PDA

View Full Version : Bookmarking

henz90
2012-03-10, 09:49 PM
Sorry if this in the wrong category but does anyone know a way to bookmark this comic so that I' always being sent to the most recent page instead of going to one comic and clicking next?

NerfTW
2012-03-10, 09:57 PM
It's http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootslatest.html.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this (or any forum page), there's a link that says "latest comic". It's on that brown bar at the very bottom that says "Home/News - Shops: Ookoodook, CafePress - Latest Comic"

For some reason this isn't visible on any of the comic pages.

dtilque
2012-03-11, 02:14 AM
1. Create a shortcut to one of the OotS comics (doesn't matter which)
2. Edit the properties of that shortcut (right click on it and select "Properties")
3. Replace the url of that shortcut with http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootslatest.html

NerfTW
2012-03-11, 11:34 AM
1. Create a shortcut to one of the OotS comics (doesn't matter which)
2. Edit the properties of that shortcut (right click on it and select "Properties")
3. Replace the url of that shortcut with http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootslatest.html

Or, you know, it's far easier to just click the link at the bottom of this page OR use the one in my post. :smallconfused:

Or even better, since you put the link in your post as well, why wouldn't you just tell them to bookmark that link by right clicking and selecting "bookmark" this link?

AlaskaOOTSFan
2012-03-11, 08:03 PM
Or, you know, it's far easier to just click the link at the bottom of this page OR use the one in my post. :smallconfused:

Or even better, since you put the link in your post as well, why wouldn't you just tell them to bookmark that link by right clicking and selecting "bookmark" this link?

Extra effort builds character.

MyNameIsSecret
2012-03-11, 11:09 PM
Extra effort builds character.

And wastes time.

dtilque
2012-03-12, 01:51 AM

The OP wanted a bookmark in his browser. Neither of those links are in his browser

Actually, I only put a url in my post, not a link. But I didn't suggest "bookmark this link" because for some reason I never noticed that selection. But I noticed you didn't suggest it either, at least in your first answer.

River
2012-03-12, 04:46 AM
Aside of editing the bookmark, you could also subscribe to the rss feed. Unless there is some technical issue with the web browser you use, it should allow you access to the latest comic even if you hadn't viewed it before (and you'd actually see if there are any unread comics when looking at the feed) without need for opening pages. There is a link at the bottom of the "Comics" section that leads to the channel preview and you can also subscribe from there.