PDA

View Full Version : Attention Playgrounders? Have you seen ComicMix's March Madness?

suzaliscious
2012-03-12, 05:22 PM
http://www.comicmix.com/news/2012/03/09/announing-mix-march-madness-2012-nominations/comment-page-2/

OotS is far lower than it has any right to be. I cast my vote for a couple. Would have pitched in all 128 for OotS were it permitted, but alas.

Today's the last day to get them votes in! Hurry!

On a less related note, I was shocked to see 'Goblins' outdo the Titans of the genre such as xkcd, QC and OotS itself. And here I was thinking it was obscure ... score for D&D webcomics, I guess!

(I like Goblins and voted for it as well, to clarify in case someone misinterpreted my shock for hatred.)

Agnostik
2012-03-12, 05:27 PM
Voted for OOTS (and also for Savage Chickens, C&H and SATW). Thanks for the heads up.

I never really got into Goblins though. It was fun to read when I started because there was a huge backlog, but this style of barely anything happening for months doesn't sit well with me.

suzaliscious
2012-03-12, 05:40 PM
Same, I read most of the archives in one go. The update schedule is picking up again though.

I voted for OotS, xkcd, SMBC, QC, C&H, Goblins, Flipside and The Oatmeal. Was surprised at the lack of 8-Bit Theater but there might be a complete comics are excluded, clause.

Timeless Error
2012-03-12, 05:55 PM
Was surprised at the lack of 8-Bit Theater but there might be a complete comics are excluded, clause.

No, they included Digger, which has been finished for a while. Speaking of which, Digger, a masterpiece among webcomics, is doing mortifyingly poorly.

NerfTW
2012-03-12, 06:02 PM
They really should just disqualify the largest comics from those things. It's simply not fair for juggernauts like OOTS, Penny Arcade, and the like that have been around for decades with massive followings to go up against new comics.

No, they included Digger, which has been finished for a while. Speaking of which, Digger, a masterpiece among webcomics, is doing mortifyingly poorly.

Because it's been over for a long time. Something that ended years ago shouldn't even be on the list either.

fergo
2012-03-13, 05:48 AM
Voted :smallbiggrin:. And it's nice to see Goblins doing so well.