PDA

View Full Version : Eating God (Can I?)

Illithilich
2012-03-12, 07:58 PM
While I was reading Savage Species I saw the Illithid Savant class for the firs time. I thought it was nice, it gave some nice bonuses if you got lucky and picked the brains you ate right. One thing that stuck out was to me was Aquire Special Quality. It got me thinking, so I went over and checked in Deities and Demigods. And sure enough, a deity's Salient Divine Abilities and Godly Realm are both special qualities. So let say a Savant gets lucky and manages to chow down on a deity's brain. Would he be able to aquire these qualities and essentially become a deity itself?

Grendus
2012-03-12, 08:18 PM
If an illithid was powerful enough to subdue an actual god, not an aspect, he probably deserves to be a deity.

Kaeso
2012-03-12, 08:20 PM
Do deities even have brains that can be consumed?

Gnome Alone
2012-03-12, 08:21 PM
While I was reading Savage Species I saw the Illithid Savant class for the firs time. I thought it was nice, it gave some nice bonuses if you got lucky and picked the brains you ate right. One thing that stuck out was to me was Aquire Special Quality. It got me thinking, so I went over and checked in Deities and Demigods. And sure enough, a deity's Salient Divine Abilities and Godly Realm are both special qualities. So let say a Savant gets lucky and manages to chow down on a deity's brain. Would he be able to aquire these qualities and essentially become a deity itself?

Quick, someone make one of those stupid motivational poster meme things where instead of a cat wanting to has a cheeseburger it's a Mindflayer wanting to know if "I cans be god-devouring eldritch abomination?"

Agent 451
2012-03-12, 08:27 PM
I would say that yes, you could become a deity, considering you are committing deicide. Checkout Deities and Demigods page 218.

classy one
2012-03-13, 02:23 AM
There are a bunch of dead/sleeping gods in the astral plane. Chow on one of those for a few years.

Talya
2012-03-13, 07:06 AM
This isn't where my mind was when I read the title.

Venger
2012-03-13, 09:44 AM
Quick, someone make one of those stupid motivational poster meme things where instead of a cat wanting to has a cheeseburger it's a Mindflayer wanting to know if "I cans be god-devouring eldritch abomination?"

Ask, and you shall receive

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k485/boygenius1991/4054325.jpg

EDIT: does anyone know how to properly code the IMG and URL tags around this photobucket link? I can't do it right.

Diarmuid
2012-03-13, 09:55 AM
I dont see why not, Catholics do it every Sunday right?

deuxhero
2012-03-13, 09:59 AM
I notice you say "lucky", note that gods do not auto fail on nat 1.