PDA

View Full Version : Animate Rope, creativity challange

Wookie-ranger
2012-03-12, 11:17 PM
It simple:

Find the most creative use for animate rope!

here is an example.
a necromancer attacks you with a zombie viper.

SRD: You can animate a nonliving ropelike object.
:smallbiggrin:

SilverLeaf167
2012-03-13, 12:45 AM
Nitpick: In D&D terms, any creatures, even undead ones, do not count as objects.

Fluffy_1.0
2012-03-13, 12:50 AM
Oh, I know all kinds of fun ways to use rope. Wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-03-13, 01:02 AM
Invalidating the Use Rope skill since level 1 :smallbiggrin:

But more seriously, how about simple rope traps? Don't have time to set them up? Throw ropes on the ground (hidden preffered but not neccesary) and hide. Wait and prepare an action each round till an enemy is right on top of them.

Have it constantly prepared Stilled (Silent optional but useful) so you can escape any rope-like bonds.

Coat (or soak) a length of rope in contact poison and use it as an unsuspected poison delivery system.

Messing up machines. Chances are, most machines you'd encounter will have a viable target somewhere in its machinery and you can cause it to malfunction (be sure to get rid of pesky line-of-effect issues first).

Faking a snake charmer. May require use of an illusion spell. At which point you wonder why you just didn't make an illusion of a snake in the first place.

Cause an enemy's belt to tighten. Not sure exactly what that would do, but it be funny. I guess you could cause it to loosen/unfastened too, if you want to humiliate them instead. Could be use on any aplicable article of clothing (including shoelaces if they exist).

Grinner
2012-03-13, 02:21 AM
Nitpick: In D&D terms, any creatures, even undead ones, do not count as objects.

Their corpses might..... :smallamused:

ahenobarbi
2012-03-13, 02:54 AM

but corpses do. So you can use Animate Rope to fake zombie snake.

Set your enemies on fire by having your burning animated rope tie them up?

panaikhan
2012-03-13, 03:24 AM
I once used Animate Rope to make a chainsaw.
Also, it was a component in a Weapon Familiar, a tail that could move itself.