PDA

View Full Version : Protecting your Astral Seed

Illithilich
2012-03-11, 04:07 PM
So, I was going through the Expanded Psionics Handbook trying to find ways to cheat death. Astral seed seems perfect, it even solves the problem of aging (just kill youself before you die of age, you come back in you young body). All I need are ways to protect it. The first thing that came to mind was to craft a Psion Killer and give the seed to it to protect. I haven't really used psionics much, so what else is there to protect it?

Chronos
2012-03-11, 06:25 PM
Isn't this just the same problem as protecting a lich's phylactery?

Urpriest
2012-03-11, 06:28 PM
Isn't this just the same problem as protecting a lich's phylactery?

Sort of, but psionics lacks a lot of the long-duration defensive stuff that spells have.

Still, you've got Genesis.

Flickerdart
2012-03-11, 06:33 PM
Like most planes, the Astral is infinite. You can just cast your seed to the winds and chances are nobody will find it unless they're targeting it specifically, and maybe not even then (giving directions in the Astral isn't easy).

Edit: Oh, it isn't called that because it has to be on the Astral. Well, just keep it in your pocket, and when someone kills you, Mind Switch at them.

kardar233
2012-03-11, 06:49 PM
You're psionic and you're effectively looking at phylactery protection. The Dream of Metal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121334) is what you're looking for.

Particle_Man
2012-03-11, 10:14 PM
Astral Condom? :smallbiggrin: