PDA

View Full Version : MitD Official Name Change

Bongos
2012-03-11, 11:27 PM
To Thing in the Shadows (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0833.html). You know, for the acronym. :smallwink:

Gift Jeraff
2012-03-11, 11:45 PM
Hey TOotS, meet TitS.

Starscream
2012-03-11, 11:50 PM
So Todd in the Shadows from TGWTG is actually :mitd:?

Can't be. :mitd: doesn't like girls, so no way he'd stalk Obscurus Lupa.

weeping eagle
2012-03-12, 01:02 AM
... really?

Bongos
2012-03-12, 01:08 AM
I put "OFFICIAL" in the thread title so, yes, really.......and it's in the comic...

martianmister
2012-03-12, 05:19 AM

Nah. MitD is better.

oppyu
2012-03-12, 05:35 AM
I prefer TitS. It makes me giggle.

Dr.Epic
2012-03-12, 06:26 AM
To Thing in the Shadows (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0833.html). You know, for the acronym. :smallwink:

I can see this is going to be a mature topic with no giggling or anything like that.:smallwink:

KillianHawkeye
2012-03-12, 07:58 AM
I'm more of a legs man, myself. :smallbiggrin:

oppyu
2012-03-12, 09:54 AM
Lad Embroiled in Gloomy Shadows

ThePhantasm
2012-03-12, 10:20 AM
I put "OFFICIAL" in the thread title so, yes, really.......and it's in the comic...

MiTD is also officially in the comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0828.html). If given a choice between acronyms I'd prefer the one that isn't offensive.

mfune
2012-03-12, 11:13 AM
Personally, I think the Beast Only Observable Behind Shadows has a nice ring to it.

Gift Jeraff
2012-03-12, 11:29 AM
Speaking of which, I'm always afraid that someone sees the URL and thinks this is a website for huge knockers.

martianmister
2012-03-12, 11:35 AM
What about "Person Enshrouded Nearly in Shadows"?

Winter
2012-03-12, 12:11 PM
MiTD is also officially in the comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0828.html). If given a choice between acronyms I'd prefer the one that isn't offensive.

I do not find Thing in the Shadow offensive but rather nice. As for the monster, it should stay MitD.

Mordokai
2012-03-12, 12:14 PM
I'm more of a legs man, myself. :smallbiggrin:

Hallelujah! Preach it brother!

zimmerwald1915
2012-03-12, 12:54 PM
What about "Person Encrusted Nearly in Shadows"?
The word you're looking for is "enshrouded".

Michaeler
2012-03-12, 02:16 PM
Given that it's hidden in shadows all the time and you can only see the light from its eyes, I propose:

Reclusive umbral-dwelling entity, with optical radiance detectable.

What do I win?

KoboldRevenge
2012-03-12, 02:50 PM
What about the Animal Surrounded in Shadow?

hee!

Speaking of which, I'm always afraid that someone sees the URL and thinks this is a website for huge knockers.

I concur, It should be named Giant Base Of Oots Benefit

Vinyadan
2012-03-12, 03:01 PM
Ambidestrous Shadowy Slapper.

You know, for the fight with Miko.

Goosefarble
2012-03-12, 03:47 PM
This Immature Thread Sucks.

Dracule Mihawk
2012-03-12, 05:33 PM
What about no?

I mean, "official", like you have any rights to how the MitD is called. And all for the sake of a moronic joke. Besides, if it's strip 833 all you have to back your claim then it's automatically countered by strip 828, that came before.

If anyone has the right to say how the MitD should be called that's Rich and no one else. And since he hasn't bothered to do that in the many years that the comic has been up I guess that it stays as Monster in the Darkness.

What will be next? Deciding what Xykon was named before he named himself like that and say that "it's the official name"? Come on.

ZerglingOne
2012-03-12, 05:49 PM
How about Fluffy? ^_^
/derailthread

Michaeler
2012-03-12, 05:55 PM
How about Fluffy? ^_^
/derailthread

Seconding Fluffy. It's better than my too-clever suggestion.

ZerglingOne
2012-03-12, 06:06 PM
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| -This thread is gross
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||0|o|||||||

note: I don't find this thread offensive, but I could see the MitD finding it icky. Haha.

Bongos
2012-03-12, 09:45 PM
...well we don't know that the thing in the shadows is actually a monster...

oppyu
2012-03-12, 11:55 PM
What about no?

I mean, "official", like you have any rights to how the MitD is called. And all for the sake of a moronic joke. Besides, if it's strip 833 all you have to back your claim then it's automatically countered by strip 828, that came before.

If anyone has the right to say how the MitD should be called that's Rich and no one else. And since he hasn't bothered to do that in the many years that the comic has been up I guess that it stays as Monster in the Darkness.

What will be next? Deciding what Xykon was named before he named himself like that and say that "it's the official name"? Come on.
How about Joke Thread, Chill Out, He's Still Known As MitD?

Acanous
2012-03-13, 04:00 AM
Fluffy is what we call the dark pet in CoH, so seconded.

Cizak
2012-03-13, 04:48 AM
What about no?

How about It's A Joke, Maybe You Should Take A Chill Pill And Not Be So Aggresive About Something That Was Clearly Meant For Laughs? IAJMYSTACPANBSAASTWCMFL for short.

martianmister
2012-03-13, 05:25 AM
The word you're looking for is "enshrouded".

Done and done. :smallwink:

Dracule Mihawk
2012-03-13, 01:46 PM
How about Joke Thread, Chill Out, He's Still Known As MitD?

How about It's A Joke, Maybe You Should Take A Chill Pill And Not Be So Aggresive About Something That Was Clearly Meant For Laughs? IAJMYSTACPANBSAASTWCMFL for short.

I prefer better "If It Is A Joke Then The Official Part Of The Name Makes The Thread Confusing" or "It Is Still A Moronic Joke And Not Funny At All".

And I love how stating my opinion is me being agressive. You see, not everyone has to find the jokes funny, and just because I didn't and said that it's moronic I'm not being agressive. I just stated my points about why an "official name change" thread makes absolutely no sense at all. Don't feel attacked because in no way I attacked anyone here.