PDA

View Full Version : Things from #276 I didn't realize that have some merit now

silvadel
2012-03-11, 02:33 PM
Dearest Kraggor -- your brave sacrifice will not be forgotten... by Lirian....

Actually I'm pretty sure that's exactly what will happen Isn't that right Soon -- by Girard...

---

It makes me wonder if Dorukan wanted Kraagor out of the way with regard to Lirian....

It also shows a lot of interplay between Soon and Girard -- and shows just how deeply he distrusted paladins...

#237 also shows the gates themselves.

Also it shows that it was more a Soon vs Dorukan and Girard thing -- that those two were on the same side.

-----------

Question: Did they add any crayon substrips to the Aint no cure for the paladin blues book?

Porthos
2012-03-11, 02:40 PM

Actually I'm pretty sure that's exactly what will happen Isn't that right Soon -- by Girard...

---

It makes me wonder if Dorukan wanted Kraagor out of the way with regard to Lirian....

I suspect it is nothing more than Soon has already discussed his plans for making sure the world forgets/never finds out that The Rifts ever existed.

Girard is grousing that Kraagor's sacrifice will indeed be forgotten, since no one outside of these tight knit groups will ever know about it.

Question: Did they add any crayon substrips to the Aint no cure for the paladin blues book?

Nope. Though...

In Start of Darkness as part of Redcloak's talking about the History of the Crimson Mantle, we get a couple of looks at the Order of the Scribble in Crayon Days.

Ron Miel
2012-03-11, 08:02 PM
I always thought that Girard was actually advocating keeping the matter a secret.

Porthos
2012-03-11, 09:37 PM
I always thought that Girard was actually advocating keeping the matter a secret.

Possibly. But he doesn't exactly look very happy with Soon at that time. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html)

Since he was already PO'ed at Soon for what went down at Kraagor's Rift, he might be giving him an Evil Eye for the whole Keep The Gates A Secret project, even if he agreed with (parts of) it.

rbetieh
2012-03-11, 09:40 PM
Maybe Kragor was The Foil (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0819.html). I'm pretty sure that Girard was the jack of all trades. Maybe Soon treated Kragor like Roy treats Belkar.

KillianHawkeye
2012-03-11, 11:18 PM

---

Are you suggesting that there was something going on between Lirian and Kraagor? Because I really don't think there's any evidence of that. I think Lirian was simply saddened that a trusted friend and ally had been killed.

silvadel
2012-03-12, 01:19 AM
Are you suggesting that there was something going on between Lirian and Kraagor? Because I really don't think there's any evidence of that. I think Lirian was simply saddened that a trusted friend and ally had been killed.

Yep I am insinuating that it is possible that Lirian had at least a deep enough attachment to Kraagor that it stymied Durokon's advances towards Lirian...

It could have been fatherly -- It could have been something else -- but whatever it was I think it stood in Durokon's way.

ti'esar
2012-03-12, 01:23 AM
Yep I am insinuating that it is possible that Lirian had at least a deep enough attachment to Kraagor that it stymied Durokon's advances towards Lirian...

It could have been fatherly -- It could have been something else -- but whatever it was I think it stood in Durokon's way.

But where are you getting this idea from? I thought that Thanh/Niu thing that popped up when the former died was a ridiculous bit of misreading, but there was at least something there to be misread. Nothing in 276 - or anywhere else that I've seen - implies that Durokan had something against Kraagor. If anything, the fact that he sided with Girard in the split suggests the opposite.

KillianHawkeye
2012-03-12, 08:00 AM
Yeah, as wild theories go, this simply has no evidence to support it.

Gift Jeraff
2012-03-12, 11:43 AM
Maybe Kragor was The Foil (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0819.html). I'm pretty sure that Girard was the jack of all trades. Maybe Soon treated Kragor like Roy treats Belkar.I think going by that, Kraagor is the "fighter" (non-magical warrior), Soon is the "jack-of-all-trades" (warrior + magic), and Girard is the foil. The fighter doesn't have to be the leader--after all, Tarquin thinks the jack-of-all-trades is the leader of the OOTS and knows that the jack-of-all-trades is the leader of the Linear Guild.

martianmister
2012-03-12, 11:45 AM
Serini could be Jack-of-all-trades. She's the one who look like like these things.

rbetieh
2012-03-12, 11:51 AM
I think going by that, Kraagor is the "fighter" (non-magical warrior), Soon is the "jack-of-all-trades" (warrior + magic), and Girard is the foil. The fighter doesn't have to be the leader--after all, Tarquin thinks the jack-of-all-trades is the leader of the OOTS and knows that the jack-of-all-trades is the leader of the Linear Guild.

The other option was Soon is the Foil to a Chaotic party. After all 4 of the 5 broke their oaths. Liriam spent time with Dorukan, Serini kept in touch with Girard. Soon made new friends.