PDA

View Full Version : The IFCC knew

Feanor
2012-03-12, 09:58 AM
I was re-rereading the comic, and I realized that in strip 668, panel 4, the IFCC talk about the stunt with the dragons. i am beginning to think they know a lot more than we think.

oppyu
2012-03-12, 10:02 AM
I was re-rereading the comic, and I realized that in strip 668, panel 4, the IFCC talk about the stunt with the dragons. i am beginning to think they know a lot more than we think.
Well yes, they were watching when V used hir uber-magic to do that... they gave V the uber-magic s/he used to do that. Am I missing something here?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-03-12, 10:04 AM
They were supremly suprised about V using Familicide. I doubt they planned the event to get V to use it. But I do believe they saw its as a (low) possibilty and calculated the effects and saw it as a nice bonus if it happens. Or if they didn't see it coming at all (highly likely imho) they crunched the genetic numbers and found the full effects before we (the readers), and V did. That at the same time might be why Quarr and Sabine (and Z indirectly) acted the way they did in the previous battle.

RMS Oceanic
2012-03-12, 10:05 AM
I think he's implying, and he's not the first to say so, that the IFCC knew the Dragon V had angered was related to the Draketooth clan and so handed V a soul which would allow the inadvertant removal of the Gate's defences. There's some merit in the theory, but I don't think that was their primary goal, just a "If the elf ends up doing this, that's awesome, but the chief goal of getting Xykon moving again is good as well" type of reasoning.

Bengui
2012-03-12, 11:16 AM
I think he's implying, and he's not the first to say so, that the IFCC knew the Dragon V had angered was related to the Draketooth clan and so handed V a soul which would allow the inadvertant removal of the Gate's defences..

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0640.html

Look at their eyes in panel 7. To me, that's a "WTF just happened?!" look.

Spacewolf
2012-03-12, 11:21 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0640.html

Look at their eyes in panel 7. To me, that's a "WTF just happened?!" look.

It could equally be a holy hell we just hit the jackpot look, we still dont know their main goal with V, as attacking xykon was only a 84% chance and even afterwards they said that if V died it was all for nothing even though it would still have pushed xykon.

Winter
2012-03-12, 11:21 AM
Also, they admit they were kidding. They totally did not see this coming and much less planned with it.

Bengui
2012-03-12, 11:38 AM
It could equally be a holy hell we just hit the jackpot look, we still dont know their main goal with V, as attacking xykon was only a 84% chance and even afterwards they said that if V died it was all for nothing even though it would still have pushed xykon.

Seriously ? MitD's dumb eyes to express evil satisfaction ? I doubt it...

martianmister
2012-03-12, 11:41 AM
I thought they look shocked to see Familicide. And I still think same.

(how do i delete my posts ? -_-)

Edit > Delete Message > Delete this Message

:wink:

Spacewolf
2012-03-12, 12:08 PM
Seriously ? MitD's dumb eyes to express evil satisfaction ? I doubt it...

I never said satisfaction i said it would be like the luck someone who put £100 on an unkown goal £50 on fighting xykon and £1 on fcide and suddenly the £1 comes up and gives out 700/1 odds.