PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 Homerule PEACH

Halberd
2012-03-12, 04:38 PM
A Homerule I would like evaluated is:

Instead of the current action system, each player gets 6 points. Standards cost 3, moves 2, minors 1, and free 0.

Another version of this is to allow a second standard action if the player does nothing else. (Standard, Standard)

MesiDoomstalker
2012-03-12, 06:53 PM
Assuming enemies opperate under the same system, this system is iffy. For the first round, melee combatants see little to no difference. But casters/ranged combatants can abuse this system to stand in one place and get 2 attacks to the melee's 1 on round one. Melee combatant's get screwed with this system as they are far likely to need move actions to utilize their standards than ranged ones so ranged becomes much stronger due to higher damage and condition output. At the same time, they burn encounters/daily's faster. But firing off 2, possibly different, at-wills a turn is very potent. Likewise, players can abuse this system by using classes that are ranged focus and typically only use standard actions.

Reluctance
2012-03-12, 07:05 PM
Agreeing with Mesi. The whole point of lesser actions is so that you can use your standard to do something cool, and then have options that don't require you to give up your main action for the round. Giving another possible standard completely undermines that.

You also run into serious problems if someone loads up on minor action attacks. I'm picturing a six attack nova here. Sure, it's blowing the character's load. It's also cripplingly sick damage.

Surrealistik
2012-03-12, 07:12 PM
You also run into serious problems if someone loads up on minor action attacks. I'm picturing a six attack nova here. Sure, it's blowing the character's load. It's also cripplingly sick damage.

Lol this. 10char

Halberd
2012-03-13, 08:28 PM
I thought of a new problem. Solo (2 action points)+double attack/triple attack. Thanks for the advice. I was just frustrated when my fighter is standing next to an enemy and wasting my move and minor. It just seemed like a fighter who doesn't move would get to attack more than one that moved and used a minor.

Halberd
2012-03-13, 08:53 PM
As an alternate rule:
Not sure which works

Full Attack If attacking with a melee weapon and do not use any other actions

You may also use an at will
You get a bonus to damage (haven't decided what)
You do tier [W] extra