanks for the help :smallsmile: