PDA

View Full Version : Item Familiar, any lvl2 spell 3/day, suggestions pls

Bloodgruve
2012-03-11, 12:59 PM
Hola Playgrounders,

So I have an Item Familiar. I'm ready to give it a lesser power and have the option of adding a max lvl2 spell 3/day for GP cost. I get my choice and I'm looking for suggestions.

My Item Familiar is a Gnomish Quickrazor +1 w/Warning enchantment. Equipped on my Iaijutsu Focus Factotum 10/ Swordsage 1 Dark Creature templated Whisper Gnome... My top skills are Hide/MS, Bluff, IF, and Tumble with 1 rank in most everything else. I'm sorta the Face of the group even though we have a bard, but he's not real quick on his feet in social situations :P

In combat I'm using my HiPS to give Flat Footed to my target for IF among many other tricks. My first inclination is to grab Veil of Shadows or Wraith Strike 3/day but IDK if that is the right choice. I really like having a lot of options in and out of combat. I'm also interested in a contingency to get out of bad situations.

What max lvl2 spell would you grab in this situation?

TYVM
Blood~

Slipperychicken
2012-03-11, 01:27 PM
Wraithstrike would let you hit stuff better (and harder if you have Power Attack). I'd go with it, because you can pop it, then spam Cunning Surge in the nova round. Flat-footed-Touch AC is a joke, so PA away of you have it.

I find Detect Thoughts to be fun. Useful if the DM preps notes in advance. Even more so if you don't have to concentrate on it. See if you can get combat buffs out of it too, from being able to foresee enemies moves.

Toliudar
2012-03-11, 01:30 PM
Alter Self is generically useful in a wide range of circumstances, and also helps in some of those social situations.

Andion Isurand
2012-03-11, 03:13 PM
perhaps Create Magic Tattoo... for a +6 competence bonus to attack rolls for the day.

Edit: oops, nm

Randomguy
2012-03-11, 03:18 PM
Wings of cover. When you REALLY don't want that attack to hit.

You'd need to use create magic tattoo twice just for a +3 bonus to attack rolls. Bonuses of the same type don't stack. You can use that with your factotum spells, anyway.

Bloodgruve
2012-03-11, 03:54 PM
I'm considering Alter Self. Wings of Cover is interesting but I'm most interested in concealment/cover to kick off HiPS. I'm running with an Inspire Courage bard so my +hit isn't a terrible concern currently, but I like Wraith Strike to take the bbe down quickly.

TY for the input, keep um coming.

Blood~