PDA

View Full Version : Ex-clerics and domain feats

Akto
2012-03-11, 02:10 PM
If you as a cleric choose to give up your domains in exchange for devotion feats (like knowledge devotion) would you lose these benefits aswell if you become an ex-cleric, the rules doesn't say exactly, atleast i think it detemines how you read the rules about ex-clerics

Marnath
2012-03-11, 02:54 PM
I don't think you'd lose them since they're feats. You would probably not get to choose new domains from your next god though.

Snowbluff
2012-03-11, 06:56 PM
I don't think you'd lose them since they're feats. You would probably not get to choose new domains from your next god though.

ERARGH! Abuse incoming! Inb4 that happens, I'd rule that you lose the corresponding Domain feats after you find a new god (cuz the old one gave you lemons).

Marnath
2012-03-11, 06:57 PM
ERARGH! Abuse incoming! Inb4 that happens, I'd rule that you lose the corresponding Domain feats after you find a new god (cuz the old one gave you lemons).

What abuse? :smallconfused:

Snowbluff
2012-03-11, 07:27 PM
What abuse? :smallconfused:

"I worship So-and-So, God of Examples, grabbing 2 Domain feats instead of Domains. Woops! I don't like worshiping him, I'll Worship Boccob instead now, picking up Knowledge Devotion. You know what Boccob? I'm sick of your Wizards, now Ilneval on the other hand, I've been eying your Planning Domain..."

Marnath
2012-03-11, 07:38 PM
"I worship So-and-So, God of Examples, grabbing 2 Domain feats instead of Domains. Woops! I don't like worshiping him, I'll Worship Boccob instead now, picking up Knowledge Devotion. You know what Boccob? I'm sick of your Wizards, now Ilneval on the other hand, I've been eying your Planning Domain..."

I see, so you're completely ignoring the part where I suggested that you would not get new domains. That explains your confusion. It would be abusive if I had suggested what you think I suggested, it's true. :smallwink:

Snowbluff
2012-03-11, 08:02 PM
I see, so you're completely ignoring the part where I suggested that you would not get new domains. That explains your confusion. It would be abusive if I had suggested what you think I suggested, it's true. :smallwink:

OKay then, so the rule is "New God, New Feats/Domains Replace old ones?'

Akto
2012-03-12, 07:46 AM
Well that reading would fit very well with what i wanted to use it for which was ex-cleric/Fighter2/Something2/Ur-priest

With that build this would be a very favoruoble reading of it as i don't get a new God, and still fluffwise say "F*** you" to the gods by using powers i am "stealing"

And talking about abuse, maybe a little bit ;)

Acanous
2012-03-12, 07:55 AM
He worships Cave Johnson?