PDA

View Full Version : The New Age Status Thread

ArlEammon
2012-03-11, 05:36 PM
Repost your characters in this thread along with spent acts and Creations, ceremonies used, etcetera.

Here's the OOC:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233932

slithas
2012-03-11, 05:53 PM
Name: Vordia
Domain: Storm (Rank 2), Wind (Rank 3), Beauty (Rank 2), Desire, Fertility
Abilities: Divine Charm, Elemental Purity; Air, Mass Euphoria, Combat Magic, Melee Expertise (Longsword), Lifegiver
Themes: Goddess of Desire, Mask of Beauty, Lady Fury

Description: Vordia is a stunningly beautiful woman, and she knows it. She has skin of an olive hue and copper hair that hangs loosely around her shoulders and down her back, and piercingly stunning emerald eyes. She almost always has a look of temptation in her eyes or on her lips, as though she is taunting one who views her to try and take her. However, she is quite playful; always wanting people to desire something more, because she feels it makes it a far better experience when they get it. She applies this to almost everything, from courting to trade to knowledge.

Most things she seems to take rather lightly, going along with it out of amusement or simple interest on what will happen next. If she takes something seriously though, her whole demeanour changes, and she becomes almost solely focused on it, putting anything she considers to be a petty matter aside for the time being. And if someone is so unlucky as to be the subject of her ire, she mercilessly targets them until they give, getting to a state that, like a storm, is loud, strong, and fearful.

Her tactics aren't ever entirely straight forward or simple. She often has an ulterior motive for something that seems simple, normally to her benefit, but only ever a hindrance to someone she is targeting already, as she doesn't like the be the instigator of rivalries. She won't just try to beat someone up because they angered her (though it shouldn't be put past her to), she'll target them where they are weakest or feel it the most. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and Vordia is the worst of them.

Creations
Vierians, a race of winged, beautiful humanoids
Astra, the City in the Clouds
Ventralis, the Tower City in the Skies of the West
Skyvillages, Villages built upon the Skylands
Skylands, floating sections of earth from many different climates
Skyseeds, harvestable plants that grow in clouds
Aeromancy, magic of the winds
Ring of Reality, alerts to illusions and unravellings in the fabric of reality
Roseblade, an elegant longsword that can break into wind-controlled razor-sharp rose petals

Blessed peoples
City of Astra (x2)
City of Ventralis
Skylands (x2)
The 6 Heralds of Vordia (lv 6)
Eshar, Prime of Astra (lv 13)
Hariin, Prime of Ventralis (lv 13)

Remaining acts:
Major:2
Minor:2
Ceremonies:2

Madara
2012-03-11, 05:54 PM
http://images.wikia.com/fma/images/7/71/Number23.JPG

Name: Gethane, The Shifting Stone
Domain: Earth 2, Metal, Lunacy
Abilities: Elemental Mastery(Earth), Warding Magic
Themes: Patient Tactician, Neutral Voice, Order Keeper

Description: God of the forge? Posh, no. I am a Earthen Lord perhaps, but I will not be sitting inside some stuffy mountain making toys for mortals. True Earth shifts like water, but merely requires time for a change to be noticed. True Earth covers all, it supports life, and covers death. True Earth will provide what is necessary.

I am a reactive type. I do not go rushing into war, nor to I stand aside when there are difficulties. What I do has a greater purpose, I will "lose the battle but win the war". Personally, I don't mind loss. Time passes, and the Earth takes new form and falls apart, but it will always exist.

In order to allow life to flourish, it needs a place to grow. The Land will sustain whatever life others create. If there is war, the land can separate opposing sides and keep peace. My first followers would be peace keepers, I would teach them how to flourish and tame the land. They will learn many ways to protect themselves, like encasing themselves in stone, and forming walls of Earth. I will call them Terrans.

In true form, I am middle-aged. I have jade-colored eyes and Hair, my skin is rough like sand. I stand 6ft. tall, but I have a light build(130lb.). In the center of my chest is my "heart", it is a sapphire stone that is visible through my skin. Normally I take the form of a blonde middle-aged human. But recently, I am more energetic and look younger.
Actions so far..
We've had 4 turns= 12 Major, 12 Minor, and 4 Ceremonies

Major 13/18
1 Create Terrans
2 Create Magic type:Binding
1 Create Monster Race
1 Gain domain, Wood, which later is replaced by Metal
1 Increase Domain Strength: Earth to Earth II
1 Create Artifact:Gravis
2 Create Race:Sivam(metal guys)
1 Gain Domain:Lunacy
2 Create Magic type: Time
1 Increase Domain Strength Metal-> Metal II

Minor 9/18
1 Shape an area into a hilly region
1 Create Several Towns ontop of the hills.
1 Bless Population of New Race
1 Teach people a concept(magic)
1 regain power
1 Create Servant of Greater power, Harwin
1 Minor action to teach Camouflaging
2 Minor actions to raise a forest and some ponds
1 Minor action to create extinct flowers

Ceremony 3/6
1 Create Pantheon w/ Zilv
1 Add Kelvor to the Pantheon
1 See Western Presence from below ground.
1 Create Artifcact

blazinvire
2012-03-11, 06:54 PM
Name: Maia
Domain: Life 5, Wood, Earth, Artifice 2
Abilities: Lifegiver, Polymorphy, Nature Affinity, Sorcery: Healing, Item Creation, Formidable Artisan, Sorcery: Enchanting, Great Creator
Themes: Life Warden, Fertility Goddess, Arbiter
Description:
A woman of much integrity; Maia is very liberated, enlightened and confident in her opinions and beliefs, leading to a whole mess of possibly questionable things that she's able provide decent excuses for.
In a way, her elevated understanding makes her seem a little less human, as there are some aspects of humanity she completely abandons, and she has a greater appreciation of the grand scheme of things rather than the little details. Much in the same way a judge will remain impartial to many things in order to get a better view of the bigger picture.

Her appearance likewise takes a decidedly otherworldly turn as most of the time she doesn't appear to wear conventional clothes, more like tendrils of solidified light wound about her for adequate modesty. And her hair is positively voluminous and luminous, not just platinum blond but a real vivid white, and almost reaches her ankles. Though in contrast to her brilliant white hair, her skin is in the darker shades of mocha, and less in contrast is that her eyes are curiously silver, altogether completely an otherworldly visage.

Despite a somewhat detached and perhaps harsh view, Maia comes off as an incredibly gentle creature, though she might not be soft in all things which might keep one guessing, one would find it nigh-impossible picturing her harming something. That isn't to say she won't harm, and that she may be able to harm in choosing to do nothing with her powers in some scenarios.
It's like she'll help, but she won't bend the world for your sake unless she finds it necessary.
Asides from her gentleness, Maia's actually quite lax and isn't afraid to enjoy life, so overall she's hardly intimidating in any respect.

Mortal Form
Maia wears the form of a shepherdess of sorts, garbed in sturdy travelers' clothes, possessing shoulder-length, wavy, deep red hair, though her skin tone is still around dark mocha and her eyes are still silver.
She's picked up a trinket of a string of colored earthen beads with a small chunk of quartz on the end from Kirin, which she wears in her hair now.

Artifacts
Life Map - A smooth slate of clouded crystal with some gold edges that gives the location of all living things as little dots of light on its surface, and is able to change angles for an accurate 3D map. Shows terrain but not water, and can reach over a hundred miles.
Has the option to put static markers on the map and colour different lifeforms to keep track of them.
Treestaff - A small tree neatly in the shape of a staff with branches and roots, can grow nutritious fruit on demand and provides an excellent focus for natural magic. (Currently in the possession of Tree the Tree Mycket.)
Pristine Scarf - A powerful voluminous scarf of white silk and wool that guarantees the health of the wearer, making them immune to disease and illness as well as nearly all poisons; keeps the wearer at a comfortable temperature regardless of environment barring extremes, as well as providing significant resistance to aging, in turn dramatically increasing life span. Wearer also enjoys boosted recovery, turning a month into a week and a week into a day or so in terms of coalescence, and most minor injuries completely heal within the day.
Heaven's Wrath - Fundamentally a magic satellite, though not located in space it's still remarkably high in the sky that most birds can't reach it. Fires very powerful blasts of Life energy that can overload life forms, like giving them too much life for their physical forms to sustain, which causes them to destabilize and break down. Doesn't effect anything except Life energy, and the firing focus can be widened to instead shower Life energy down in weaker amounts that will instead promote life rather than overload it. The design includes a linked eye-piece device similar to the Life Map used for targeting.

Elerah, The Infinity Puzzle(In Construction) - A city-sized artifact device that can synchronize with magical constructions, whether accurately identifying how completed constructions work or how they are made or fine-tuning them by modifying the settings available once synchronized. However, the device is obscenely complicated, and learning how to properly alter or create magical constructions can take ages, and changing the settings alone takes quite awhile.

Created Life
Myckets - Pudgy ball creatures, two feet tall with two stumpy legs and a stumpy tail, small ears, an enormous mouth. Able to digest anything and possesses zero bone matter, making them amazingly squishy. Tends to mutate according to what it eats, so if it eats a lot of sheep it might start growing wool.
Elt - Spindly humanoid creatures constructed entirely of plant matter, muscles of vines and bones of wood, two fingers and a thumb on their hands, two toes out front and one at the back for their feet. They have broad and elongated heads yet no face, just sunken regions where the eyes would be. Able to converse on a telepathic/empathic level with their own kind.

Spellbook
Life
Lifespeak - The language of life, as it were; essentially grants the ability to converse on highly refined empathic level with anything living.
Life Sheath - A sacrificial barrier of energy, almost has the properties of flesh so it'll easily catch arrows and slow down swords, though increasing the strength or the layers will scale up the defense.
Emulation - Life energy envelopes the caster and forms into a creature that the caster has free control over, and for all tense and purposes that creature interacts with the world as though real. The entire creature doesn't need to be emulated either, so one can conjure enormous wings and ascend to the skies just like a bird.
Doppelganger - Quite simply a magical fabrication that mimics it's target in every way, though it's only able to copy mundane abilities so a doppelganger will never be able to cast magic and the like.
Life's Web - A spell that requires absurd amounts of preparation, as the caster essentially weaves a web of magic within which their control of their magic becomes razor sharp, as they're able to channel magic through the web to drastically increase range and efficiency of Life magic.
Genesis - Materialization of living lifeforms through mana and not Acts, though generally speaking even for a god, on demand at max power their limit would probably be a bunny or a handful of insects. A day's worth of effort might generate any life form the size of a bull that the caster has already previously encountered or has extensive knowledge of. Creating entirely new life forms would probably take several days if not weeks.

Acts
Major: 0/21
Up Domain: Life
Add Domain: Wood
Gain Ability: Nature Affinity
Create Artifact: Life Map
Create Monster Race: Mycket
Create Artifact: Treestaff
Gain Ability: Sorcery: Healing
Add Domain: Earth
Gain Ability: Item Creation
Create Artifact: Pristine Scarf
Gain Ability: Formidable Artisan
Gain Ability: Sorcery: Enchanting
Gain Domain: Artifice
Create Greater Artifact: Heaven's Wrath
Create Greater Artifact: Elerah, The Infinity Puzzle
Up Domain: Artifice
Gain Ability: Great Creator
Create Monster Race: Elt

Minor: 2/20
Raise a Mountain x3
Bless a Population x2
Create stacks of Iron Ingots
Bless the Earth
Upgrade Life Map
Upgrade Life Map Terrain
Upgrade Life Map Range
Create Vinewall Seeds
Create Supplied Workbench
Create Greater Servant: Tree the Tree Mycket
Create a City: Elerah Basilica/God's Workbench/The Infinity Puzzle
Create Leaf-Plating Seeds
Create Bow Seeds
Create Arrow Seeds
Teach a Population

Ceremony: 3/3

Zarae
2012-03-11, 08:26 PM
Name: Zilvtree Shadowdancer

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/onmission4christ/Fantasy/isilme.png

Nicknames: Lady Chaos; Mistress of Mischief
Domains: Shadow 6; Chaos 2; Thievery
Abilities: Reality Manipulation; Elemental Mastery; Divine Athletics; Polymorphy; Mightiest Athlete;
Description: The Shadowdancer is tall lean elven woman of dark flawless skin with sweeping hair that is always changing in color. her almond shaped eyes color according to her mood, but they are most often violet to maroon in color (and the only feature she cannot hide if disguised). She is beautiful, in a fey manor yet not overtly so but with a simple rugged beauty.
Often she wears dark clothing, fitting of one of stealth; but is not above wearing whatever fits her whim and favors dark reds, blues, purples, and blacks.
Personality: Zilvtree's nature makes her fickle and unpredictable with her fancies as fleeting as a desert rain. She is often easily bored becoming the well known trouble maker is truly is; this also makes sly, mischievous, and devious in fun ways. To everyone, she appears incapable of remaining still or concentrating on a single task for any extended period of time. Mostly, Lady Chaos enjoys causing trouble for its own sake, but her work is rarely either helpful or deadly. Sarcasm, jokes, and all round jesting often pepper her words, only to add to her double edged smirks.
When angered (by other deities in particular), she uses cool, subtle, deceptive and deadly ways to create havoc and damage however and where ever it will hurt the most. This will be one of the few times patience can be used to describe her. She will, one way or another, get her revenge. Zilvtree is fond of creatures of the night, like snakes, scorpions, bats, cats, spiders, ect and may often be seen with them in her place of residence or with her.

Actions: (major- dark red; minor- purple; ceremony- blue)
*altered race, more elvish like (so half elves?); they live in a mystic forest north of a mountain range.
*joined pantheon with Gethane
*gained domain: Chaos
*added ability: divine athletics- rogue/stealth oriented
*blessed land
*taught shadow magic
*formed realm (Olath Z'hin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12803519&postcount=64))
*Create lvl 14 servant (Inriia (http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/onmission4christ/Fantasy/werepanther.jpg))
*turned berries into Darkberries (made of shadow-stuff)
*upped domain: Shadow (rank 2)
*participated in 'heal' Gethane ceremony
*Created artifact: Disk of Night (http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/onmission4christ/Fantasy/chakram.jpg) (+5 returning Adamantine/Mithril Chakram)
*upped domain: Shadow (rank 3)
*add domain: Thievery
*turned mask into 'Helm of Disguise'
*added ability: Polymorphy
*up domain: Shadow (rank 4)
*create lvl 14 servant (Nilrae (http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/onmission4christ/Fantasy/yuanti.jpg))
*create 13 lvl 6 dark elven servants
*create lvl 14 servant (Zebeycyrl (http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/onmission4christ/Fantasy/sorceress.png))
*create 13 lvl 6 servants/spies
*upped domain: Shadow (rank 5)
*added ability: Mightiest Athlete.
*create artifact- Twisted Weave.
*make sias and cloak magical
*dimensional pocket: 'The Out'
*Create Artifact: Time of Troubles
*up domain: Shadow 6
*up domain: Chaos 2
*added ability: Ranged Weapons Expert

Spell Possibilities:
Shadow/Darkness, Chaos, Thievery-
Abolish Shadows
Animate Objects
Armor of Darkness
Augury
Chaos Hammer
Cheat
Claws of Darkness
Cloak of Chaos
Confusion
Control Darkness and Shadow
Damning Darkness
Dark Way
Darkbolt(v)
Darkfire
Darkness
Dead End
Deeper Darkness
Detect Secret Doors
Discern Location
Disguise Self, Unravel
Dispel Law
Divination
Dream Image
False Vision
Ice Assassin
Insanity
Invisibility,
Knock
Magic Circle against Law
Mislead, Fool's Emerald
Modify Memory
Net of Shadows
Nightmares
Nightshield
Nondetection,
Obscure Object
Obscuring Mist
Phantasmal Thief
Polymorph Any Object
Power Word, Blind
Power Word, Kill
Project Alternate Image
Project Image
Project Multiple Images
Protection from Law
Prying Eyes
Rend Shadow Weave
Screen, Phantasmal Plague
Scrying
Shades
Shadow Arrow
Shadow Binding
Shadow Cache
Shadow Canopy
Shadow Conjuration, Greater
Shadow Curse
Shadow Dagger
Shadow Double
Shadow Evocation, Greater
Shadow Form
Shadow Guardians
Shadow Hand
Shadow Landscape
Shadow Mask
Shadow of the Dark Queen
Shadow Phase
Shadow Puppeteer
Shadow Radiance
Shadow Shield
Shadow Shroud
Shadow Spray
Shadow Tentacle, Greater
Shadow Trap
Shadow Walk
Shadow Well
Shadowfade
Shadowgloom
Shadowplay
Shadowy Grappler
Shatter
Simulacrum
Skull of Secrets
Skyrift
Soul of Shadow
Spectral Weapon
Sphere of Terror
Summon Monster
Time Stop
Triple Mask
Utterdark
Vanish
Veil of Shadow
Wall of Gloom
Weird
Word of Chaos

oddysen
2012-03-14, 04:04 AM
Name:Aldarin
Beginning Domain: Fire
Gained Domains:Creation, music, beauty, art. the sun
Beginning Abilities: Item Creation, World Alteration,
Gained Abilities:Divine inspiration, Elemental Mastery of Fire, Polymorphy, formidable artician, elemental mastery of wind, elemental mastery of water, elemental mastery of earth
Themes: Divine artist, Impulsive god.
Description: Aldarin is a lover of beautiful things and of life, but he can be inattentive at times. He may form a mountain range unsurpassed in it's beauty, to leave the nearby farmland barren and not notice the consequences before his subjects pray for the return of their crops. He is at heart a caring god, but often overlooks the subtle nature of things. While he cares for all, he cares for art first, his subjects second, and his fellow gods third. This is not to say he is uncaring towards even simple life, just that he knows his priorities.

Symbol:Seven spokes originating from a common centre, each ending in a curve towards the right that takes up about three quarter of the distance between it and the next one and all the curves fitting as segments of the same circle, whose centre is the same as the origin of the spokes.

Religious guidelines:Piety and art are the two main parts of Aldarin's religious philosophy. He expects all his subjects to stay true in their belief in him, as he stays devoted to them. He has also given them his greatest gift, the part of life that is its meaning, the creation of art. At first think only of art as visual beauty, he has come to embrace all forms of beauty, even the beauty of words and it is viewed in his society to be the highest call to be a artist and all other path of life are viewed as inferior.

Acts:
Major:2
Minor:5
Ceremony:1

*Altered humans: (A philosophic fire people of high intelligence, mainly consisting of various kinds of artists.)
*Created a city for them.
*Created seven servants to work as agents/priests among his people
*Gained Divine Inspiration
*Created a waterfall and made the lands near the city prosperous.
*Created a sanctum.
*Thought his people how to make proper art.
*Gained elemental mastery of fire.
*Made artefact for Vordia.
*Participated in 'heal' Gethane ceremony
*Gained Polymorph
*Gained domain creation.
*Blessed populace.
*increased magic skill
*1 Major act: Added domain:music.
*1 Major act and 1 minor act:Created artefact:Formless instrument
*1 minor act:blessed population.
*1 ceremony:ring of reality.
*1 major act:add ability:Formidable Artician
*1 ceremony:roseblade
*1 major act:add domain:beauty
*1 major act:add ability:elemental mastery of wind
*1 ceremony:Musical Cords
*2 major acts:create magic branch, anchorage
*1 major act:add domain: art
*1 major acts:add ability:elemental mastery of water
*1 major act:add abity: elemental mastery of earth
*3 minor acts:grant minor immortality to three NPCs
*1 add doamin:the sun

details:

Artefacts:
Vordia's Amulet:
A amulet that physically alters the features of the wielder to be more pleasing in addition to giving them a divine spark to their beauty.
Formless instrument:
A ring able to change into any instrument, also giving knowledge of how to play said instrument to user as long as it is in that shape and in the possession of the user. While not granting supernatural abilities itself, it enhances those related to music the wielder already posses.
Ring of reality:
A ring that slightly upsets the wielders resonance, making anything not of "reality" a disharmony and thus discernible form reality. In short makes the wielder immune to illusions.
Roseblade:
An elegant longsword, taking the shape of a armband, and possessing the ability to into razor-sharp rose petals that flows upon the winds.
Musical Cords:
Four rings with a magical connection between them, able to form razor cords trough this link. The strings posses power of both wind and fire and they are both incredibly sturdy and insanely sharp and move fluidly to the wielders tune.

Magic:
Divine Magic:
Fire:
Spark style:The skill to use a control and a small amount of fire to good effect. This can be things like carving wood, baking bread, fixating colour to items, harden clay or keep the temperature of a forge just right. Mostly used by those most attuned to the arts.
Blast style:The skill to use power and the volatile and wild sides of fire to create offensive or defensive magic. This can be things like the simple fireball or making wall of fire. This magic is wild and somewhat unpredictable, and not very precise. Used by those attuned to the wild side of fire.
Inferno style:Usable only by those attuned to both the spark style and the blast style, this magic, in addition to being both powerful and precise, allows for unique magical effects as well.
Creation:
Material style:The easiest creation magic is in some aspects not true creation as it uses something already there as the base, but can be quite versatile still.
Spiritual style:Almost true creation, this style uses spiritual energy to create things seemingly out of thin air. This is a slower process than Manipulation, and requires more than just faith to use.
Divine style:So close to true creation the distinction is almost meaningless. This style is very similar to the spiritual style, but is purely a divine branch of magic. Instead of using spiritual energy, the users use the divine magic as both tool and material, forging it into what they desire. Only the most devoted may dream of mastering this style.
Music:
Perception style:Music affecting the minds of the victims, creating illusions, changing their mood or otherwise influence them. This is the most primal musical magic, but does not affect those who can not hear the music.
Sensation style:Using music to create pure magical effects, possibly imitating other branches of magic or enhancing them if the user is proficient in both. This type of magic gives "A song of Fire and Ice" new meaning.
Music:
Perception style:Music affecting the minds of the victims, creating illusions, changing their mood or otherwise influence them. This is the most primal musical magic, but does not affect those who can not hear the music.
Sensation style:Using music to create pure magical effects, possibly imitating other branches of magic or enhancing them if the user is proficient in both. This type of magic gives "A song of Fire and Ice" new meaning.
Beauty:
Blessed style:This is one of the few branches of magic that is truly passive. Those devoted to by their deity and to beauty, might find it easier to create things of beauty, or find themselves more beautiful, most users of this magic is unaware of doing so, and the effects are non-magical and permanent.
Illusion style:This branch of magic uses divine magic to create wonderful images, and may make things appear more beautiful than they in reality are. Even though this style is called illusion style, its illusions are incredibly limited and this branch of magic holds almost no meaning.
Art:TBA
Arcane Magic:
Original Magic:
Anchorage Magic:This magic was developed to hinder teleportation, but holds a wider area of usage. Even from a magical viewpoint, this magic can be confusing, and its greatest drawback is that it is totally undiscriminating. it affects a area, and everything in that area is affected in exactly the same way, and shaping this area into non-spherical shapes can be difficult. Especially shaping beyond compressing one of the dimensions to create a cylinder shape, which in some cases can be energy conserving as a larger area can be covered with less volume. Anchorage magic's base effect hinder all forms of teleportation to occur within its area of effect, whether it is to or from said area, to describe this in detail is complicated(especially since most of my explanation is visual), but can be approximated by saying that the are of effect is solidified. To non magical creatures (non deities with lacking magic affinity or knowledge) such a area is undistinguishable from a normal area, but can be detected by magical creatures with different levels of ease depending upon their nature and attentiveness(gods auto succeeds). Any manipulation beyond the basic effect is more demanding, both in the energy and skill needed. This includes things like allowing one way teleportation, achieving secondary effects, or maintain secondary effect without applying the primary effect. Secondary effects can range from providing a impenetrable physical barrier, allowing a area to appear smaller than it is (for example hiding a castle in a rock) and in possibly even creating a anti magic zone, along with several unmentioned examples.

meaningless details

Alexis is slightly taller than the norm, and has a aura of authority. She is the first to have mastered both the blast style and the spark style, and holds an impressive amount of power. Her strict discipline and natural abilities as a leader have often led people to believe she is a cold woman, but she also posses a calm and artistic side, accounting in part for her dual power.Does no longer age

Allan is a carefree person, a free spirit. While he is diligent in his studies, he is so mostly out of genuine interest than of any feeling of responsibility. He is considered somewhat of a prodigy, being the youngest to achieve the status of a artist and mastering a wide range of magic with the spark, spiritual and perception styles. Still a childish and playful person, his art sometimes interferers with the calm of society. Does no longer age.

Violet loves nature and its sounds and is a generally cherry person. In her early years, it was thought that she would amount to little, as she preformed far bellow par in all artistic endeavours. But after the discovery of the violin, which is even named after her, she turned out to be a true prodigy, now the most known musical artist of her generation and the most powerful sensation style magician.Does no longer age

Madara
2012-03-15, 05:42 PM
Details...Details

New*
Coming Soon

Races:
Terrans: Humans altered to have more stamina and less dexterity. They use binding magic and Earth Magic from Gethane. A select few also worship Zilvtree. They live in cities like Kirin, and towns. All of which are protected by large stone walls.

Ferrus: A race made from a new metal alloy, they have many properties, which include high strength, durability, and the ability to change their appearance into a humanoid race they are familiar with. They have been tasked to 'Protect', and decided to form four groups. They lack to ability to reproduce, and have to have more created. There are only 300 currently in existence.
15 Ars: They run the organization of Ferrus. Its their job to assign tasks to certain people, as well as act as a governing body.
170 Ventors: These are the hunters of the corrupt, such as criminals or tyrants. It's their job to hunt down evil, and kill it.
75 Nitrum:This group goes hand in hand with the Ventors, they take dead souls and cleanse them of their evil in the afterlife. If the crimes are severe enough, they will hand out punishment.
40 Servus:The Servus have no pre-assigned task to do, they simply take special orders from Gethane.

Artifact:Gravis
An artifact that changes the pull of gravity within an area of up to a mile, based on the strength of the wielder. I.E. a god gets full power and a mortal gets less. The stone's effect can be turned on and off, along with its ability to affect the wielder.

Binding Magic
The first magic to be created, binding magic reflects how power is stored inside of beings. Every person has binding magic already, it prevents them from using 100% of their energy at once(and dying).

Gethane teaches man this new binding magic. It has three aspects:
1. Intra-Seal: Sealing an outside power within something to be accessed at a later point. Example: Sealing magic in a wand to be fired later
2. Inter-Seal: Placing a seal on something else that prevents the target from accessing a certain power.
3. Barrier-Sealing: The only physical seal, barrier sealing prevents access to a location. In essence, it creates boundries. Example: Creating a Seal that only certain people can enter a village without breaking the seal.

Use: All Binding magic requires a symbol, and usually takes more time than other magics. Binding magic also can be broken through either sheer force, or other magic.

His Granted Magic:Earth
Not fueled by any mana of any sort, this magic is limited merely by faith and skill. Gethane grants his followers the ability to move all types of stone and earth. This includes anything from classic stone to the desert sands. The skill in his follower may vary between earth types, and several styles have been created.

Earth Styles:Sand
This is the art most true to Gethane. Sand manipulation requires a certain flow. There is no start/stop action, nor any "casting". The sand is constantly flowing. Sand manipulation is known for its swift movements, allowing far more flexibility than the other styles.

These manipulators carry around small amounts of sand which they have either infused themselves, or paid for the sealing of extra energy using Binding Magic. This makes the sand lighter, and faster, but also stronger.

The sand is contracted by the Manipulator's will, and can be split just like normal sand. However, it only takes a moment for the Manipulator to re-form the shape.
Earth Styles: Stone
Cold and Hard. While not the most favored manipulation of Gethane, his people have taken to it the most. It requires patience, and strong movements. Because Stone moves slowly, it usually requires preparation to be effective and is better off being used as a defense. Some of the most creative uses involve encasing themselves in stone as an Armor, and burrowing underground.

This is also a more practical manipulation, as the people use it to build walls, and buildings. The majority of Terrans know this type of manipulation.
Earth Styles:Clay

Earth Styles: Gemstones and other precious rocks

Earth Styles: Glass

Granted Magic:Metal
Gethane has just recently gained the ability to manipulate and use all types of metal. As a domain, it is very likely that some of his people will start to be able to manipulate metal. Harwin, the First Sand Guardian, discovered Metal Manipulation soon after Gethane created the Capital city. Because the people lack much metal, its expensive, and uncommon.

Metal Style: Iron Shavings
In this form of metal manipulation, the very first, the manipulator treats small shavings of metal like sand. The magic form is very similar, but metal weighs more, so it is used in less quantity. Harwin, the strongest Metal manipulator can only use up to 2 cubic feet of iron shavings, which he mixes in with his sand.

Because of its make-up, the Iron Shavings are just as fast as the sand, and can be used effectively without much preparation.

Zarae
2012-04-01, 04:01 PM
Olath Z'hin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12803519&postcount=64):

Zilvtree's realm that runs parallel with material plane (think shadow plane of D&D)

Regions-
V'dri meadow
small crumbling ruin in an open meadow, the only entrance and exit to the realm. the area is extremely dark and dreary, filled with pure shadow energy. Staying too long here, drains ones energy causing induced sleep. Once asleep, one may only be awoken by certain magics.
Renor Taur (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12983811&postcount=216)
general name to the forest and lands.
divided into 4 basic areas.
P'luin Dro(faithful dead)
good/neutral dead- Bwael Elghinyrr
bad dead- Myar Elghinyrr
Uoi'nota (unfaithful/false dead; but not those who completely change worship, these never enter the realm.)
empty void; dwellers are eventually driven insane as their bodies change to become part of Uoi'nota or totally obedient shades
Lith My'ather
a fortress of obsidian; veins of tiger's eye and mithril course thru the stone like a spider web. inside is a maze of ever-changing floors and walls magically shifting like a puzzle house on its 20 cup of caffeine, including every imaginable trap. Half of the corridors are dead ends, nothing to them except to be there or hold some art within. without a guide or knowledge, one would not only get lost, but set off nearly every trap. the castle is lavishly decorated with murals and other art work in the corridors and rooms, carved statues of precious stones stand beside each door like silent guardians or the antechamber; asymmetrical geometric designs and a wide range of color among curtains and anything fabric. gems refract soft glowing lights of an unknown source like a luminescence. A deep crimson rug runs down the center of the hall. the few windows in the place are filled with random pattern stain glass, and protected with magical wards. rooms include all typically found in any castle- dinning hall, kitchen, courtyard, multiple guest bedchambers including bathrooms, training rooms, places of work, ect. the whole place is a mingle of smells: delicious fresh foods, flowery scents, and incense. the entire place is furnished with comforts and well stocked, including a menagerie of nocturnal animals.
her personal quarters include- a canopy bed, tables on each side, cluttered desk and bookshelves all around. in the far back is the open path to the washroom, the only door a beaded curtain.
A deep mist surrounds the structure rising up from the moat of dark water adding to the mystery. the drop bridge is the only way safe way across. the 10 foot wide moat contains strange and dangerous creatures and an unknown depth. the shore holds more of the exotic plants who are alive enough to serve as guards.

--------------------------------------------------

Dogma: Bring change and excitement where ever you go be it for good or ill. Live on the edge in a constant state of self-reinvention. Thrive to puncture the self-righteousness, sanctimony, and pretension that pervades orderly society with mischievous actions that both amuse and enlighten. enjoy causing trouble for its own sake.

Other teachings: using whatever you can, have the ability to take care of yourselves should things prove to be deadly or go awry. Inspire laughter and happiness, giddy silliness, and welcome release from care so that the routine of day-to-day existence does not become worn so deep that it grinds all the joy from life. Celebrate the spontaneous.
Be deadly-romantic in your charm and subtlety of skill. Brave and yet flighty. Be champions of field and modest in ability. Those who underestimate you court the surety of becoming the victim to an amusing, well thought, elaborate hoax or plan that could end up costing them and being at your cost.

Symbol:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/onmission4christ/stuff%20not%20sepcified/symbol.jpg

NM020110
2012-04-06, 11:29 PM
Name: Darlin

Epithets: The Ancient One, Lord of the Shifting Currents, Grimoire Heart

Domains: Water, Knowledge

Abilities: Elemental Master (water), Item Creation

Theme: The Elder Librarian (magic, knowledge, elementalism)
Background:
It is said that in the past, mages of great power walked the earth. It's not certain what made them stop; perhaps a war, or possibly some catastrophe. It would appear, however, that one of them has come back to this world, awakening within the shifting currents of the ocean.

Major acts used: 3
Gain Domain: Knowledge
Create Race: Illithidae

Major acts available: 0

Minor acts used: 3
Create City: The Halls of Knowledge
Shape Land: The Caverns of Contemplation
Bless Population: Illithidae

Minor acts available: 0

Ceremonies used: 1
Help Gethane to cast a limited version of one of the Spells of the Moon. (Moon Sign: Boundary of Flesh and Spirit)

Ceremonies available: 0

Races:
Humans

Darlen holds a distaste for humans, and does not feel that they are intelligent enough to conduct thought at a sufficiently high level for true magecraft.

Illithidae

A parasitic race which Darlen has created, these beings come a fair bit closer to Darlin's requisite level of thought. They feed upon the humans dwelling above their cavern systems.

As of yet, they still lack a guiding force; a situation which Darlen intends to rectify as soon as possible.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-04-07, 01:38 AM
Name: Kelvor; The Shifter, The Fanged One, He of Many Faces
Domain:Wolf, Nature
Abilities:Bloodlust, Polymorphy
Theme: Werewolf, Balance, Nature
Description: Kelvor is a god of the primal side of nature. He usually takes the form of a young man with golden eyes. He is loyal, ferociously protective, and honest to a fault. He believes in fairness and balance. As the moon is balanced by the sun, and the earth is balanced by the ocean, so should light be balanced by dark. Capable of unbound ferocity and unrestrained bloodshed, but balances it with moderation and forethought before commiting to battle. Would prefer a peaceful solution to a violent one but believes that if you must strike, strike hard so that the conflict is ended quickly.

He is quick to laugh and a generally happy being, who would befriend any who would accept him.

I'm thinking of a werewolf person, but instead of just the violence we see in most media, adding in the happiness and loyalty of dogs, and the intelligence and philosphical abilities of man. :smalltongue:

Major Acts
Created the Touched, a werewolf type race with unmatched strength and battle prowess that look like monsters and must strive for control of their own mind.

Created the Feral, a monster race. When the Touched lose the battle against their inner beast they become mindless killing machines, obsessed with violence and consumed by bloodlust.

Gain divine athletics

Created druidic magic

Gain conflict domain

gain ability melee expertise (natural weapons)
Minor Acts

Created a valley to contain the orginal Ferals, but current Touched could turn at anytime outside of the valley.

Spread the philosophy of order

Ceremonies
Joined Pantheon with Gethane

Created the scying device in the west

2 major, 5 minor, 1 ceremony

Eric Scott
2012-04-12, 06:38 PM
Name: Mathayus
Domain: Scorpions
Abilities: Battle Magic, Melee Expertise (Greatsword)
Themes: Scorpion King
Description: Mathayus is feels most at home in the desert. He is unmatched by any mortal in his ability with a sword. With the ability to cast devastating magic and swing a sword, he is either a valuable ally or a dangerous enemy.

MAJOR ACTS: (1 left)
Created scorpionfolk race

MINOR ACTS: (1 left)
Created city
Blessed city

CEREMONIES: (1 left)
None... yet.