PDA

View Full Version : Maxing rogue damage

Dancingdeath
2012-03-12, 09:54 PM
I have a drow rogue 5, assasin 2 that I'd like to make an absolute beast. Suggestions on PrCs or ites I might want to aquire? I'm thinking I should pick one more level of each rogue and assasin due to the SA bonus I receive at the next level of each.

limejuicepowder
2012-03-12, 10:09 PM
1) take 3 levels of binder, take the improved binding feat, and bind Paimon. You get a bonus to dex, bonus to tumble, whirlwind, and dance of death. Maybe not the most damaging, but pretty darn good....and cool, IMO.

2) master thrower, if you like range. palm throw, doubletoss, weak spot, tumbling toss, sneaky shot....all kinds of neat things to pick from. Again, maybe you won't do the most amount of damage on paper, but I'd bet your tactical advantages end up letting you more damage in the long hall.

3) be boring and take the TWF line. slightly less boring way to do this is a couple levels of warblade and some tiger claw.

that's all I can think of right now

Edit: 4) oooo take one more level of assassin so your BA is +6 (are you using fractional base attack?), then enter the justiciar PrC. It has a sneak attack progression of a sorts, some good chemistry with TWF, and some awesome grapple options for when you can't SA. It's fluff might not fit with your character though.

HunterOfJello
2012-03-12, 10:13 PM
The Rogue Handbook: A Fistful of d6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156350)will likely help you. It has a lot of good options in it.

One more level of Assassin would be good to get access to the 2nd level spells and higher SA. My personal favorite roge PrC is the Shadow Theif of Amn. It's easy to get into, pays back the feat prerequisite and gets a bunch of awesome bonuses.

The spells from Assassin are likely a better investment in the long term. Getting to Assassin 8 is going to be an awesome character, but will not have the maximum SA compared to some of the crazy dipping builds out there.

~~~~

Anyone have a link to the maximum SA build?

*edit*

Remember, definitely grab the Craven feat no matter what.

Dancingdeath
2012-03-12, 10:16 PM
Where can I find the Binder class, and TWF means two weapon fighting? I'm doing that already.

limejuicepowder
2012-03-12, 10:17 PM
Where can I find the Binder class, and TWF means two weapon fighting? I'm doing that already.

Binder is from Tome of Magic

dextercorvia
2012-03-12, 10:30 PM
I have a drow rogue 5, assasin 2 that I'd like to make an absolute beast. Suggestions on PrCs or ites I might want to aquire? I'm thinking I should pick one more level of each rogue and assasin due to the SA bonus I receive at the next level of each.

You don't get SA at Rogue6. One more level in Assasin, followed by two of Swordsage will get you Assasin's Stance for +2d6 more sneak attack. It will also allow you to take Shadow Blade for dex to damage. I'd go back and run Assassin to 8 to get HiPS.