PDA

View Full Version : How do I post fanart?

MeanMrsMustard
2012-03-12, 04:09 PM
Hey, everyone. I like to draw, but I don't know how to transfer drawings I made on paper to the computer (and then to the Internet.) Is there anyone who can tell me how to do this? Thanks!

(Also, sorry if there's a better thread for this kind of thing.)

Dr.Epic
2012-03-12, 04:37 PM
Paper to computer: scanner or camera
computer to internet: several sites - photobucket, imageshack, blogger

that help?

Kaytara
2012-03-13, 07:04 AM
Imageshack is currently going through some funk - blocking some sites. I recently discovered imgur.com and it's been working well for me so far.

Concerning the paper-to-computer bit: I'm going to assume you don't have a scanner. Photographing drawings without destroying the quality is tricky. You need good, bright, even lighting, and preferably photograph with no flash. If you have a tripod or something else to set your camera on to keep it steady, do it. Even so,you'll probably need to do some minor editing (enhancing of contrast, sharpening, etc.) on the computer afterwards to make the pictures look presentable.

MeanMrsMustard
2012-03-13, 10:11 AM
Thanks, guys! We have a scanner, but I don't know how to use it. And my iPod camera screws up the quality. I'll just ask my mom. :smallsmile:

Elemental
2012-03-13, 11:08 AM
I for one, look forward to seeing your artwork.
I like to see what people who can actually draw come up with.

Dr.Epic
2012-03-13, 12:58 PM
I like to see what people who can actually draw come up with.

Well how about this stuff I drew?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Rjy8rFdbpCM/T16rrjEF0jI/AAAAAAAABEU/FO6zPbGpaC8/s1600/Man_Coral%2Bcopy.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xvW8q3dVXQY/TziJjUBom8I/AAAAAAAAA0s/v0A5NkASAC8/s1600/Hell_Head%2Bcopy.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JcAbWs7YuEM/TzyG_d5T9PI/AAAAAAAAA10/hpVyEWz3rWQ/s1600/Face_of_God_2_copy.jpg

Eleanor_Rigby
2012-03-13, 06:01 PM

Liking the shameless self promotion there, Dr. Epic. :smallwink:

All three of those wig me out something frightful, but they're really well done. You're going through a good patch! (not that I thought stuff I've seen from you before is bad, it's just this is a very strong mini showcase)

As far as MeanMrsMustard's questions go... yup. You've been given good advice so far and also your mom probably knows how the scanner works better than we do. Probably. I still haven't got mine sussed out yet... :/

Like Elemental, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. The other options are to draw directly on the computer or iphone but it can take a bit of practice to get to grips with those so you might want to start off with trying to upload things you've already made.

Dr.Epic
2012-03-13, 08:22 PM
All three of those wig me out something frightful, but they're really well done. You're going through a good patch! (not that I thought stuff I've seen from you before is bad, it's just this is a very strong mini showcase)

You know I probably only spent an average of 2 hours on each.:smallwink:

ThePhantasm
2012-03-13, 08:34 PM
You know I probably only spent an average of 2 hours on each.:smallwink:

The more you post things, the more you terrify me out of my wits. :smalltongue:

Elemental
2012-03-14, 05:38 AM

Removed for length.

From what I can see, Salvador Dali painted images that made more sense.

Four and a half gold stars out of three.

MeanMrsMustard
2012-03-14, 07:45 PM
Curses. We do have a scanner, but it isn't compatible with Apple computers. :smallmad:
Oh, and Dr. Epic: Those pictures were... interesting... :smallwink:
(@Eleanor Rigby: Thanks! Also, nice handle. :smallbiggrin:)
EDIT: Yes, I am addicted to these smilies. Yay, emoticons!

Dr.Epic
2012-03-15, 05:19 PM
Check out this new mess I drew.:smallwink::smalltongue:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BJ6nf7W3_zk/T2Io8K_qmpI/AAAAAAAABFc/8L5IFG7bZjA/s1600/Beautiful_Person_small.jpg

Elemental
2012-03-15, 07:08 PM
Check out this new mess I drew.:smallwink::smalltongue:

Removed to save space.

Your art scares me on a subconscious level, but on a conscious level, I'm curious as to what it's supposed to represent...

Dr.Epic
2012-03-16, 08:48 PM
Your art scares me on a subconscious level, but on a conscious level, I'm curious as to what it's supposed to represent...

They represent cookies...and Ghost Nappa.